The Student Room Group

Girls on dating sites

Someone needs to inform them that there us a reply button, I write individual and time consuming messages and never here back. I literally have a 0% response rate.

That is all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From my experience women know the reply button, but 99% of them do not how to reply PROPERLY. I used to be on an online dating website and bro I am telling you, no matter how much effort you put in your sentence the reply you will get is going to be be dumb and meaningless most of the time anyway. I really hated talking to girls online, I felt like I am talking to a rock, sandly.

I have met one interesting and open girl once, but it never worked out.
Forums are where you chat to people and get more of an opportunity to get to know them, both one tot one and in other contexts You can hear about their stance on many topics and how they interact with others. A dating site is jus a photo with a profile, a paragraph with all the buzz-words that are supposed to sound 'attractive and an inbox that person may check now and again. You are just another name on her list. I've never touched dating websites, but I've met some really wonderful people through forums.

She doesn't have to be into you, especially when she probably has 100s of creepers just trying to get in her pants. However, it is commendable that you take the time to actually strike up conversation rather than just go 'Sup bitch. SHOW ME UR TITS.'
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Someone needs to inform them that there us a reply button, I write individual and time consuming messages and never here back. I literally have a 0% response rate.

That is all.

girls are extremely picky. the internet has made it even worse. plus, many of them are on dating sites for the ego boost (same reason they go clubbing).

also this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

you are probably in the 80%. sorry.
The thing with internet dating sites is that people (read: women) can afford to be extremely choosy without the awkward social situation of rejecting someone. With an online profile, you put out information that people can reject from the outset that they wouldn't usually if they had gotten to know you IRL. For example, a girl gets a nice message from a guy, but his profile says that he likes a certain activity/genre of music/film that she doesn't, and although it wouldn't matter in real life, she can discount him immediately, because she has 50 other messages waiting to be read.

Sad, but true I'm afraid.
As a girl using dating sites, it's not about what you say, it's about your pictures and your profile. To be honest, it has made me up my standards in what guys look like, because I will wait for someone who is my type or someone who looks good and tall etc. The reason why we can do this, is essentially online dating is a catalogue of men, you can pick who you want.

When you're sending messages, that will alert the girl to your profile, she will look at it and if she likes what she sees, you will get a reply. If not, then she didn't like what she saw.

My advice would be to brush up your profile with nice pictures as opposed to spending time with a big greeting.
They're not worth the time, mate. I second the advice that forums are probably a hell of a lot better to meet people on.
Reply 7
Of course it's natural that people are looking for different things and aren't going to be interested in everything they see but it's just common courtesy to reply.
Of course it's natural that people are looking for different things and aren't going to be interested in everything they see but it's just common courtesy to reply.

If you genuinely want to know why women don't reply to you... make a believable fake female profile and observe the results.

That's quite awkward to do though, and online, you can avoid rejecting someone entirely by just not replying.

some people haven't been online for a while and may even have forgotten that they have an account.

in general though, girls get like 60 messages a day and let's face it not everyone would get a reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
If you have even a shred of respect for yourself, never EVER pursue girls on these sites. The reason why they're on the site is because they cant get guys in real life so they come online and all of a sudden turn into some evil, demi-god who has the power the choose from hundreds of guys even if they themselves are super unattractive. If you don't have a six pack, flashy car or show some sort of wealth in your profile pic then you wont even get a peek.

Do yourself a favour and meet NORMAL girls. You'll have better luck with them.
On top of what others have said, dating sites are pretty much money-spinning schemes (via membership fees or ad revenue) and have no real interest in actually hooking up the lonely hearts of the world.

Women have been shown to be exceptionally choosier about who they engage with, the imbalance of men to women, the loaded awkward unnatural way communication through these places function.

Not to mention there's a lot of weirdos and just...not desirable types who resort to these sites.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
If you have even a shred of respect for yourself, never EVER pursue girls on these sites. The reason why they're on the site is because they cant get guys in real life so they come online and all of a sudden turn into some evil, demi-god who has the power the choose from hundreds of guys even if they themselves are super unattractive. If you don't have a six pack, flashy car or show some sort of wealth in your profile pic then you wont even get a peek.

Do yourself a favour and meet NORMAL girls. You'll have better luck with them.

actually not all girls on it 'can't get guys in real life'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Online dating is awful for the majority of the guys.

You have to be really good looking or really wealthy...

Inb4 my friends cousin got a gf on a dating site and he's decent looking and not wealthy :blah:
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Online dating is awful for the majority of the guys.

You have to be really good looking or really wealthy...

Inb4 my friends cousin got a gf on a dating site and he's decent looking and not wealthy :blah:

this is partly true. disagree with the good looking and wealthy though. Some girls want a long term relationship and unlikely to reply to anyone who doesn't want the same thing regardless of status or looks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
this is partly true. disagree with the good looking and wealthy though. Some girls want a long term relationship and unlikely to reply to anyone who doesn't want the same thing regardless of status or looks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I imagine a decent number of guys wants a long term relationship too...but I bet they still get turned down due to their looks..
Girls get loads of messages, they can be picky on who they reply, she will deffo reply the good looking guys.
I imagine a decent number of guys wants a long term relationship too...but I bet they still get turned down due to their looks..
Girls get loads of messages, they can be picky on who they reply, she will deffo reply the good looking guys.

not really. from experience, I've noticed that a lot of guys in dating sites want something casual. of course there are others who want a long term relationship but as you said girls can get picky but most pick similarity over looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
not really. from experience, I've noticed that a lot of guys in dating sites want something casual. of course there are others who want a long term relationship but as you said girls can get picky but most pick similarity over looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok well I've never been on an online dating site but I can imagine how tough it can be for a guy :redface:
i guess the girls have to also weed out the casual guys...
Oh ok well I've never been on an online dating site but I can imagine how tough it can be for a guy :redface:
i guess the girls have to also weed out the casual guys...

yeah it's tough for guys. my husband had pretty much the same experience as every guy here on tsr who posts stuff on dating sites. but it's not too easy for girls either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending