The Student Room Group

Change your avatar to support Anti-Bullying Week!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rational Thinker
Now we get to the crux of the matter. Excuse my cynicism but it seems that Its not about helping those who have been bullied but making everyone feel self satisfied and papering over the mistakes. There seems a desperation for everyone to try and say "i've done my bit". This is not a criticism of TSR necessarily but of wider society generally, however TSR has become a product of that society.

Ok at the risk of kicking off derailment and hijacking I'd like to answer this point by saying that TSR are trying to do something to reduce bullying by removing the neg rep. Whether it is effective or not or if you believe it's a good idea is an entirely separate matter but the fact remains they are experimenting with anti bullying tactics. Please lets not go down a discussion here as to whether it's a good idea or not, there are tons of threads and postings on that.

What I'm saying is that TSR aren't just paying lip service and also reading people's responses over this and other issues it would seem to me that a lot of our community members aren't either. Yes there are some people just jumping on the bandwagon, you'll always get that but please don't tar everybody either.
Original post by Folion
Ok at the risk of kicking off derailment and hijacking I'd like to answer this point by saying that TSR are trying to do something to reduce bullying by removing the neg rep. Whether it is effective or not or if you believe it's a good idea is an entirely separate matter but the fact remains they are experimenting with anti bullying tactics. Please lets not go down a discussion here as to whether it's a good idea or not, there are tons of threads and postings on that.

What I'm saying is that TSR aren't just paying lip service and also reading people's responses over this and other issues it would seem to me that a lot of our community members aren't either. Yes there are some people just jumping on the bandwagon, you'll always get that but please don't tar everybody either.

Why is criticism of this move "off topic". Are only the most sychophantic replies relevant?
Reply 42
Original post by Rational Thinker
Why is criticism of this move "off topic". Are only the most sychophantic replies relevant?

All I'm saying is that they are at least experimenting with possible anti bullying measures not whether that experiment is likely to work or not.
Basically I'm trying to illustrate they're actively trying stuff out not paying lip service.
Original post by Folion
All I'm saying is that they are at least experimenting with possible anti bullying measures not whether that experiment is likely to work or not.
Basically I'm trying to illustrate they're actively trying stuff out not paying lip service.

Lets go in PM.
Reply 44
done

good work
Original post by sosadsosad
But I like my bunny :frown:

I don't know whether I should change or not. :hmmmm2: Do any of them have a rabbit on them? :redface:

You could customise one.

I plan to customise one that suits my current avatar.
Original post by ConsiderScience
You could customise one.

I plan to customise one that suits my current avatar.

How do I customise it? :erm:
Loving the customisations! Anti-Bullying week is so important because it provokes conversations such as this one that gets people thinking, and that is where lasting change will happen.

I for one support the week itself because I would like to get even a small number of people to think about stopping bullying where they can. I want people who see others being bullied to let that person know they are not on their own.
How do I customise it? :erm:

Use the force.

Or photo manipulation software.
Use the force.

The latter would probably be easier :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Here's a though could Somme post a pic of just the bubble so we can add it to our existing avatars

Thanks
Original post by Mazzini
If I change it though, I won't be able to have 100px * 100px Miranda back afterwards :sad:

I'll put one in my sig instead :yep:

Why do you want to have the least funny comedienne (and ugliest on par with Jo Brand) still? Change it for ABW, please.
Use the force.

I don't have any photo manipulation software :sad:
Done and done :smile: Bullying is an awful epidemic that should never be tolerated. I experienced it throughout most of school.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Willum Infanta
Why do you want to have the least funny comedienne (and ugliest on par with Jo Brand) still? Change it for ABW, please.

Did you seriously just show support for ABW in the same sentence as calling two accomplished women 'ugly'? :unimpressed:

I don't have any photo manipulation software :sad:

GIMP is free and easy to use :smile:, that's how I changed mine x
Done!

:biggrin:
Original post by buchanan700
Did you seriously just show support for ABW in the same sentence as calling two accomplished women 'ugly'? :unimpressed:

GIMP is free and easy to use :smile:, that's how I changed mine x

What's GIMP? :ashamed2:
What's GIMP? :ashamed2:

The GNU Image manipulation program. Basically an open-source version of Photoshop :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by SecretDuck
The GNU Image manipulation program. Basically an open-source version of Photoshop :biggrin:

Spoiler

Oh :frown: Wah, my computer's too slow to download anything :frown: Sigh...
Oh :frown: Wah, my computer's too slow to download anything :frown: Sigh...

bunny.gif

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest