The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Five weeks end tomorrow...

Anyone still waiting for a decision for Law?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by hvrey

Me! My five weeks also ends tomorrow :frown:
Original post by hvrey

Yeah my five weeks end tomorrow too. I guess the best thing to do would be to assume you're going to have to wait another couple of weeks.
Reply 1803
Original post by QuestionsQ
Yeah my five weeks end tomorrow too. I guess the best thing to do would be to assume you're going to have to wait another couple of weeks.

Absolutely, it is most probably the case that the 'seven week' time period now being stipulated is something we will have to abide by too.
Reply 1804
Original post by hvrey

yesssssss, my five weeks ended ... a few days ago? ugh.
Original post by mayaa_27
:eek: oh wow!!! Ive been predicted A* A A A...im doing maths, further maths, biology and chemistry...how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1806
Original post by President M.E.
Yep, very sloppy from the Philosophy dept...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not just philosophy, it happened to me as well and I applied for law

Original post by hvrey

Yep, my five weeks ends tomorrow so I'll be due to hear from them soon
I got the LSE questionnaire thing today, 4 weeks into my 5 week email (lol)
Methinks LSE is just trolling with these emails...:troll:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by President M.E.
Methinks LSE is just trolling with these emails...:troll:

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you get it too?
Reply 1810
Original post by mm14

Yep, my five weeks ends tomorrow so I'll be due to hear from them soon

... you would think.

(Fellow Law applicant here. Very few people are hearing back straight after the five weeks ends.)
Original post by gouratiltzen
Quite a few of us are in the same position for IR on here.

I don't mean to see that it's unfair. I'm aware of how oversubscribed IR is at LSE. Just sucks that they can't let us know sooner :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay it has now been 4 weeks since my 2 week email from LSE and 5 since my application. Is there a tangible reason to email them? My head of sixth form thinks no, but then again I don't really trust him too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys,

so I opened a thread about this but I've gotten no answers, and I cannot for the life of me believe I'm the only one in this position, so I'm going to repost it here where perhaps it'll get more views and thus hopefully more responses.

"hey guys,

so how do you think LSE will view it if I apply both to the International Relations and History course and just the International Relations course? I know you probably don't know, but figured I'd ask. Usually applying to multiple courses at one university can seem indecisive, but I think in this case it's understandable as they are essentially the same thing, except one includes a history component. does anyone else have any experience with this or know someone who got in to one of these courses having applied to both? thanks"

SO, anyone else thinking of applying/or have applied for both IR and IR and history?
Reply 1814
Original post by stiel
... you would think.

(Fellow Law applicant here. Very few people are hearing back straight after the five weeks ends.)

Yeah I catch your drift, I'm only expecting to hear back immediately for a rejection, in the case that they take a couple more weeks or until Xmas I assume no news is good news
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I got the LSE questionnaire thing today, 4 weeks into my 5 week email (lol)

Omg I just got that today as well!!!
Reply 1816
Original post by silonthesofa
hey guys,

so I opened a thread about this but I've gotten no answers, and I cannot for the life of me believe I'm the only one in this position, so I'm going to repost it here where perhaps it'll get more views and thus hopefully more responses.

"hey guys,

so how do you think LSE will view it if I apply both to the International Relations and History course and just the International Relations course? I know you probably don't know, but figured I'd ask. Usually applying to multiple courses at one university can seem indecisive, but I think in this case it's understandable as they are essentially the same thing, except one includes a history component. does anyone else have any experience with this or know someone who got in to one of these courses having applied to both? thanks"

SO, anyone else thinking of applying/or have applied for both IR and IR and history?

They'll reject you for one and only consider you for one course, since they're in the same department. It's mentioned on their website somewhere.
I received a rejection for law even though I've already achieved A*A*A. Gutted. Lol I hate my GCSEs so much right now
Reply 1818
Original post by DeanTJ1995
I received a rejection for law even though I've already achieved A*A*A. Gutted. Lol I hate my GCSEs so much right now

What were your GCSEs?
Reply 1819
Just got an offer from Durham .... LSE, you can rob .... my... balls.:evilbanana: no more waiting for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending