The Student Room Group

Girls on dating sites

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For what it's worth, I met my girlfriend on an online dating site. I had a similar experience though, I messaged a lot of girls with messages I had sat and thought about and got very little response. I had a few messages from girls though that I ignored for very superficial reasons, but that's fair. In a relationship you want to feel physically attracted to the other person and know you have something in common. That's the advantage of using these services, you can go into a conversation with someone already knowing you share interests. I had a few messages from girls that liked to spend all their money on beach holidays and enjoyed going hunting with their fathers, so since I knew I was never going to get on with them I didn't really bother to reply. In fact, my girlfriend was the last person I decided to message before I deleted my profile! I didn't think it was working but this girl was really pretty and we shared some interests. Here I am, a little bit down the line in the best relationship I have ever had. I suppose you just have to be patient.

And as for the sort of people that go onto these sites...I work very hard in my job so I didn't have any time to get out and meet someone. Why not make a profile to see what it's like. Seems to have worked for me.
Reply 21
your spelling and grammar is very bad. maybe that's the reason
Reply 22
Original post by tinshed
your spelling and grammar is very bad. maybe that's the reason

you'll never know how patronising that is.

girls = eloi
boys= morlocks
Reply 23
Original post by Dragonfly07
If you genuinely want to know why women don't reply to you... make a believable fake female profile and observe the results.

But I imagine most messages girls receive don't have a lot of thought put into them as a lot of men seem to spread their chips thinly.

Original post by desdemonata
That's quite awkward to do though, and online, you can avoid rejecting someone entirely by just not replying.

It shouldn't be awkward to say sorry I'm not interested because of x,y,z.

Original post by MancBoy

Do yourself a favour and meet NORMAL girls. You'll have better luck with them.

That would be ideal but I'm 22 and most girls my age tend to in relationships or seeing someone, plus I'm bored with games. It's also hard to meet girls outside friendship groups because girls in clubs are only after one thing.

Original post by donutaud15
some people haven't been online for a while and may even have forgotten that they have an account.

in general though, girls get like 60 messages a day and let's face it not everyone would get a reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they viewed my profile, it's not being unwanted but not getting a polite response that led to me making this thread.
Original post by Anonymous
But I imagine most messages girls receive don't have a lot of thought put into them as a lot of men seem to spread their chips thinly.

It shouldn't be awkward to say sorry I'm not interested because of x,y,z.

That would be ideal but I'm 22 and most girls my age tend to in relationships or seeing someone, plus I'm bored with games. It's also hard to meet girls outside friendship groups because girls in clubs are only after one thing.

No they viewed my profile, it's not being unwanted but not getting a polite response that led to me making this thread.

what do you mean 'polite response'? do you mean they're rude? or just not replying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Someone needs to inform them that there us a reply button, I write individual and time consuming messages and never here back. I literally have a 0% response rate.

That is all.

This is not a dating site to post your problem here.
Reply 26
Original post by donutaud15
what do you mean 'polite response'? do you mean they're rude? or just not replying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry what I meant was that it is polite to reply.
Sorry what I meant was that it is polite to reply.

as I've mentioned, most girls get loads of messages and unfortunately not all would get a reply. Even if they've checked your profile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
That 'one thing' is sex, right? Does it matter if they only want sex? You're a red-blooded male, you should be snapping up sex when the opportunity presents itself (and there is no better opportunity than a girl in a club coming onto you or giving strong signals that she wants your dick).

Who knows, the next morning you might arrange to meet up and it might turn into a relationship. Or the sex might be amazing and you turn into **** buddies. Or she might invite you out with her friends and you get to know one of her friends who do want a relationship. Be open minded.
Reply 29
The world conditions us men to think that we should initiate everything. Therefore, men send more messages on dating sites and women receive more. Stay with me.

So if a women has been on a site for two days and has 35 messages (likely, even for the least attractive of women) they'll go straight for the best looking ones. Lets be real, people read your profile but an ugly profile picture can get you ignore by many from the get-go. At least in public it's easier to win over a person.

There are strategies online to optimise results but other than that, if you don't look like Brad Pitt then stick to real life. Trust me, I don't look like him either, but it's the same reason I'd rather have a job interview than someone read my CV - one plays to my strengths, one only hints at them.
Reply 30
I think everyone, ok, almost everyone wants love and respect and share emotions with someone. But i would agree that its quite difficult to find your beloved. Thats why not only girld register at dating sites, they are looking for chance.
Reply 31
Original post by Tomkinson
For what it's worth, I met my girlfriend on an online dating site. I had a similar experience though, I messaged a lot of girls with messages I had sat and thought about and got very little response. I had a few messages from girls though that I ignored for very superficial reasons, but that's fair. In a relationship you want to feel physically attracted to the other person and know you have something in common. That's the advantage of using these services, you can go into a conversation with someone already knowing you share interests. I had a few messages from girls that liked to spend all their money on beach holidays and enjoyed going hunting with their fathers, so since I knew I was never going to get on with them I didn't really bother to reply.

Ok I understand wasting money on beach holidays but girls going hunting?? They sound awesome what's wrong with that :biggrin:
Reply 32
Someone needs to inform them that there us a reply button, I write individual and time consuming messages and never here back. I literally have a 0% response rate.

That is all.

Dude, ****ton of guys sending them messages and only one of them, they can afford to be picky. Try bars and clubs, you get a better read on a girl and are in an environment where they're less likely to blow you off, because it's more personal.
Reply 33
Id agree and disagree.

Id agree that the vast majority of women will get an abundance of messages from across the board of weirdos and nice guys. And Im sure women are more than likely going to be picky.

TBF, the men are also being picky. I know when I went on POF, I'd view and faveourite the ones I thought were attractive visually, as opposed to personality. Someone might have fitted my exact thing that I wanted in someone, but may not have messaged them based on looks. And by doing that the men are already narrowing down their pool, because the ones that they might actually have a chance with, arent the ones the men want. I think that's true.

Personally, I spent about a month on POF. I messaged about 5 or 6 girls which I found attractive and seemed to have the right personalities. I probably viewed a good 100 or so women, 30 of which I found attractive (guessing on the numbers, dont quote me). And then out of those 5 or 6, one was attractive ( to me anyway), had a nice quirky personality and could hold a conversation. We're now dating.

So the moral of the story is, if you're just messaging everyone, you arent likely going to get success. Trying to narrow it down to a handful of those who are REALLY viable (not some model that you'll never have a chance with), then you're more likely to be successful.

Thats my experience anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest