The Student Room Group

Any Access students now started to get offers?

My tutor submitted my reference on monday and already I have had 3 offers, from Coventry, Manchester and Leeds... good times! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Well done mate! Nope, I haven't sent off my application yet. I'm feeling confident I can at least get some solid offers though!
Wow, that's really fast. Congratulations on getting the offers. My tutor submitted mine this evening, so I'm going to be compulsively checking my email every 5 minutes until I hear back from the universities.
Reply 3
I submitted mine today, just waiting on the college to do references etc and send it off now... not very confident about offers etc, mostly just because I've been looking into how competitive it is to get onto the history courses at universities.
For example, Chester is one of my choices but last year they had 800 applicants for 90 places :/
Just hope I get an offer from MMU or Leicester!
That sounds a lot, but remember most people make 5 choices on their UCAS form, so it's not going to everyone's first choice. If the numbers are evenly distributed, it could be more like 160 serious applications for 90 places.
Reply 5
I had my application sent off this morning. A few people on my course have received offers already.
Reply 6
I'm applying to do Criminology and I've had 4 offers already! I was really surprised how quickly I heard back. I've had offers from Aberystwyth, BCU, Gloucestershire and UWE. Just waiting to hear back from Coventry now.
I submitted mine for adult nursing 5 days ago and I'm still waiting for my tutor to finish her reference! Someone on my course has just received a rejection from Leeds though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by 26Kathryn
I'm applying to do Criminology and I've had 4 offers already! I was really surprised how quickly I heard back. I've had offers from Aberystwyth, BCU, Gloucestershire and UWE. Just waiting to hear back from Coventry now.

go you!! well done!
Reply 9
I sent my application last Friday and have had 2 offers already but I finished my access course last year so already have my grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Mine was sent on Wednesday evening, haven't had any offers yet. How long does it generally take...? I can't bear waiting hahaha :frown: Really worried about mine because I took A Levels 5 years ago and did horrendeously, and had to put my grades on my UCAS. My tutor tells me not to worry too much about it but I'm still freaking out :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Original post by MkGuy
My tutor submitted my reference on monday and already I have had 3 offers, from Coventry, Manchester and Leeds... good times! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

How long did it take for your college to give you a reference? I sent mine on Thursday.
Reply 12
Original post by ddtown
How long did it take for your college to give you a reference? I sent mine on Thursday.

took him about a month, I sent it around middle of October, he finally did the reference and sent it tuesday.:eek:
Reply 13
Original post by Jessykins
Mine was sent on Wednesday evening, haven't had any offers yet. How long does it generally take...? I can't bear waiting hahaha :frown: Really worried about mine because I took A Levels 5 years ago and did horrendeously, and had to put my grades on my UCAS. My tutor tells me not to worry too much about it but I'm still freaking out :s-smilie:

It totally varies between each university, so try not to worry too much. I was scared as hell, I just generally was a lazy kid who couldn't be bothered, literally got 3 GCSE's and then went on to do a BTEC nat dip, which I screwed up as well, so now really is like my second chance. Best of luck, I am sure your offers will start to come through soon.
Had offers from;

Manchester Met (1st choice)
Liverpool John Moores
Liverpool Hope

Still waiting on Chester (2nd choice) and Leicester.

:biggrin:
Original post by MkGuy
It totally varies between each university, so try not to worry too much. I was scared as hell, I just generally was a lazy kid who couldn't be bothered, literally got 3 GCSE's and then went on to do a BTEC nat dip, which I screwed up as well, so now really is like my second chance. Best of luck, I am sure your offers will start to come through soon.

Same as me... the highest I got was a C in Drama... I literally just didn't go in for my exams because I thought having a job at 16 was more important :/
Reply 16
Original post by Samuel1988
Same as me... the highest I got was a C in Drama... I literally just didn't go in for my exams because I thought having a job at 16 was more important :/

Haha. Yup... me too. Funny how our perspectives change as we get older.
Reply 17
Yes, I got five offers! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by paula92xo
Yes, I got five offers! :biggrin:

thats great news! bet your over the moon! still waiting on one more... the one I want the most. :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
No offers yet but only sent it end of last week.

Not overly hopeful as one of our tutors is very odd with his marking of our assignments and he was really lazy in doing our UCAS reference too.

Fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending