The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackTeh96
Anyone doing Decision Math? how do you find it?

I'm finding it alright, though all the different graphs and algorithms are a pain in the arse
Original post by aasvogel
I'm self-teaching D1! I'm really enjoying it so far, currently halfway through chapter 5 and nothing so far has been tricky. How about you?

Same thing as you!!!! i just finish the Chinese postman problem. I just use the textbook and the website.
Reply 7042
Finding S1 so boring and fairly easy, C1 harder but nothing too bad. Looking forward to C2 when we start it soon :smile:
Reply 7043
Original post by cmorga1
Finding S1 so boring and fairly easy, C1 harder but nothing too bad. Looking forward to C2 when we start it soon :smile:

You should be happy with C2 then, nice step up from C1.

Currently want to die in M1 though :frown:
Original post by Glitch96
Math C2 disk isn't working...

:woo:

Download this app tinyurl.com/c2solapp instead of using the cd
Original post by JackTeh96
Same thing as you!!!! i just finish the Chinese postman problem. I just use the textbook and the website.

Chinese postman problem is good, some of the earlier algorithms like Prim's and Djikstra's are actually quite interesting! So far I've worked from the textbook and completed some exercises, I have the CD if needs be, but haven't needed it so far. I'll hopefully have the module wrapped up before Christmas, if not mid-January (I'm taking it quite leisurely atm), so after that I'll have loads of time for past papers, perhaps even moving on to another module!
Original post by Farhan96
Download this app tinyurl.com/c2solapp instead of using the cd

Thanks... hmm It's a jar file, what am I supposed to do with it?
Original post by Glitch96
Thanks... hmm It's a jar file, what am I supposed to do with it?

Open it up with java and it comes up with the whole solution bank.
Original post by Farhan96
Open it up with java and it comes up with the whole solution bank.

It works, that's a big help thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by aasvogel
Chinese postman problem is good, some of the earlier algorithms like Prim's and Djikstra's are actually quite interesting! So far I've worked from the textbook and completed some exercises, I have the CD if needs be, but haven't needed it so far. I'll hopefully have the module wrapped up before Christmas, if not mid-January (I'm taking it quite leisurely atm), so after that I'll have loads of time for past papers, perhaps even moving on to another module!

I need to get it done by Christmas so that I could start on past papers and move on the Fp1. I am doing D1 and FP1 by myself this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7050
Thanks peeps I feel motivated to just learn my stuff! It's not the end of the world just yet, and yeah, a levels are supposed to be hard so I guess it's not so bad to find it challenging

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7051
I have parents evening next Tuesday sigh
Got my report today... all I can say is 'oh dear' :lol:
Reply 7053
I don't know how but managed to get B's in all 3 subjects :lol:

Most of the year though came out with Us-Cs
Haven't got my report yet but I predict AABD
Did surprisingly well in my report! A in bio, A in geog, A- in chem and A- in maths, and my MTGs are A in chem, A in maths, A in bio and A* (welp) in geog.
Did you have to do a marked exam style paper for computing? All we've done is make programs... and homework, which is never checked anyway :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7057
They put the Maths and F Maths grades together :smile:
****ing terrible maths test :facepalm2: I got unnecessarily confused on an extremely simple question (it seemed too simple :mmm:) and ended up missing several questions as a result of time wastage :emo:
I don't frequent this as often nowadays but did any of you guys do the Senior Maths Challenge, and if so how did you do?

Latest