The Student Room Group

Anyone else use shorthand?

Who else uses shorthand? I'm learning pitman new era for the hell of it (what a fun life I lead).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Krollo
Who else uses shorthand? I'm learning pitman new era for the hell of it (what a fun life I lead).

Yay for learning somewhat niche skills.

The only person I know who knows shorthand is a friend who did a journalism degree. Are you planning to use it for taking notes at school/uni? Will it really save time?
Reply 2
Original post by Milostar
Yay for learning somewhat niche skills.

The only person I know who knows shorthand is a friend who did a journalism degree. Are you planning to use it for taking notes at school/uni? Will it really save time?

Yeah, the plan was to use it for note taking in class, but it's turning into a way to write fast whenever I feel lazy. It seems to be saving time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Krollo
Yeah, the plan was to use it for note taking in class, but it's turning into a way to write fast whenever I feel lazy. It seems to be saving time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is shorthand?
Reply 4
I, too, would like to find out what this shorthand language is :hmmmm2:
I'm learning teeline shorthand, although I'm not yet proficient enough at it to use it for note taking :P

Still, hopefully I'll be good at it by the time I get to uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Where are you learning it from? Despite me mainly having maths lessons in which the note taking is minimal it sounds really useful :biggrin:
Nice!
The Pitman place in my town does teeline shorthand.
I have tried it, but it takes me longer than writing normally -- though I know that this will reduce over time.
Reply 8
I tried to, but I got confused and stopped learning :tongue:
Reply 9
Hi where are you learning pitman new Era no one teaches it anymore though I would like to learn it via a tutor. I'm learning Teeline shorthand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending