The Student Room Group

Worried what he'll think of my body

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Take a look at the recent picture of the deformed gentleman being kissed by the pope.

First world problems?
Original post by A5ko
Take a look at the recent picture of the deformed gentleman being kissed by the pope.

First world problems?

It's more because I'm a virgin and no one has ever seen me naked. It's only recently that I've become more confident with my body image. For years I was 'the fat one' at school with absolutely no attention from guys. Sometimes I actually forget that I've lost the weight, catch sight of myself in the mirror and feel genuinely surprised at what I see! It really wasn't that long ago that I was (quite frankly) huge. I guess it's normal to be self-conscious about my body.

What I'm more concerned about now is sleeping with this guy, whether or not it is too soon, whether or not it's slutty to sleep with someone I have only known for three weeks. As I said originally, we're going out so are likely to be drunk and I think I would prefer to be more in control when I do lose my virginity. I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get to his but I know he won't force me into anything I'm uncomfortable with. I'm just in two minds as to what I really want. I don't want to come off as easy and for him to lose interest in me - we're not exactly officially a couple yet.
Reply 22
You don't know what will happen when you get back to his?

Well unless he's going to rape you, nothing if you don't want it to?
Original post by A5ko
You don't know what will happen when you get back to his?

Well unless he's going to rape you, nothing if you don't want it to?

Obviously. What I mean is, I'm not sure if I will say yes or not. It depends how I feel on the night. My mum thinks it's too soon because we're not in an exclusive relationship yet - it's still early days. I would like to have sex with him but I don't want to rush into it and ruin a potential relationship (which would happen to be my first one ever).
Reply 24
I'm following this thread to see the replies. I'm kind of seeing a guy who is ripped and I'm toned but not ripped so I've been going to the gym everyday.
Reply 25
Can't seem to edit my post so I'll post twice:

In regards to losing your virginity, it's way too early. I'm a virgin too so I understand where you're coming from. If I were you I'd take old underwear so that you're less inclined to take your clothes off.

It's only been 3 weeks since you've known him and you're not officially anything, if you take your clothes off after a couple of drinks it can only equal to disaster.
Original post by katyness
Can't seem to edit my post so I'll post twice:

In regards to losing your virginity, it's way too early. I'm a virgin too so I understand where you're coming from. If I were you I'd take old underwear so that you're less inclined to take your clothes off.

It's only been 3 weeks since you've known him and you're not officially anything, if you take your clothes off after a couple of drinks it can only equal to disaster.

I probably won't sleep with him. I don't want to rush things and I'm sure he would accept that. I'm going to wear my new underwear anyway though. It will make me feel more confident. I'm thinking I won't have sex with him but I'm not opposed to being intimate in other ways. Like I said, I don't want to sleep with him for him to lose interest - I'd need to feel confident that a serious relationship would follow.

I mean, I want to have sex with him, but I think I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons - like feeling too old to be a virgin, just to experience it, and wanting to get losing my virginity out of the way. I guess I figured that since I like him, and he seems to like me too, it wouldn't be a bad thing to lose my virginity to him. But I would like my first time to be special (i.e. not when I'm drunk). Thanks for your advice.
Reply 27
Original post by ihasaquestion
I probably won't sleep with him. I don't want to rush things and I'm sure he would accept that. I'm going to wear my new underwear anyway though. It will make me feel more confident. I'm thinking I won't have sex with him but I'm not opposed to being intimate in other ways. Like I said, I don't want to sleep with him for him to lose interest - I'd need to feel confident that a serious relationship would follow.

I mean, I want to have sex with him, but I think I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons - like feeling too old to be a virgin, just to experience it, and wanting to get losing my virginity out of the way. I guess I figured that since I like him, and he seems to like me too, it wouldn't be a bad thing to lose my virginity to him. But I would like my first time to be special (i.e. not when I'm drunk). Thanks for your advice.

I'd make sure you were in a relationship first. Being confident that a relationship would follow it just doesn't seem good enough for me.

I had my first relationship when I was 20 and I'm glad I didn't lose it to him because it would have been for those "I'm too old to be a virgin" and what-not excuses. Just take your time. There's nothing wrong in being "unusually" a virgin.

Good luck though :smile:
I'd make sure you were in a relationship first. Being confident that a relationship would follow it just doesn't seem good enough for me.

I had my first relationship when I was 20 and I'm glad I didn't lose it to him because it would have been for those "I'm too old to be a virgin" and what-not excuses. Just take your time. There's nothing wrong in being "unusually" a virgin.

Good luck though :smile:

Thank you. He's really nice and understanding - like I said, he's no stranger to sex - he's had a lot of it (and most of it hasn't been in committed relationships - he's a uni student, pretty normal I guess) - but he knew I was a virgin from the day we met (we met at a party and I'd had a bit to drink :colondollar:). He was genuinely surprised and on our first date basically made it clear that he really liked me and didn't want to ruin it by bringing me home on the first date. He's a nice guy and I'm sure he's probably thinking about what might happen on Saturday, but I know he wouldn't pressure me. I think if I did, I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons. I would like to have sex with him, but I think I'll wait at least a month and a half before I do. Hopefully, sleeping over at his will make us closer so that when we do have sex, we'll be more comfortable with each other.
Reply 29
Original post by ihasaquestion
Thank you. He's really nice and understanding - like I said, he's no stranger to sex - he's had a lot of it (and most of it hasn't been in committed relationships - he's a uni student, pretty normal I guess) - but he knew I was a virgin from the day we met (we met at a party and I'd had a bit to drink :colondollar:). He was genuinely surprised and on our first date basically made it clear that he really liked me and didn't want to ruin it by bringing me home on the first date. He's a nice guy and I'm sure he's probably thinking about what might happen on Saturday, but I know he wouldn't pressure me. I think if I did, I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons. I would like to have sex with him, but I think I'll wait at least a month and a half before I do. Hopefully, sleeping over at his will make us closer so that when we do have sex, we'll be more comfortable with each other.

I could have written all that about my current situation haha how weird!
Girl, own your body. Embrace it. There is no "perfect figure". Love yourself and have fun :wink:
I could have written all that about my current situation haha how weird!

I guess a lot of people go through the same things. Thanks for your advice. Now that I've thought about it a bit more, I think it would be too soon. I need to be absolutely sure I'm ready.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending