London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
What were your GCSEs?

GCSEs: AAABBBBCCC
AS: AABC
A Level: A*A*A

LSE to me: "your application was unsuccessful as a consequence of your GCSEs or equivalent performance"

My GCSEs were good enough to get me an interview at Cambridge. Who needs LSE ? Lol (secretly burning inside)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1821
Original post by DeanTJ1995

LSE to me: "your application was unsuccessful as a consequence of your GCSEs or equivalent performance"

My GCSEs were good enough to get me an interview at Cambridge. Who needs LSE ? Lol (secretly burning inside)

Oh dear, no hope for me then.

Are you a mature student by any chance?
I received a rejection for law even though I've already achieved A*A*A. Gutted. Lol I hate my GCSEs so much right now

I'm sorry to hear, how many weeks were you into your 5 week email?
Original post by hvrey
Oh dear, no hope for me then.

Are you a mature student by any chance?

No I'm not lol. I finished my a-levels this summer. What are your GCSEs ?

Which is the reason why I dislike LSE's admissions office so much over other uni's. Their admissions system/process is way backwards. Your A level grades are amazing and would probably even get you an offer from Cambridge (I really hope so now that you do) while LSE won't even look at them because they already rejected you on the basis of your GCSE's. The improvements you have made are amazing which is something Cambridge definitely look at. Good luck for your Cambridge (and the other) applications.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I'm sorry to hear, how many weeks were you into your 5 week email?

Received the 5 week email on the 17th of Oct, rejected on the 16th of Nov.

Bastards
Original post by TerribleTej
Which is the reason why I dislike LSE's admissions office so much over other uni's. Their admissions system/process is way backwards. Your A level grades are amazing and would probably even get you an offer from Cambridge (I really hope so now that you do) while LSE won't even look at them because they already rejected you on the basis of your GCSE's. The improvements you have made are amazing which is something Cambridge definitely look at. Good luck for your Cambridge (and the other) applications.

Thank you very much. I appreciate this :smile:
I received a rejection for law even though I've already achieved A*A*A. Gutted. Lol I hate my GCSEs so much right now

Sorry to hear that - that's pretty frustrating. All of these decisions are just killing me inside.

Best of luck with everything,

QuestionsQ
Original post by QuestionsQ
Sorry to hear that - that's pretty frustrating. All of these decisions are just killing me inside.

Best of luck with everything,

QuestionsQ

Cheers, good luck to you also.
did you get it too?

Nope, that's the whole point! :tongue: Did you get an email?
Original post by President M.E.
Nope, that's the whole point! :tongue: Did you get an email?

Yes but the questionnaire's only for the Economics department
Yes but the questionnaire's only for the Economics department

Ah, ok!

I'm so glad I can now relax and realise I will get a rejection any day now, so thanks :')
*Secretly now crying inside*

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL and Warwick are the same. Fair play they want to differentiate applicants but I don't agree with their way of doing it. How can you judge someone's potential at University based on totally unrelated exams you took when you were 15 or 16 years old?
Received the LSE questionnaire. Hope it means I've progressed in the application process!
Original post by NedStark
Received the LSE questionnaire. Hope it means I've progressed in the application process!

Same! :smile:
UCL and Warwick are the same. Fair play they want to differentiate applicants but I don't agree with their way of doing it. How can you judge someone's potential at University based on totally unrelated exams you took when you were 15 or 16 years old?

UCL aren't that bad compared to LSE and Warwick is somewhere between LSE and UCL, but my point is exactly what you said, plus surely they have to look at your latest results first and not your past results which show no or little correlation to how well you will do at uni.
Reply 1837
Original post by The-Illusionist
What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mathematics and economics =)..what are you applying for??? =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me and Boy Wonder got them too, maybe they just looked at our applications today so hopefully we will get a reply by the end of this week.
Me and Boy Wonder got them too, maybe they just looked at our applications today so hopefully we will get a reply by the end of this week.

Mike got it too. I think it's been sent to all LSE Econ applicants. I mean I'm only 3 weeks into my 5 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending