The Student Room Group

Swedish Left Party Seeks To Ban Men From Peeing While Standing Up

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The Epicurean

The traditional Anglo-Saxon style toilets are designed in a way that allows men to stand and pee and thus I think we should utilize this unique feature of our toilets and be proud of it :pierre: I think the real issue here is a matter of etiquette, namely lifting the toilet seat.

I saw one of those toilets in Germany! I went in the cubicle and to my horror a steaming heap of **** sat staring up at me, I was taken aback, I couldn't quite believe it. Just a huge turd waiting patiently as if waiting to be served up. So I fled.
Reply 61
Earth to Scandinavian feminists...
I repeat Earth to Scandinavian feminists...
GO HOME - YOU'RE DRUNK
I repeat GO HOME - YOU'RE DRUNK
Original post by Jjj90
I saw one of those toilets in Germany! I went in the cubicle and to my horror a steaming heap of **** sat staring up at me, I was taken aback, I couldn't quite believe it. Just a huge turd waiting patiently as if waiting to be served up. So I fled.

Haha :lol: It is German efficiency! The Germans perform two jobs in one, namely relieving themselves and checking their health through examining their excrement. Whereas traditional French toilets are designed in such a way as to remove excrement immediately from sight :pierre: The British settled for a safe Anglo-Saxon middle ground between the French and Germanic toilet designs with a toilet basin full of water so it is neither in full view nor out of sight.
While I agree that the policy is daft, this is a policy specifically about council toilets. To call it a ban is just a bit of an exaggeration.
This 'issue' was also raised in Taiwan a while back: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=39289956&highlight=Toilet

Seems it is not isolated to the Swedish Left...:rolleyes:
Original post by Snagprophet
This sounds really emasculating and I propose anyone who tries to enforce this in toilets, those toilets get their seats and floor completely covered in piss.

Tbh public toilets are horrible, but in public places like clubs there's no way to ensure they stay clean because of the drunks. In Bournemouth there is a bar/club called Sound Circus and it has the most disgusting toilets I have ever been into. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Completely soaked floor, only a bar of soap to wash with, never any toilet paper in cubicles (I'd never take a dump in a club, never want to touch a toilet) and broken locks on the doors. The walls and doors are painted black which I can only imagine how much grime that is hiding.
I raise you the women's public toilet at Oxford bus station. It was one small room that opened on the street, and people had been using it as a bin. It was full with lager cans, empty cigarette packets and stuff. I chose to simply wait until I got home, nearly two hours later.

They did clean it up at some point though. I should mention that.
Reply 66
Absolutely pathetic. How is this going to be enforced? :laugh: Don't they have better things to be worrying about?
Original post by Jjj90

But it's a superior way to defecate!

Second thing I'm taking away from this thread: We often hear how the UK has become a police state but count our blessings, we don't have a nanny state trying to dictate to us how we go to the bathroom.
Reply 68
It's more hygienic so fair enough, especially if the toilets are going to be unisex. It's just going to be impossible to enforce.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending