The Student Room Group

I am 16 and never had a Girlfriend

I am 16 years old and never had a girlfriend.
I am 5ft8 and i weigh 75kg, black hair, brown eyes
Literally and I actually mean literally all my friends have had a girlfriend or has a girlfriend and I am the only one that has never had one, or kissed one. I mean comparing me to the boys in my school, in my opinion I am way more mature than them which I know its not about that and its about how you look, I don't know if I am ugly and if that is the case. I can't even get to speak to girls as I am not really that close to them. Many of my friends aren't even virgin, which I don't really care because even if I had a girlfriend I wouldn't be that interested in having sex that much at this age because I think it is early for that. I am a quiet boy, I am friendly and kind and I don't know what the problem is, do I have to go out and speak more or something?
Because I mean I nearly don't even have friends because they are starting to hang out with their girlfriends more than me which I find normal.

Any advice? or just be patient as many people say...
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe there was a decent argument in the OP. I personally think it was a reasonable opener. Most boys around him have a girlfriend, he doesn't, and he wants to know why.

The simple answer being that it doesn't simply happen for most people. It takes effort and if you don't particularly want a girlfriend right now, and would rather wait until you like a certain girl than seek out a girlfriend just for the tag, you needn't and won't put in the effort you almost certainly need to attract girls enough for one to become your girlfriend.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Ohh fgs!! You're 16, not flippin' 60!! I didn't have my first boyfriend til I was 17!! I've had a grand total of 3 and I'm now 22 and engaged. Having a girlfriend is not the be all and end all of the world.
Original post by Serjio
I am a quiet boy, I am friendly and kind and I don't know what the problem is, do I have to go out and speak more or something?

You pretty much just answered your own question.
Original post by Big-Daddy
Then why did you reply? Maybe there was a decent argument in the OP. I personally think it was a reasonable opener. Most boys around him have a girlfriend, he doesn't, and he wants to know why.

The simple answer being that it doesn't simply happen for most people. It takes effort and if you don't particularly want a girlfriend right now, and would rather wait until you like a certain girl than seek out a girlfriend just for the tag, you needn't and won't put in the effort you almost certainly need to attract girls enough for one to become your girlfriend.

He's ****ing 16!!!!
Reply 5
You've got plenty of time to get one buddy. Don't stress yourself out :fluffy:
There is more to life than having a time consuming, high maintenance girlfriend, enjoy the freedom while you can!
Reply 7
Original post by musketeer
Ohh fgs!! You're 16, not flippin' 60!! I didn't have my first boyfriend til I was 17!! I've had a grand total of 3 and I'm now 22 and engaged. Having a girlfriend is not the be all and end all of the world.

I know i am only 16, but the way EVERYONE in my school is going out, i feel left out or I feel like there is something wrong with me...
Reply 8
Original post by Lord Harold
There is more to life than having a time consuming, high maintenance girlfriend, enjoy the freedom while you can!

This I have to agree with. Women can be extremely high maintenance, it's really not worth stressing about at 16!

And yes, I can say this as I am a woman :biggrin:
Reply 9
I wouldn't worry about it at your age, and remember very few teenage relationships at that age will last and turn into anything serious.
chill mate.
Reply 11
Original post by Serjio
I know i am only 16, but the way EVERYONE in my school is going out, i feel left out or I feel like there is something wrong with me...

So what if everyone is going out? If you move schools to do sixth form, you won't be talking to them 3 months into starting at the new school.

If you don't go to uni, you won't be talking to any of these people by the end of the summer you leave school. It's really not the end of the world, so buck up and stop acting like it is.

Use this time to focus on you, you're growing into a man and need to focus on what you want. You're coming up to a big time in your life (A-levels, thinking about unis or apprenticeships) so don't worry about whether you do or don't have a girlfriend.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Serjio
I am 16 years old and never had a girlfriend.
I am 5ft8 and i weigh 75kg, black hair, brown eyes
Literally and I actually mean literally all my friends have had a girlfriend or has a girlfriend and I am the only one that has never had one, or kissed one. I mean comparing me to the boys in my school, in my opinion I am way more mature than them which I know its not about that and its about how you look, I don't know if I am ugly and if that is the case. I can't even get to speak to girls as I am not really that close to them. Many of my friends aren't even virgin, which I don't really care because even if I had a girlfriend I wouldn't be that interested in having sex that much at this age because I think it is early for that. I am a quiet boy, I am friendly and kind and I don't know what the problem is, do I have to go out and speak more or something?
Because I mean I nearly don't even have friends because they are starting to hang out with their girlfriends more than me which I find normal.

Any advice? or just be patient as many people say...

im 18 and never had a bf... i dont really want one so im not in that situation... i cant be bothered with one atm relationships are alot of work. its whether you want it just to fit in or whether u want one because u think it would benefit u majorly atm?
I am 18 in 2 months, never had a girlfriend either.
17, never had a gf. I'm not even bad looking. But then again, as my username shows, anxiety holds me back.
Boo hoo hoo kid.

You've still got plenty of years to have your heart broken, ripped out and trampled over. Enjoy your childhood while it lasts.
Honestly, so many people your age and older have never had a girlfriend either, relax, enjoy yourself. A girl will come along when you least expect it.
Reply 17
Go clubbing and get laid mate, works the same way just more quick and only lasts one night. :rolleyes:
I am 18 and not had a ggirl chin up mate the nice guys get to be friend zoned the girls always go for the idiots and use us to cry on shoulder we must adapt our tactics but for now there is plenty of time until uni bide it my friend
Original post by xDave-
If you haven't had one by 16, then usually you'll be in the foreveralone club forever. Regardless of what everyone here is saying, most normal people have done all that by now. BAD LUCK.

A wild troll appears.

Latest

Trending

Trending