The Student Room Group

Is there any way you can go from being cute to hot?

Most people would probably describe me as cute, I guess I'm a sort girl next door kinda thing. Is there any way I can change that to become hot rather than just cute?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Most people would probably describe me as cute, I guess I'm a sort girl next door kinda thing. Is there any way I can change that to become hot rather than just cute?

For me - Girls that are cute are often very hot.
Wear tighter clothing, tie up your hair etc
Tbh, I'd prefer to call people "cute" than "hot" because "hot" seems really superficial. Actually scratch that, i say "pretty" because to me it doesn't make sense to be "cute" or "hot" on the inside, but you can be pretty on the inside!

Besides, take a compliment. I've had every thing from "ugly" to "handsome/hot" :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tom_green_day
Wear tighter clothing, tie up your hair etc

I'm curious about the hair :tongue:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
I'm curious about the hair :tongue:

Well I think it's cute when girls have their hair down. Also when celebrities are trying to be 'hot' (and let's face it, when are they trying not to be?) they tie their hair up! Just my opinion!
Reply 6
Isn't cute and hot the same thing? :confused:
Original post by Jamie45

Would you describe a toddler as hot?

There is your difference.
OP, I think it depends from person to person. There's probably a fair bit of overlap as well, and a lot of guys find girls who are classically "cute" more attractive than those who are classically "hot".
Reply 9
Original post by Daniellejo.
Would you describe a toddler as hot?

There is your difference.

Good point, didn't think of that :tongue: I meant in terms of adults.
Original post by Jamie45
Good point, didn't think of that :tongue: I meant in terms of adults.

It's the same principle! Cute is someone you find adorable that you want to squeeze, and hot is someone you want to bang.
Reply 11
Put on a blanket and sit by a radiator. You'll be hot in no time.

The thing is, people all have different features and things they consider 'hot' when it comes to attractiveness. It's hard to pin down, really. I'd go with more mature looking clothing and seeing what works for you.
Reply 12
There's only one difference - willingness.
Reply 13
very easy for girls. Wear make up and more tight fitting clothes. Perhaps even show some belly.

It's much more difficult for cute guys.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It's the same principle! Cute is someone you find adorable that you want to squeeze, and hot is someone you want to bang.

I think sometimes it can convey a sort of "innocent" connotation, as in it's not sexually loaded in any way. Other times, being called cute is just a compliment, a synonym for pretty. And sometimes it's used for someone you really like - I tend to want to both bang them and squeeze them to death. I call my boyfriend cute all the time, half because I actually do see a lot of the things he does as cute, half because I know it makes him roll his eyes and sigh :giggle:

Btw OP, you can easily go from cute to hot depending on clothing. Bit of an extreme example, but I don't think that if you were wearing something from Ann Summers any guy would call you cute. You can also do it with make-up - heavy make-up is not really a "cute" thing.
You're more likely to be what a guy's "dream girl" is as someone who is a "girl next door", cute girl. Doesn't mean you can't be hot, but in many ways being cute is actually better. I'd rather go out with a "cute" girl than a "hot" girl
Reply 16
Why cannot you be both (ie: me)?
Original post by Jamie45

*Aren't
To people who don't know the difference between cute and hot:

Let's take two similar looking women who you'll all know:

Katy Perry = Hot
Zooey Deschanel = Cute
First thing that came to my mind was confidence... From experience, if I act coy and sweet then guys have said "aww you're cute" but if you're out to get with a guy you have to act a bit more confident (even if it's just a front!! that's what I do), use your eyes, flirt a little, play hard to get and then you'll get more of the reaction you'd expect toward someone 'hot'. Don't change who you are though, I will say that . :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending