The Student Room Group

Kissed my guy friend, but he doesn't want anything more

Hi, I'm basically just looking for opinions from both girls and guys on this matter. I really really like my guy friend and always have done, since we got to know each other well, which was five years ago. He's always known that I liked him, but I couldn't admit this to myself until about a year ago - I would get so embarrassed and self conscious to think that he knew I liked him but was doing nothing about it. In the past five years, we've almost kissed a few times but for whatever reason it never actually happened. I've also gone out with his best friend, who split up with me earlier this year. People have always said that there is definitely something between us and that we would make a good couple - but nothing has ever happened, until a couple of months ago we were at a party together and he got ridiculously drunk and we ended up kissing on the way home. He wouldn't talk to me about it the next day and was acting as though it didn't happen. I ended up texting him to ask if we could talk about it as not knowing how he felt was driving me mad. He replied that it was just an in the moment thing for him and that he still sees me as a friend rather than anything else. He wouldn't actually meet in person to talk about it, because he thought it would be too awkward. Since then I've tried to forget about it and move on, bearing in mind what he said about just being friends, but it's so difficult, given the length of time I have liked him, thinking that nothing would ever happen then that finally did. I'm not sure where to go from here.
ok i have been in a similar situation.
one of my best friends is a guy and we get on really well etc, i used to like him an awful lot, due to the way that he would treat me so i got up the guts to tell him how i felt and said that i felt he should know and if he doesnt have any feelings for me i would rather him tell me than just carry on in that way...
he like ur friend said that he wanted to just be friends and so i had to just accept that fact becasue i didnt want to loose him as a friend and now i am completly over him.
it is annoying when that happens but if he doesnt feel the same there isnt much you can do and i wouldnt keep pursuing it after maybe u have had a chat about it.
you wouldnt want to loose his friendship so if he wants to just be friends accept it and try to move on.#
its what i did so i hope this will help u :smile: xx
Reply 2
He used you for your warm wet lips :wink:

yeah i do this to girls all the tym, just another girly under my belt
Reply 3
Original post by Abigail Tompsett
ok i have been in a similar situation.
one of my best friends is a guy and we get on really well etc, i used to like him an awful lot, due to the way that he would treat me so i got up the guts to tell him how i felt and said that i felt he should know and if he doesnt have any feelings for me i would rather him tell me than just carry on in that way...
he like ur friend said that he wanted to just be friends and so i had to just accept that fact becasue i didnt want to loose him as a friend and now i am completly over him.
it is annoying when that happens but if he doesnt feel the same there isnt much you can do and i wouldnt keep pursuing it after maybe u have had a chat about it.
you wouldnt want to loose his friendship so if he wants to just be friends accept it and try to move on.#
its what i did so i hope this will help u :smile: xx

Thanks for replying :smile: I think I am just going to have to accept it because as you say I wouldn't want to lose his friendship; I would rather have him as a friend than nothing. There are times when I think I should cut all contact because I think it's the only way I could move on but it's not possible anyway because we work together. It upsets me to think that he used me like Biblio says because he's been such a good friend in the past. He's the only guy friend I have though as I find it really difficult to talk to and get close to guys so I'm worried about how I can realistically move on when I don't know how to talk to/make more guy friends. I'm aware that I need to, I just don't know how.
Yes well it is difficult and for me I know how i felt and yea i got upset but once i got over it is was fine...
what the difference is with me is that i prefer a guys company to girls and so consequently i have more guy friends anyway but 2 main good guy friends... which is ok tbh but having guy friends is a pain tbh because guys are well guys and some of their ways are annoying...
ignore what bilio says ok not all guys are like that ok and if u have known him all that time u know he wouldnt do something like that... it was probably because like u said it u were both drunk and stuff like that happens.
i wouldnt as u say stop contact because who knows what is in the future (my dont hold to that)
lastly meeting guy i wouldnt know i just talk to everyone and so subsequently i make friends with lots of people... at the end of the day u can you only be urself and if boys like you then fine is they dont its them that have the problem... i would just be happy and talk to others at work etc and see what life leads...
i stated getting close to another guy after my incident and that first guy got jel :wink: :tongue: so who knows what is really going on in a guys head :P xxx
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm basically just looking for opinions from both girls and guys on this matter. I really really like my guy friend and always have done, since we got to know each other well, which was five years ago. He's always known that I liked him, but I couldn't admit this to myself until about a year ago - I would get so embarrassed and self conscious to think that he knew I liked him but was doing nothing about it. In the past five years, we've almost kissed a few times but for whatever reason it never actually happened. I've also gone out with his best friend, who split up with me earlier this year. People have always said that there is definitely something between us and that we would make a good couple - but nothing has ever happened, until a couple of months ago we were at a party together and he got ridiculously drunk and we ended up kissing on the way home. He wouldn't talk to me about it the next day and was acting as though it didn't happen. I ended up texting him to ask if we could talk about it as not knowing how he felt was driving me mad. He replied that it was just an in the moment thing for him and that he still sees me as a friend rather than anything else. He wouldn't actually meet in person to talk about it, because he thought it would be too awkward. Since then I've tried to forget about it and move on, bearing in mind what he said about just being friends, but it's so difficult, given the length of time I have liked him, thinking that nothing would ever happen then that finally did. I'm not sure where to go from here.

How do you know that he knows you like him?

Because it sounds like he kinda likes you but is too chicken to admit it because he thinks you don't like him.

If he really doesn't like you though: surely having the friendship will always hurt because you like him. I know this sounds harsh but if it were me I would break contact and keep away from him otherwise I would find it a lot more difficult to get over him.
Reply 6
FriendzOWNED :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending