The Student Room Group

Why do people dislike really confident people?

So on another website a really goodlooking guy uploaded his picture with the caption "I'm hot and I know it" anyway within minutes he received abuse including from girls telling him "what a kn*b" and "cocky c*nt".. "sadly enough, anyone that describes themselves as 'sexy and I know it isn't my type unfortunately. My loss I guess.".."You're cute but your profile makes you sound really horrible you know"

I thought the same but it makes me wonder if he was an below average or even average looking guy would he have received the same abuse?I somehow doubt it.He defended himself by saying he is very confident but at the same time not arrogant.

Why shouldn't someone feel good about themselves?
Original post by gasolinaaaa
So on another website a really goodlooking guy uploaded his picture with the caption "I'm hot and I know it" anyway within minutes he received abuse including from girls telling him "what a kn*b" and "cocky c*nt".. "sadly enough, anyone that describes themselves as 'sexy and I know it isn't my type unfortunately. My loss I guess.".."You're cute but your profile makes you sound really horrible you know"

I thought the same but it makes me wonder if he was an below average or even average looking guy would he have received the same abuse?I somehow doubt it.He defended himself by saying he is very confident but at the same time not arrogant.

Yeah, that was in fact me, I guess people were just jel of my hot bod. :frown:
It is arrogance. He can think he's attractive all he likes, doesn't change anybody elses life.
Jealousy of course , not much more to it . When you can take your pick of any girl you want , I doubt the opinions of a few haters are going to matter .
Reply 4
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Jealousy of course , not much more to it . When you can take your pick of any girl you want , I doubt the opinions of a few haters are going to matter .

But those comments were from girls.Is it their own insecurities?
Reply 5
I don't dislike someone confident, i dislike someone over-confident.

Everyone should be confident in their own selves but should never be over confident.
Because we steal the show in one fell swoop. Oh yeah :awesome:
(edited 10 years ago)
It's arrogance, not confidence. There's a difference. Also, on another note, it's always funny how when those really attractive (on the outside) girls post pics of themselves on fb, get hundreds of likes, one guy says something "bad" and then she says something far, far worse than he said, and then gets ten guys to abuse that guy, all in the hope of getting with that girl....
There's a huge difference between confidence and overconfidence and overconfidence is annoying as hell.
But those comments were from girls.Is it their own insecurities?

They're not jealous that they don't have his looks , they're jealous that he can be so confident and self absorbed , with little regard for what anyone else thinks . It's something most people secretly yearn for .
I didn't know they did

when someone brags it is annoying, it is a childish trait which should be prohibited in adulthood, I treat everyone the same regardless of their justification for bragging, and if they brag about their looks WOOW that is so shallow and annoying dammit, if they are attractive I instantly consider them ugly, and if they are ugly to begin with, well they just get even more hideous in my eyes.
Because we live in a world where almost everyone feels **** about themselves. As soon as we see someone acting confident, we think ":eek: that bitch!" and hate them for feeling a feeling we refuse to feel because apparently being confident suddenly means you're not modest or humble. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and because we're spiteful humans who feel **** about ourselves, we confuse the two with each other.
Reply 13
Dislike a confident person? That's probably down to jealousy!

Dislike an over-confident brat? That's standard because the idiot is too arrogant, cocky, and most likely over-estimating themselves, making rather empty and somewhat irritating noise!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
Because we live in a world where almost everyone feels **** about themselves. As soon as we see someone acting confident, we think ":eek: that bitch!" and hate them for feeling a feeling we refuse to feel because apparently being confident suddenly means you're not modest or humble. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and because we're spiteful humans who feel **** about ourselves, we confuse the two with each other.

Haha this post made me laugh :lol:
Reply 15
I'm sexy and I know it. Come at me jellies!
Reply 16
Original post by Secretnerd123
Haha this post made me laugh :lol:

me too :biggrin:
Reply 17
Jealousy. I don't even care if someone is arrogant, I'm not going to be angry (unless they were rude to me), because...it's not my problem. People get so offended easily.

Quick Reply

Latest