The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
QFA

Could you, or anyone present, please offer some M1 help? I am stuck on part b of what seems to be a fairly straightforward question:

012.jpg

Part a here:

011.jpg

I've tried applying f=ma on each of the car and trailer individually, and the whole system, but I can't seem to get the answer in the book (3ms^-2). Please help, this should be easy! I have been using the tension, T, as 1650N (as the stated maximum given in the Q).
Sweet.
The below has arrived
2013-11-20 20-27-18.411.jpg
Original post by Endless Blue
Could you, or anyone present, please offer some M1 help? I am stuck on part b of what seems to be a fairly straightforward question:

012.jpg

Part a here:

011.jpg

I've tried applying f=ma on each of the car and trailer individually, and the whole system, but I can't seem to get the answer in the book (3ms^-2). Please help, this should be easy! I have been using the tension, T, as 1650N (as the stated maximum given in the Q).

I could help :wink:
Original post by keromedic
I could help :wink:

Please do. :tongue:
Please do. :tongue:

what's the tractive force u worked out?
Reply 7325

012.jpg

Part a here:

011.jpg

if you do trailer independantly then won't it be 1800/600?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

012.jpg

Part a here:

011.jpg

Consider the trailer only. When it's decelerating, the tension will act in the other direction. :smile:
Reply 7327
Consider the trailer only. When it's decelerating, the tension will act in the other direction. :smile:

wouldn't the 1650 add to the 150?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was trying to help :angry:. How was college?
Yeah, I agree with you (as much as I hate to say it :colonhash: :tongue:), I can't really understand why it's just a week. :tongue:

What was it on? :teeth:

:lol: I mean if everyone forgets after the week is over, the poor sods only stay safe for a week :mmm:

Chemistry to Nanochemistry in Medicine! Like drugs, the chemistry behind it, it was amazing.

Like because we understand Fischers (spelt wrong) lock and key mechanism, we know we can try to disrupt that in order to stop an enzyme working, like CuSO4 in Catalase.

So we use the principal to stop things like MRSA uses "complex chemical" to construct it's cell wall, and we use "an antibiotic" to create hydrogen bonds with it so it destroys the cell wall and can't reproduce but then it became resistant some strains (very rare, but they did so by using an ester linkage in the cell wall instead of using the NH so hydrogen bonds can't form and the two oxygens repel each other due to their electrons) so they swapped a CO for a CH2 so the mismatch wouldn't occur and that's stopped the new strain

Then he talked about heparin, how to remove it, how to detect it etc went into self assembling molecules using water and hydrophobic tails and that

I definitely want to do a degree in this now :colonhash:

It was good because it was chemistry and detailed and technical but I still understood it!
Anyone doing physics. (OCR A my exam board)

Okay so my specification states that

Electric current is a net flow of charged particles.

This is obviously correct, but my teacher believes this wouldn't get the marks in an exam.

He says we should say:

Electric current is the rate of flow of charge.

Both of these seem fine to me. The second definition seems better as it is more precise. However it isn't what is stated on the spec.

Basically, if it said 'define electric current' or 'explain what is meant by electric current', what would your answer be? Small issues like this really get on my nerves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7331
who here will still play sport once they go to uni?
And how does everyone revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
if you do trailer independantly then won't it be 1800/600?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Qari
wouldn't the 1650 add to the 150?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Original post by Qari
who here will still play sport once they go to uni?
And how does everyone revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me possibly.
The normal way
Just seen Gravity, absolutely amazing film :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7335
Me possibly.
The normal way

what is the normal way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
what is the normal way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trampolining and listening to recorded podcasts through Dre beats headphones :biggrin:
Reply 7337
Original post by Qari
same feel like I am getting strangled

My sympathy goes to you
What school do u go to?
Reply 7338
Trampolining and listening to recorded podcasts through Dre beats headphones :biggrin:

Never sure whether you're serious or you are joking :smile:

Original post by Prinz655
My sympathy goes to you
What school do u go to?

One of the many Oasis Academies you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Never sure whether you're serious or you are joking :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm joking :tongue:

Latest