The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hello I'm a year 10 student in harlow, essex and I'm having trouble finding a good work experience... Any suggestions?
Original post by Ehrenxd
Hello I'm a year 10 student in harlow, essex and I'm having trouble finding a good work experience... Any suggestions?

Do you mean you haven't a place to go to because you could not find any? Or you've found some but got rejected or not heard back from them?
Original post by Ehrenxd

What sort of work experience are you thinking of doing?
In the mean time- if you want to do some volunteering, try volunteering with beavers/cubs/scouts.
Reply 3
Original post by AMYC1999
Do you mean you haven't a place to go to because you could not find any? Or you've found some but got rejected or not heard back from them?

I havent found any :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
What sort of work experience are you thinking of doing?
In the mean time- if you want to do some volunteering, try volunteering with beavers/cubs/scouts.

Im looking for something musical
Original post by Ehrenxd
I havent found any :frown:

Have you got any family/friend contacts? Have you been to different placements? Have you searched for any?
Original post by Ehrenxd

You could still volunteer somewhere like scouts in the meantime.
Musical wise- you could look in the yellow pages for somewhere musical wise.
Original post by Ehrenxd

I see, musical, that's very hard to find and be allowed to do your work experience there. I know so many people who have tried atm. I'm in Year 10 too :smile: They got rejected by the people or have not heard back from them, also there aren't many places that'd accept really, if you have any contacts in the industry then that'd be your best bet. But have you checked studios or like a performing arts placement? ..they'll have something to do with music there.
Reply 8
Original post by Ehrenxd

Some of the big orchestras offer work experience. If you wanted something more long term, then you could volunteer in a Saturday morning music school (assuming you don't go to one yourself). Also, shops like Stringers and Guivier offer work experience (it's not just normal shop work there, you actually do interesting things). I know those are in London, but maybe you could stay with friends or family in London for a week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending