The Student Room Group

Does PS4 have HDMI in slot?

Just wondering as i'd like to plug sky into it and watch it on ps4? is it only on xbox one?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, it does have a HDMI port. Also, curious as to how you're going to plug your sky box into it?
Reply 2
Original post by Bill_Gates
Just wondering as i'd like to plug sky into it and watch it on ps4? is it only on xbox one?

Thanks

I believe you're asking if it has a HDMI in slot which it doesn't have, only the xbox One has this feature.
Reply 3
Original post by FinalMH
I believe you're asking if it has a HDMI in slot which it doesn't have, only the xbox One has this feature.

oh thanks, think its xbox one for me!
Nah, TV isn't the market for Sony. They tend to depend more on apps like Netflix for that.
Original post by mrdoovde1
Yes, it does have a HDMI port. Also, curious as to how you're going to plug your sky box into it?

He was asking if it had a HDMI input, which is what he would be plugging the sky box into if it had one :fyi:
Reply 6
So someone is ACTUALLY buy an Xbox One to watch TV on their TV?

Wow.
Reply 7
I'm really having trouble trying to figure out if this thread is serious or not.
Lol, drm makes you pay tv licence XD

I kid, but still possible and funny XD
Reply 9
Original post by CJKay
I'm really having trouble trying to figure out if this thread is serious or not.

Why? It's a perfectly valid question.
Reply 10
Original post by ozzyoscy

Wow.

Haha !

OP no it's a games console.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by ozzyoscy

Wow.

Original post by CJKay

Original post by TheGrinningSkull
Lol, drm makes you pay tv licence XD

I kid, but still possible and funny XD

Original post by alow
Why? It's a perfectly valid question.

Cut me some slack. The big tv in the living room i have to share with my parents. So when im playing a game simply saying "snap tv" and they can watch tv whilst i game. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I cant believe ps4 (i've ordered) still has a very similar boring interface.
Reply 12
Loving the butthurt responses from what I assume are ps4 fanboys. So a dude wants to use his xbone for something other than gaming which the ps3 doesn't have, how horrible.
Reply 13
Cut me some slack. The big tv in the living room i have to share with my parents. So when im playing a game simply saying "snap tv" and they can watch tv whilst i game. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I cant believe ps4 (i've ordered) still has a very similar boring interface.

Wait... you think this feature allows you to watch TV and game at the same time? You do know that the TV feed will just be a little corner with no sound? I doubt your parents would call that "watching TV" in any meaningful way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by zxh800
Wait... you think this feature allows you to watch TV and game at the same time? You do know that the TV feed will just be a little corner with no sound? I doubt your parents would call that "watching TV" in any meaningful way.

i thought you can switch to what you want to hear? thats why you can get xbox music on the snap bar.
Nope only Xbox one
Reply 16
Original post by arkhamz
Loving the butthurt responses from what I assume are ps4 fanboys. So a dude wants to use his xbone for something other than gaming which the ps3 doesn't have, how horrible.

Yes, everyone with an opposing view to yours is a 'fanboy'. Probably 'haters' and 'trolls' to.

What's sadder is that YOU think the more logical conclusion is that anyone with a bad or good word for one console must therefore feel an undying connection the megacorporations behind it, and that someone must only buy one. Us sane people, we get both consoles, if we actually want or need to. (Then again, you did use the term 'butthurt')
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
i thought you can switch to what you want to hear? thats why you can get xbox music on the snap bar.

Well ok, let's say you can. Even then, it's a relatively small part of the screen even if you're on a 50 inch TV. On top of this, you'll have a distracting game taking up the other 4/5ths of screen. Hardly an ideal viewing experience. And obviously, on your end you get no sound in your game. Anyway, with compromise you can make it work. But, hell if I was the one watching TV, I wouldn't bother watching on a little 9inch by 9inch square or w/e size it is (assuming a 50 inch TV). But, each to their own. If you feel that's a wonderful advantage over the PS4, more power to you.
Reply 18
Original post by zxh800
Well ok, let's say you can. Even then, it's a relatively small part of the screen even if you're on a 50 inch TV. On top of this, you'll have a distracting game taking up the other 4/5ths of screen. Hardly an ideal viewing experience. And obviously, on your end you get no sound in your game. Anyway, with compromise you can make it work. But, hell if I was the one watching TV, I wouldn't bother watching on a little 9inch by 9inch square or w/e size it is (assuming a 50 inch TV). But, each to their own. If you feel that's a wonderful advantage over the PS4, more power to you.

I regularly normally split screen my tv channels. I know the tv screen is small. But for example on the weekends (i have limited free time) being able to game and watch a football match is AWESOME. Since i cant be bothered to watch a whole football match. Its perfect!

Alongside voice recognition and automatically switching on when you walk into the room is CRAZY! Does ps4 turn on from the remote?

(So far i have ps4 on pre order for release day)
Reply 19
I regularly normally split screen my tv channels. I know the tv screen is small. But for example on the weekends (i have limited free time) being able to game and watch a football match is AWESOME. Since i cant be bothered to watch a whole football match. Its perfect!

Alongside voice recognition and automatically switching on when you walk into the room is CRAZY! Does ps4 turn on from the remote?

(So far i have ps4 on pre order for release day)

Do you have a vita? As you will be able to play all your ps4 games on that freeing up the TV. I think in general the snap feature is for static things such as a TV guide or webpage it will work though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest