The Student Room Group

Four Britons 'killed fighting in Syria war with Al Qaeda rebels'

Three of the men, thought to be radicalised Muslims from London, were killed as they attacked pro-Bashar al-Assad forces near Aleppo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510957/Four-Britons-killed-fighting-Syria-war-Al-Qaeda-rebels.html (daily mail offer an excellent insight)

Lets hope Mr Assad can withstand this radical threat! and offer the country some stability. Not sure why these muslims choose to live here when they feel so strongly about Islam?

Scroll to see replies

coz theyre mugs
Reply 2
4 less scum bags to worry about

Darwin at work:smile:

lets hope the call to jihad is as strong as some claim it to be (it'll help reduce the cost these scroungers place on a decent society)
Reply 3
I am sorry fellas, but your lack of understanding here is really appalling. These may well be radicalized Muslims and fighting for Al Qaeda backed rebel groups, but as a British person, I am actually quite proud of these people who would rather die for their ideals (regardless of their moral justification) than sit back and watch another dictator commit atrocious acts against his own people. By suggesting that Assad is a beacon of stability just shows your complete lack of understanding of this conflict. He is the man who started this whole situation, and while Al Qaeda may be involved now, HE is the reason they became involved. PopaPork, this phrase...
'lets hope the call to jihad is as strong as some claim it to be (it'll help reduce the cost these scroungers place on a decent society)' is just plain ignorant. You don't know these people. They are fighting a rancid dictator who is soley responsible for the conflict in Syria. Stop reading the Mail and perhaps do some independent study before making statements like this. It is offensive to decent society.
Reply 4
Original post by HokeyWolf
I am sorry fellas, but your lack of understanding here is really appalling. These may well be radicalized Muslims and fighting for Al Qaeda backed rebel groups, but as a British person, I am actually quite proud of these people who would rather die for their ideals (regardless of their moral justification) than sit back and watch another dictator commit atrocious acts against his own people. By suggesting that Assad is a beacon of stability just shows your complete lack of understanding of this conflict. He is the man who started this whole situation, and while Al Qaeda may be involved now, HE is the reason they became involved. PopaPork, this phrase...
'lets hope the call to jihad is as strong as some claim it to be (it'll help reduce the cost these scroungers place on a decent society)' is just plain ignorant. You don't know these people. They are fighting a rancid dictator who is soley responsible for the conflict in Syria. Stop reading the Mail and perhaps do some independent study before making statements like this. It is offensive to decent society.

Without Western backing and funding from the likes of Turkey, the UAE etc, the rebels would have been defeated ages ago...
What would happen if the rebels won? An instable government would form with other rebel groups fighting for power or influence, a continued threat from religious radicals, a purge against the Allewites and Shia, and so on, which will last for much longer than this war will. Assad winning the civil war is the lesser of two evils, IMO.
These aren't Britons, these are Syrians raised in the UK under Syrian values and given British passports, goodness knows why.
Reply 6
May God bless them, died as martyrs.
Reply 7
They are fighting a rancid dictator who is soley responsible for the conflict in Syria. Stop reading the Mail and perhaps do some independent study before making statements like this. It is offensive to decent society.

Complete rot

they are there to support and implement an islamic state governed by sharia all they are doing is taking advantage of the instability to implement this

look at the end of the day it's a coin with 2 ****ty sides. Now other than flattening the whole area and starting again we have to go with the lesser of the 2 evils.

Now can you guess which of the 2 evils I believe to be the lesser or should I start posting beheading videos to prove my point.

So while you may think supporting terrorist groups is a noble thing I certainly don't so yes the more that pop over there and pop out completely the better.
Reply 8
sit back and watch another dictator commit atrocious acts against his own people.

Why not go against Israel? They are doing more harm.
And who died and made them world police?

By suggesting that Assad is a beacon of stability just shows your complete lack of understanding of this conflict.

If you think the Rebels are going to make it better then pls throw away these deluded thoughts.
And the Rebels have done such a good job in Afghanistan and Iraq, Eh?
:rolleyes:

He is the man who started this whole situation,

Nope, its a part of US policy of 'Bow down or let us put someone who will'

and while Al Qaeda may be involved now, HE is the reason they became involved.

They have no right to get involved!

PopaPork, this phrase...
'lets hope the call to jihad is as strong as some claim it to be (it'll help reduce the cost these scroungers place on a decent society)' is just plain ignorant. You don't know these people. They are fighting a rancid dictator who is soley responsible for the conflict in Syria.

The damage could have been prevented if the Rebels didn't intervene.

Stop reading the Mail and perhaps do some independent study before making statements like this.

Pls tell me, how much do you know about the Bahrani Uprisings? :rolleyes:
Reply 9
wow that stirred the ****! Look, not trying to get into any massive beef about this, but just think people should not cast judgement on other people's decisions, especially when they are concerned with life and death.
The rebels (a wide range of different groups and alliances) are not a unified group, and im not for a moment suggesting that we should support groups such as Al Nusra. I am saying that had we had got involved when Assad first started shelling protesters back in 2011/12, and if he had done a Mubarak and gone (relatively) peacefully or just begun a period of change, then this conflict would not have become a sectarian abattoir. They got involved because Muslims were dying in VAST numbers. Im not suggesting they performed some kind of Humanitarian intervention, it was entirely selfish and standardly Jihadist, but I truly believe that had we done a Nato in Lybia and bombed the holy **** out of Bashir, then perhaps the true rebels, the protesters and their guardians who only wanted democracy, would have won the battle long before Al Qaeda and their Islamo facist buddies got involved.

Oh, Enoxial, I know quite alot about Bahrain, A family friend is infact the Kings personal pilot. And again, the suggestion that 'It would all be ok if the rebels didnt intervene', is just down right pathetic.
Original post by Ornlu
Without Western backing and funding from the likes of Turkey, the UAE etc, the rebels would have been defeated ages ago...
What would happen if the rebels won? An instable government would form with other rebel groups fighting for power or influence, a continued threat from religious radicals, a purge against the Allewites and Shia, and so on, which will last for much longer than this war will. Assad winning the civil war is the lesser of two evils, IMO.

Assad certainly does seem to be the lesser of two evils when the situation is put that way. You forget that Assad was given the chance to step down by the Syrian people. There were no foreigners on Syrian soil back then, only Syrians demanding a new government in the stead of the current despotic regime. Assad's unreasonable refusal to listen to the demands of his people resulted and is still resulting in tremendous loss of life. He chose to go to war. That shows him to be an irresponsible leader with ulterior motives.
In our zeal to be politically and morally correct, and in hoping for a better future for social minorities, let us not overlook matters as they currently stand. There is currently in place a purge against the mainstream Muslims of Syria by the Alawite government and its Shiite fellow soldier Iran. It is the mainstream Muslims who are being killed by the thousands today, not Alawites, Shiites or Christians.
(edited 10 years ago)

I have no issue with them fighting Assad, Assad is a turd, however many of them are fighting it based on a form of religious extremism with a mind of installing a regime and religious way of life that may in the long run be equally undemocratic. Fighting a turd like Assad doesn't mean the jihadi fighters are in the right. Or any better.
Original post by Enoxial

Why not go against Israel? They are doing more harm.
And who died and made them world police?

If you think the Rebels are going to make it better then pls throw away these deluded thoughts.
And the Rebels have done such a good job in Afghanistan and Iraq, Eh?
:rolleyes:

Nope, its a part of US policy of 'Bow down or let us put someone who will'

They have no right to get involved!

The damage could have been prevented if the Rebels didn't intervene.

Pls tell me, how much do you know about the Bahrani Uprisings? :rolleyes:

Jesus, you're such a bloodthirsty villain.
Al-Qaeda has all the right in the world to step in. They've made it very clear that they're fighting for the Muslims, and Islam has no borders.
You deal with double standards. You support the Shias of Bahrain and their uprising but when the Syrians stage an uprising against their government you bring in all sorts of hokum into the debate. 100,000+ people are supposed to have died in Syria. No where near that number of Shias has died in Bahrain.
I suppose you just want Assad to keep butchering his own people (innocent civilians, women and children included) without any sort of backlash/opposition. I fully support the rebels, I think what they're doing is incredibly courageous, just and neccesary. It is also quite clear that an increasing number of Middle Eastern countries want an Islamic state (egyptian people democratically elected Morsi, palestinian people democratically elected Hammas) and I don't think it is any different with Syria.

Original post by Al-Mudaari
May God bless them, died as martyrs.

PRSOM
Original post by Bill_Gates
Three of the men, thought to be radicalised Muslims from London, were killed as they attacked pro-Bashar al-Assad forces near Aleppo.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510957/Four-Britons-killed-fighting-Syria-war-Al-Qaeda-rebels.html (daily mail offer an excellent insight)
Lets hope Mr Assad can withstand this radical threat! and offer the country some stability. Not sure why these muslims choose to live here when they feel so strongly about Islam?

It's often hard with the Daily Mail to differentiate between fact, fiction and gaffe, but I seriously doubt that "The mother-of-four was born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, and was the son of a former soldier before converting to Islam."
Reply 15
Yes reinforcements!
Reply 16
Original post by HeavyTeddy
It is also quite clear that an increasing number of Middle Eastern countries want an Islamic state

apart from all the non Muslims that is

well those that are left:rolleyes:
Original post by PopaPork
apart from all the non Muslims that is

well those that are left:rolleyes:

You do understand how a democratic election works? The majority are Muslims and therefore they vote for the party they want in power. It is not a coincidence that the governments they're democratically voting in want to introduce an Islamic state.
Reply 18
I wonder why Popapork has such disdain for Muslims and the Islamic world?
Original post by Bill_Gates

Ummm…That is why they chose to go Syria.

Anyway….I prefer that they are over there…than over here.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest