About three weeks =(.. how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

My 5 weeks are up on Tuesday :/
I'm actually scared for tomoz- it's LSE Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Anyone applied for straight History? If so, when are you 5 weeks up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
You would need to have a very, very, very exceptional personal statement. I applied to maths with economics last year with 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE, AAAA at AS (with 99% across maths/further maths which I put on UCAS) and A*A*A*A* predictions. I got rejected.

Did LSE tell you why you got rejected? And where are you at now?
Reply 1883
Original post by TerribleTej
Did LSE tell you why you got rejected? And where are you at now?

Personal statement, I think. Although the email I got was very, very generic.

I'm on a gap year - reapplying :smile:
Reply 1884
Original post by gracelich
Anyone applied for straight History? If so, when are you 5 weeks up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea I applied. My 5 week will end, well, i got the 5-week email on nov. 1 , you do the counting. Because i dont even care anymore, got an offer from durham, so **** LSE. :biggrin: You might say that LSE is better, but only in terms of employability, if you want quality education, and good social life, I'd prefer durham/oxford.
Reply 1885
Original post by The-Illusionist
My 5 weeks are up on Tuesday :/
I'm actually scared for tomoz- it's LSE Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well hopefully they'll get back to you by then!!! What's lse friday??
Reply 1886
4 weeks exactly..........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arminb
yea I applied. My 5 week will end, well, i got the 5-week email on nov. 1 , you do the counting. Because i dont even care anymore, got an offer from durham, so **** LSE. :biggrin: You might say that LSE is better, but only in terms of employability, if you want quality education, and good social life, I'd prefer durham/oxford.

Good for you. I understand that you're happy about your Durham offer and a massive congratulations towards that achievement. But if you don't care about LSE anymore and your attitude towards LSE is "**** LSE," maybe you're better off withdrawing your application so that the admissions officers can direct their attention towards students who genuinely care about LSE and who genuinely wish to be accepted into LSE's course. I am sure the rest of LSE's history applicants as well as LSE's admissions officers would appreciate it if you not waste LSE's time with your application since you don't care anymore. I'm sure they wouldn't want to give an offer to an applicant whose attitude towards their university is "**** LSE" anyway.
Original post by orangejuice.
Good for you. I understand that you're happy about your Durham offer and a massive congratulations towards that achievement. But if you don't care about LSE anymore and your attitude towards LSE is "**** LSE," maybe you're better off withdrawing your application so that the admissions officers can direct their attention towards students who genuinely care about LSE and who genuinely wish to be accepted into LSE's course. I am sure the rest of LSE's history applicants as well as LSE's admissions officers would appreciate it if you not waste LSE's time with your application since you don't care anymore. I'm sure they wouldn't want to give an offer to an applicant whose attitude towards their university is "**** LSE" anyway.

I second that! An offer from LSE would mean the world to me. I've got 3 offers for History so far, and even though not one of them is from LSE, I feel incredibly humbled and grateful to have them. Anyone who has that sort of bad attitude deserves to be rejected in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaufman
4 weeks exactly..........

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 weeks on Friday for me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1890
Original post by orangejuice.

But LSE offer is AAA while Durham's offer is A*AA. I can use it as my insurance. Not withdrawing, sorry:smile:
Original post by arminb
But LSE offer is AAA while Durham's offer is A*AA. I can use it as my insurance. Not withdrawing, sorry:smile:

Well, whatever you do doesn't affect me, I'm not a history applicant. It'd be somewhat ironic if you do get an offer for LSE, don't get the grades for Durham and ultimately end up attending the university you said "****" to though :wink:
Reply 1892
4 weeks today. Oh dear
Reply 1893
Original post by Nerdgirl1996
Same, but I've applied to Oxford and am nervously waiting for them to send out interview invitations :s-smilie: And congratulations on the offers! :smile:

Aw thanks so much! Hope you get your interview to Oxford!! I just called LSE and they said "you should have a decision in the next few weeks..." FML
Original post by Nik13
Aw thanks so much! Hope you get your interview to Oxford!! I just called LSE and they said "you should have a decision in the next few weeks..." FML

Thanks :smile: Haha, "next few weeks." Gotta love the ambiguity.
Reply 1895
Social policy with gov applicant here. Don't think I stand a chance but it was worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1896
Got my offer from LSE today! Still can't believe it! I thought they would make their decisions on Friday...
Original post by fiona16
Got my offer from LSE today! Still can't believe it! I thought they would make their decisions on Friday...

Congrats, when was this? and what course?
Reply 1898
Original post by President M.E.
Congrats, when was this? and what course?

Thanks!
It was around 13:00. Quite random I think.
I applied for maths with econ.
Reply 1899
Original post by fiona16
Thanks!
It was around 13:00. Quite random I think.
I applied for maths with econ.

congrats! when did u sent out ur application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending