The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dilzo999
Nope, you get nothing for M1, although not that difficult to remember. For calculators if it can do algebra symbolically then it's not allowed although numerical calculators e.g. finding indefinite integrals and stuff like that is allowed. In my school the teachers never check calculators and they don't "Reset" the memory either so you can take one which isn't allowed although there's still a risk and it also gets on your conscious that you cheated.

yeah i have a casio one thats allowed, are they more strict about it at private schools as my friend at a private school said they check. Whereas at my state school they don't???
Original post by Qari
Don't date. Don't see the point. If you do more than likely you will end up dumping or getting dumped so I just save myself the trouble.
Either footy or cricket myself due to you.not needing massive nets that are like 7ft high :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right... or you may end up in a long lasting relationship???
What about when you get older??? There are people who have married their first love/ first gf/bf and are happy to this day. I see haha.
Haha LOL. I see. I prefer to play cricket rather than watch it :tongue:
Reply 7362
Original post by Endless Blue
I make brief summary notes at the beginning of my revision 'cycle'. Then I spend ages going over them and reading supplementary from textbooks, etc. I find it helps if you make colourful and varied notes, e.g bullet points of key info, date timelines, drawings and spider diagrams where appropriate, etc.

Once I've been over the notes thoroughly I hit the past papers for sciences and maths, under exam conditions and then mark and most importantly, learn the mark schemes and where I've gone wrong. Then I focus revision on those topics and do practice qs before attempting the next paper. For essay subjects I just do detailed plans because I find writing essays can waste too much time during revision; my plans contain all the information to write a good essay, all one would need to do is put that into prose. Then near exam time I just read over all of this, again.

I hope that helps a little bit. For what it's worth, there is no 'one size fits all' approach to revision that works. The above method was developed by my over the last few years and I've gradually become more effective at revising. But I would stress that, for most people, reading from textbooks and notes alone is not enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to do exam papers anyway. My major weakness. Not using terminology :smile:
does the colour coding work?
Reply 7363
Original post by lucine.B
Ah right... or you may end up in a long lasting relationship???
What about when you get older??? There are people who have married their first love/ first gf/bf and are happy to this day. I see haha.
Haha LOL. I see. I prefer to play cricket rather than watch it :tongue:

Don't think I will grow older mentally.
Obviously I prefer to play rather than watch as well :biggrin:
And currently single life sounds great.
Honestly think I am 11 years old mentally
:lol: think I got a bit over excited!
Original post by usycool1
Probably not, but still don't take in a banned one :wink:

Friday is the day!! :biggrin:

Haha, we were supposed to get ours last Christmas, but I wasn't there. :lol: I couldn't be asked to collect them for ages though, so I just asked my examinations officer like a week before I had to submit my UCAS, haha.

Cricket is awesome :teeth:

Awesome! :biggrin:
Hahahaha, every guy except me :wink:

Haha I see :biggrin: Well better late than never :tongue: Even if it was due to laziness on your part :mmm: Oh cool :smile: Got any offers yet??? I prefer to play it :colonhash: but seems like England are doing pretty well :h: :ahee: Oh rubbish, I bet you're just being modest. You're probz a right looker in a suit every guy is :wink:
Original post by keromedic
Sweet.
The below has arrived
2013-11-20 20-27-18.411.jpg

Your desk is sooo messy :tongue:

Your desk is sooo messy :tongue:

It's not that messy :tongue:.
Just random shiz around.
Are you at VI fom?
Original post by Qari
Don't think I will grow older mentally.
Obviously I prefer to play rather than watch as well :biggrin:
And currently single life sounds great.
Honestly think I am 11 years old mentally

Haha, so you're just gonna mature slowly??? :tongue: Tis good to play it isn't it :biggrin: I agree, I'm enjoying being single atm :h: :lol: most guys your age are :mmm: Either way its fun to be a little immature :elefant: hehe.
It's not that messy :tongue:.
Just random shiz around.
Are you at VI fom?

:yep: it definitely is :yes:

Spoiler

Haha okies, whatever you say :rolleyes: Why yes I am boo, wbu???

Spoiler

:yep: it definitely is :yes:

Spoiler

Haha okies, whatever you say :rolleyes: Why yes I am boo, wbu???

Spoiler

I have cumpulsion too but I can get addicted to anything. Atm, I feel comfortable in my personal dissaray although I hate other people messing up my system. Trying to fix that though as it hurts the Aspie part of me :tongue:.
Yea, I'm in my appt :tongue:.
I have cumpulsion too but I can get addicted to anything. Atm, I feel comfortable in my personal dissaray although I hate other people messing up my system. Trying to fix that though as it hurts the Aspie part of me :tongue:.
Yea, I'm in my appt :tongue:.

I see haha, just not the compulsion to clean it seems :tongue: Oooh not sure that's a good thing...addiction is never good :erm: Haha okies, well that's good for you but I feel uncomfortable looking at pics of it :aetsch: Aww :console:. Koolies :biggrin: Anyways tis break now :h:
I see haha, just not the compulsion to clean it seems :tongue: Oooh not sure that's a good thing...addiction is never good :erm: Haha okies, well that's good for you but I feel uncomfortable looking at pics of it :aetsch: Aww :console:. Koolies :biggrin: Anyways tis break now :h:

But I can certainly get set into a cleaning routine. But when I was in that state of mind last, it was really infruiating. I was so highstrung, afraid of infection all the time, being antisocial by not sharing drinks/food, double checking everything etc... But then again, I don't truely like being lazy, sigh...

Sorry. Well have fun :h: Toodles
Reply 7373
Haha, so you're just gonna mature slowly??? :tongue: Tis good to play it isn't it :biggrin: I agree, I'm enjoying being single atm :h: :lol: most guys your age are :mmm: Either way its fun to be a little immature :elefant: hehe.

Probs.
Yes and I am more than a little immature haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7374
Original post by Lucy96
I find the best way is to use a book and write things out over and over until I can write it again from memory! You can help remember it by reading it aloud to yourself. (Or if you have siblings, force them to listen as it really helps :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If i try that, she would not listen at all and probably try and run away :s-smilie:
Original post by Prinz655
If i try that, she would not listen at all and probably try and run away :s-smilie:

Haha aww :tongue: I make my little brother listen (he was six at the time), he probably won't listen when I need him next year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hilton184
Anyone doing physics. (OCR A my exam board)

Okay so my specification states that

Electric current is a net flow of charged particles.

This is obviously correct, but my teacher believes this wouldn't get the marks in an exam.

He says we should say:

Electric current is the rate of flow of charge.

Both of these seem fine to me. The second definition seems better as it is more precise. However it isn't what is stated on the spec.

Basically, if it said 'define electric current' or 'explain what is meant by electric current', what would your answer be? Small issues like this really get on my nerves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd guess either should do, but I prefer you teacher's definition.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: I mean if everyone forgets after the week is over, the poor sods only stay safe for a week :mmm:

Chemistry to Nanochemistry in Medicine! Like drugs, the chemistry behind it, it was amazing.

Like because we understand Fischers (spelt wrong) lock and key mechanism, we know we can try to disrupt that in order to stop an enzyme working, like CuSO4 in Catalase.

So we use the principal to stop things like MRSA uses "complex chemical" to construct it's cell wall, and we use "an antibiotic" to create hydrogen bonds with it so it destroys the cell wall and can't reproduce but then it became resistant some strains (very rare, but they did so by using an ester linkage in the cell wall instead of using the NH so hydrogen bonds can't form and the two oxygens repel each other due to their electrons) so they swapped a CO for a CH2 so the mismatch wouldn't occur and that's stopped the new strain

Then he talked about heparin, how to remove it, how to detect it etc went into self assembling molecules using water and hydrophobic tails and that

I definitely want to do a degree in this now :colonhash:

It was good because it was chemistry and detailed and technical but I still understood it!

I know right :lol:

That sounds bloody awesome. :teeth:

I was trying to help :angry:. How was college?

Sorry! :colondollar: But it was OK thanks! I only had three hours of maths yesterday, which was nice. :yep: Today, I had two frees which are loads for me (I have no lunch break/frees on most days :tongue:). You?

Original post by g.k.galloway
Friday is the day!! :biggrin:

Exciting times, can't wait! :woo: :biggrin:

Haha I see :biggrin: Well better late than never :tongue: Even if it was due to laziness on your part :mmm: Oh cool :smile: Got any offers yet??? I prefer to play it :colonhash: but seems like England are doing pretty well :h: :ahee: Oh rubbish, I bet you're just being modest. You're probz a right looker in a suit every guy is :wink:

Indeed :smug: Hey, I wasn't lazy... :flute: :lol: Nah, but I'm probably gonna get a rejection from Oxford next week after my BMAT results come out :sadnod: You? :smile: Same, and yeah, but I'm supporting Australia :colonhash: :lol: Hahaha, I wish :lol:

Sweet.
The below has arrived
2013-11-20 20-27-18.411.jpg

Nice, but put that BMAT book away, never want to see or hear of that again :sad: :tongue:

Sorry! :colondollar: But it was OK thanks! I only had three hours of maths yesterday, which was nice. :yep: Today, I had two frees which are loads for me (I have no lunch break/frees on most days :tongue:). You?

It's okay :tongue: I'll think of a way for you to make-up for it :biggrin:
Only? What do you usually have?
I'm ill so I'm not in for a few days, I've decided to try and fill in most of my Fp2 workbook as I also have a long weekend (INSET Monday) so I'm in the midst of doing that. May I chat with you later?

Nice, but put that BMAT book away, never want to see or hear of that again :sad: :tongue:

Lol, surprised you recognized it :tongue:.
Reply 7378
Original post by Lucy96
Haha aww :tongue: I make my little brother listen (he was six at the time), he probably won't listen when I need him next year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky u, you had siblings which were wiling to listen to you :tongue:
It's okay :tongue: I'll think of a way for you to make-up for it :biggrin:
Only? What do you usually have?
I'm ill so I'm not in for a few days, I've decided to try and fill in most of my Fp2 workbook as I also have a long weekend (INSET Monday) so I'm in the midst of doing that. May I chat with you later?

:biggrin:

Yeah, but that was a one off, I only have that every other Wednesday. :tongue: Usually I have a couple of hours of each of my subjects. :smile:

Ah damn, get well soon! :console: Nice! Sure thing, feel free to PM me whenever you feel like it. :biggrin:

Lol, surprised you recognized it :tongue:.

There are some sights you just can't forget :afraid: :tongue:

Latest