The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by pane123
The company which now exists is in its 2nd year of operation. The club has existed since 1872. There is absolutely no debate about this.

Oh I see it now! Why doesn't every football club declare themselves out of business to get rid of their debt!

That isn't how it works. The company and the club went out of business in 2012. If you want the silverware achieved before 2012, you've got to take the debt as well, it's your choice. The Rangers have won one title. A 4th tier one. Literally everybody outside The Rangers' bubble of ignorance can see this.

Agree 100%, these guys are drunken, unemployable misfits chanting disgusting tripe. I'm sure it's illegal in any case.

On the other hand I am aware that Rangers fans sing mocking songs about the Irish famine, invite Celtic fans to 'go ome'(what is ludicrous is that many of these will be Northern Irish daytripping Gers :confused:), sing songs about victims of Paedophilia and I'm sure a minority of Rangers fans sing equally indefensible stuff about Unionist paramilitary organisations. Liverpool scumbags sing about Munich and Utd scumbags about Hillsborough and I've heard about Arsenal fans signing about building a train from Tottenham to Auschwitz. Lesson is that football tends to attract a minority of braindead scumbags but none of these incidents are comparable to Celtic fans not extolling the British army, which I dont find unacceptable really.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 142
Original post by Mechie
Oh I see it now! Why doesn't every football club declare themselves out of business to get rid of their debt!

That isn't how it works. The company and the club went out of business in 2012. If you want the silverware achieved before 2012, you've got to take the debt as well, it's your choice. The Rangers have won one title. A 4th tier one. Literally everybody outside The Rangers' bubble of ignorance can see this.

Like I said, it's not up for debate.
Reply 143
Original post by Zürich
WelI you come from Glasgow and are a Rangers fan, which is like asking an Israeli for an objective account of the Palestinians. I have no reason to be either pro/anti Celtic, and am actually pretty right wing instinctively, and yet I can appreciate why Celtic fans might not feel ecstatic about the army.

I would guess that most Celtic fans would vote yes but many Scots of all background will be doing the same. Dont think Alex Salmond is a Celtic fan?

I agree that singing songs in support of the IRA is vile, but Ive never seen any proof that anywhere near a majority do this at Celtic.

On the other hand, the British army actively armed and covertly supported Unionist terrorism in NI that led to the murder of the kind of people, catholics, who attend Celtic Park every week. Why would anyone be surprised that the army as an institution gets no respect there?

I'm not really a Rangers fan.

I don't know who Alex Salmond supports, but nobody in his position would admit to supporting an Old Firm side.

The Celtic fans who sang during the silence will likely be British citizens, who knew fine well that their actions would upset the vast majority of fellow Brits. They may not respect the British Army, but singing during the silence was a step too far.
Original post by Bored ..
That isnt a nazi salute, it symbolises the red hand of ulster, so dont even say it.

Haha why would they be doing nazi salutes if they had an israli flag?

People still try to pass the red hand story? :toofunny:

Edit: Right, back at a computer so:

If you actually go over to Ulster you will not find a single person who will do that salute unless they've some 'right-wing' leanings, in the 3 counties of Ulster in the republic not one person would make that salute. Plenty of Irish people will never actually have heard of the red hand of ulster salute because it doesn't really exist: the red hand is purely a symbol on various flags - it was never a salute: There's no such thing as the Ulster Salute, it's a fascist salute they've been doing with the headhunters (old Chelsea hooligan firm) since the 80s.

All this "it's not a nazi salute, it's the red hand of ulster salute" is a pathetic cover story - it's a fascist, nazi salute made by the fan-base of a xenophobic, scummy club - Let's not forget that they're still bitter over Jock Stein taking Celtic to European success that they spread the slander about child abuse and take it as a source of entertainment.

Now then:
Florist - fan base is full of delusional racists stuck in the 80s. You aren't a big club and chants like "you used to be English" and "town full of pakis" are disgusting.
The Rangers - fascists, the photo you quoted shows as much

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by pane123
Like I said, it's not up for debate.

You're right there. What I've said is 100% correct, non-debatable fact. I'm glad you finally got round to my way of thinking.
Original post by Mechie

The situations are not totally similar but It's like when Juventus were relegated because of The Calciopoli scandal. When they won they title last season they celebrated 31 league titles despite their titles being revoked. It's a matter of past pride I guess
Wolves, I'm a Baggies fan through and through sooooo :rolleyes:
Reply 148
Original post by Mechie
You're right there. What I've said is 100% correct, non-debatable fact. I'm glad you finally got round to my way of thinking.

Grow up. How about you show everyone your proof?
Original post by pane123
Dry up. Might you be willing to concede that I probably know a bit more than this, given that I come from Glasgow?

You have drawn some rather dramatic conclusions from two posts.

Almost no Celtic fans would be willing to class themselves as British and I will be very surprised if the majority of votes for independence come from those of a Celtic persuasion.

Regardless of what the British Army has done in Northern Ireland, singing songs of support for a terrorist organisation is vile.
Because Rangers fans never sing songs about unionist paramilitary groups right? ****ing hell man.
Reply 150
Original post by Boner in joggers
Because Rangers fans never sing songs about unionist paramilitary groups right? ****ing hell man.

Yes, they do. Your point?
Reply 151
Original post by pane123
Grow up. How about you show everyone your proof?

Rangers went out of business. They weren't relegated, they went into administration and ceased to exist. A new club started up, originally named The Rangers (and later on dodgily allowed to change their name back, cause y'know, it's Rangers). This club was then dodgily admitted into the SFL division 3 despite not having 3 years worth of audited accounts (which is a requirement, but was obviously overlooked, cause y'know, it's Rangers). Spartans had a better case for being admitted into the league system, but that's a bit off the point.

That's what happened, and can't be denied. Unless, of course, you're a delusional being inside the bubble of ignorance of the Govan persuasion.
Reply 152
Original post by Mechie
Rangers went out of business. They weren't relegated, they went into administration and ceased to exist. A new club started up, originally named The Rangers (and later on dodgily allowed to change their name back, cause y'know, it's Rangers). This club was then dodgily admitted into the SFL division 3 despite not having 3 years worth of audited accounts (which is a requirement, but was obviously overlooked, cause y'know, it's Rangers). Spartans had a better case for being admitted into the league system, but that's a bit off the point.

That's what happened, and can't be denied. Unless, of course, you're a delusional being inside the bubble of ignorance of the Govan persuasion.

That's not really proof, is it?

http://scotslawthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/commission-decision-28-02-2013.pdf

An analogy I like to use is to think of Rangers as a Mars Bar. All that's happened is the wrapper (the operating company) has been changed. The Mars Bar (the club) still exists as it always has done. Perhaps someone of your limited intelligence will be able to understand something better with the introduction of sweeties.
Original post by Mechie

Sorry, as much as I enjoy the "you've got no history" taunts because, well, it winds up rangers, and anything that annoys those bottom-feeders is good, if you want the non-debatable fact both the SPL and the ECA (european club association) have agreed that Sevco is a continuation of the club. It's not right, you shouldn't be able just to toss aside all the debt and keep your history, but that's the way it is.
Original post by Mechie

Because of the new entity has any money, the creditors will still be able to go after the new entity to get the money?

I'd agree with your analysis from a technical point of view but from a practical point of view, the new entity has gotten the old name back, will be associated with everything of the old club, including the stadium, fans, history etc.
Reply 155
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
People still try to pass the red hand story? :toofunny:

All this "it's not a nazi salute, it's the red hand of ulster salute" is a pathetic cover story - it's a fascist, nazi salute made by the fan-base of a xenophobic, scummy club - Let's not forget that they're still bitter over Jock Stein taking Celtic to European success that they spread the slander about child abuse and take it as a source of entertainment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only slander if it's false.

I see you have learnt since our last 'debate' (which wasn't really a debate because I was right all along) that Rangers FC continues.
Original post by pane123
It's only slander if it's false.

I see you have learnt since our last 'debate' (which wasn't really a debate because I was right all along) that Rangers FC continues.

Correct, so it's slander. Jock never covered up child abuse, it's rangers fans being their traditional pond scum self and spreading lies/making light of child abuse because they're bitter about celtic actually having some success to their name

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 157
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Correct, so it's slander. Jock never covered up child abuse, it's rangers fans being their traditional pond scum self and spreading lies/making light of child abuse because they're bitter about celtic actually having some success to their name

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly you don't know if it's true or not. Rangers have a lot more success to their name than Celtic.
Original post by pane123
Yes, they do. Your point?
Do you not feel it necessary to criticise them for that then?
Reply 159
Original post by Rhys_Champers
Wolves, I'm a Baggies fan through and through sooooo :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Monday?

Spoiler