The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Descartes93
Please help!

Has everyone done the work exp section the same was as a personal statement? i.e continous prose?
Or are you writing it like:

School X for X days etc..

Please help me im panicking so much as session is expiring v soon! xxxx

I wrote school X for X days, etc. Just seemed neater, but I guess either way works!

--------------------

Yeah the GCSE requirement box was a bit weird because I have two sciences GCSE and eng lang and lit, but could only put one in but I guess they will see the others.
Original post by Fen2k
Nearly done. Although looking at my GCSE and A-levels results in the clear light of day... quite worried!!! I have a BSc and a PgCert, along with working for about 8 years and competing in sports. I know it's way too late now but do you think I will be judged on some exams I took 12-15 years ago!!! I

Your GCSEs can't be as bad as mine! But then, I also took mine a long time ago (about 17 years ago) and obviously I have changed since. I've redone my GCSEs, well, the ones necessary to get in to ITT. Don't worry about it! It was a long time ago! As long as you have the ones required of you, then you have a chance.
Original post by jeffercake
Your GCSEs can't be as bad as mine! But then, I also took mine a long time ago (about 17 years ago) and obviously I have changed since. I've redone my GCSEs, well, the ones necessary to get in to ITT. Don't worry about it! It was a long time ago! As long as you have the ones required of you, then you have a chance.

They aren't that bothered about A-Level results and as long as you have a C in the required subjects. Don't worry xx
GUYS TWICKENHAM ST. MARY'S

The X100 code refers to our full time Primary PGCE and X103 refers to our part time Primary PGCE
Reply 1444
Original post by womanonamission
They aren't that bothered about A-Level results and as long as you have a C in the required subjects. Don't worry xx

I knew they probably wouldn't be, but when you are looking at them... Cs and Ds for GCSE and Ds and Es for A-level..... it does make you freak out a bit. I know there is nothing I can do about it, but still :redface:. Right just need to get my degree transcript for my modules and then I'm done.

Work experience. I just listed my employment, dates and responsibilties. I didn't put the school down as I was only there for two weeks. Is this the same as everyone else has done?
Reply 1445
I'm so annoyed! It says my personal is 4lines over.. I literally don't know what to cut out! I feel like it's all relevant!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:s-smilie: Can someone please please explain whether UCAS is for the postgraduate PGCE applications, or am I in the wrong place?

I'm a graduate trying to apply for postgrad PGCEs and was directed to UCAS (last year it was ggtr) but every single time I try to type in my choice of uni code it says 'INVALID COURSE CODE'. I've been trying all morning and am so frustrated!
GUYS! How important is..... 'when I decided I wanted to become a teacher' in your personal statement? I don't have room for it but will make room if need be. THANK YOU!
Original post by FilmExpert
:s-smilie: Can someone please please explain whether UCAS is for the postgraduate PGCE applications, or am I in the wrong place?

I'm a graduate trying to apply for postgrad PGCEs and was directed to UCAS (last year it was ggtr) but every single time I try to type in my choice of uni code it says 'INVALID COURSE CODE'. I've been trying all morning and am so frustrated!

Have you selected the course code from the search box.

It will be something like

X400 or X103 or something like that.

And yes UCAS TEACHER TRAINING, you are in the right place :smile:.

I really should stop writing on here and get on with my own application lol
GUYS! How important is..... 'when I decided I wanted to become a teacher' in your personal statement? I don't have room for it but will make room if need be. THANK YOU!

Probably not very important. A uni PGCE PS guide actually said avoid using phrases like that so you'll probably be fine. I haven't used anything like it.

PS formatting is awful. I had to cut out 6 lines.
Reply 1450

Not very. I think talking about some kind of 'eureka moment' is a bit cliched to be honest. Focus on why not when.
Can someone explain this 'Skills Test'? thing? Has anyone done it already?
Original post by FilmExpert
Can someone explain this 'Skills Test'? thing? Has anyone done it already?

There are two skills test (English and Maths) you must pass before starting a place on a PGCE in England only. Some people have booked them already, I don't know if anyone has taken them yet. I haven't even booked them. I'll do that if I get an offer.
What is the 'professional skill tests registration number' we have to include? Is that our 'Skills Test ID'? I have a 'registration ID' number for each of the skills tests...but it is a different one for the numeracy and the literacy tests.
Right - so I have sent the reference request - do I know have to wait for them before my application can be paid for sent in?
Original post by Marcusian
Right - so I have sent the reference request - do I know have to wait for them before my application can be paid for sent in?

Yep. This is the frustrating part :P
Original post by Airfairy
Yep. This is the frustrating part :P
Thanks you have been helpful. Annoying as I know my line manager (2nd reference) is off until Monday...will this effect my chances? I shouldn't imagine so surely? Like if they are done within a week? My problem is main reference is a teacher who run my school experience, we get on really well but it's not like I can do more than make him aware it's coming. I can't browbeat him to do it asap! :wink:
A few questions:

1. Where can we see when each institutions deadline is?
2. Where do we register for the skills test?
3. Is it essential to do so before applying?
4. What box does a home student click on for financing?
Original post by Marcusian
Thanks you have been helpful. Annoying as I know my line manager (2nd reference) is off until Monday...will this effect my chances? I shouldn't imagine so surely? Like if they are done within a week? My problem is main reference is a teacher who run my school experience, we get on really well but it's not like I can do more than make him aware it's coming. I can't browbeat him to do it asap! :wink:

Nah, I think too many people are putting emphasis on getting it sent off right now today. Unis know we are relying on references and this doesn't always happen fast. A week would be fine I'd imagine. Some places will close after two weeks so that's when I'd start panicking!

I will probs just wait now, and then send them an e-mail next week, reminding them but not too obviously :wink: Like 'Oh I forgot to mention, can I ask you let me know when the reference is completed' or something like that, becuase then they might be thinking 'oh yeah good point I need to do the ref'. UCAS sends a reminder after two weeks but I think that's a bit too long considering some places will close.

I wasn't worrying!! :biggrin:

Is it bad that I'm now desperately waiting for the email to say that my references are ready!?!? haha... this is painful..

Latest

Trending

Trending