The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can I just say how proud I am of UCAS for not letting us down and crashing!!!
Original post by Airfairy
Probably not very important. A uni PGCE PS guide actually said avoid using phrases like that so you'll probably be fine. I haven't used anything like it.

PS formatting is awful. I had to cut out 6 lines.

Thank you! I have to cut 6 lines too!
Original post by musicgirlkh
what is the 'professional skill tests registration number' we have to include? Is that our 'skills test id'? I have a 'registration id' number for each of the skills tests...but it is a different one for the numeracy and the literacy tests.

candidate id

TA number
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Descartes93
Can I just say how proud I am of UCAS for not letting us down and crashing!!!

I agree!
Hey, I have a quick question:

In the section where they ask you about your 3 choices, in the 'additional information' section at the bottom, what exactly are you expected to write there? They're asking for 'earliest start date', and 'unavailable for interview' - what on earth are we meant to put there?

Good luck to everyone with their application!
Original post by Airfairy
Nah, I think too many people are putting emphasis on getting it sent off right now today. Unis know we are relying on references and this doesn't always happen fast. A week would be fine I'd imagine. Some places will close after two weeks so that's when I'd start panicking!

I will probs just wait now, and then send them an e-mail next week, reminding them but not too obviously :wink: Like 'Oh I forgot to mention, can I ask you let me know when the reference is completed' or something like that, becuase then they might be thinking 'oh yeah good point I need to do the ref'. UCAS sends a reminder after two weeks but I think that's a bit too long considering some places will close.

Thanks - I can now relax then. I did contact both this week saying they should receive an email and the process of what it entails, so should be fine.
hey what is this skills test? is it compulsory??? does anyone know? ucas asks if i have registered for the skills test and i havent is that okay?? HELP
Original post by hippygirl
hey what is this skills test? is it compulsory??? does anyone know? ucas asks if i have registered for the skills test and i havent is that okay?? HELP

You have to take it before you start your PGCE course. No you don't have to have it booked. Just leave that part blank.

If you get a place on a course you will then need to take it.
Just got an e-mail about one of my references, saying they have agreed to do it. He said he would do on Thursday for me, so I'm expecting he will probably sort it now since he's seen the e-mail.

It will be the other reference from work exp that I will have to nudge a bit.
Original post by chipper.ko999

In the section where they ask you about your 3 choices, in the 'additional information' section at the bottom, what exactly are you expected to write there? They're asking for 'earliest start date', and 'unavailable for interview' - what on earth are we meant to put there?

Hey, thats only relevant if you've selected a modular course. Sometimes the uni only has modular courses so you have no option but to do it if you want that uni. Just put in the earliest start date that you expect to start on x
Does anyone know what we put for our references address? I've got a uni one and a work one, so should I just put those addresses down?
Original post by chipper.ko999

If there are any dates when you can't attend an interview, if you were to be offered one.

In 'earliest start date' you could just write Sept 2014 (or whenever your course starts).
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Does anyone know what we put for our references address? I've got a uni one and a work one, so should I just put those addresses down?

For my head teacher I put the school address, and for the academic one I put the uni address.

Does this seem right?!
Original post by Descartes93
Hey, thats only relevant if you've selected a modular course. Sometimes the uni only has modular courses so you have no option but to do it if you want that uni. Just put in the earliest start date that you expect to start on x

WHAT IS A MODULAR COURSE? I think mine defaulted to modular?! x
Reply 1474
Original post by rainbowworld
I'm listing all my modules - but will probably add the % of it... if you can use the % button.... not being able to use colons etc is annoying as they are in my unit names!

I added GCSE science double award to the box about your GCSE requirements - I got AA for it and the requirement is a C in one... but the form is telling me on the 'check form' page that I don't meet the science requirement for any of my choices!!! HELP!!! I don't want it to show up like that to the providers... they will automatically reject me! Shall I just list one GCSE there and then list the other in the other list? Just seems silly as double award is an option :/

This happened to me too for double science. I've checked with my uni choices and they say that a double award is fine. UCAS facebook page have said that it's a technical glitch and to put in single science, then add double science in the additional GCSE bit. I hope this helps. I had a bit of a panic attack when I saw all of my choices reject me! AND BREATHE!
First reference has been completed! So much love for my lecturer right now. I can't fault his punctuality :wink:
okay nvm realised its not for scottish unis :smile:
I'm really worried about references. The majority of my school experience happened whilst I was university and that was nearly two years ago! My 'recent' experience will not be starting until January so not sure if I can put that school down as a reference or not?
Original post by FlorenceG
I'm really worried about references. The majority of my school experience happened whilst I was university and that was nearly two years ago! My 'recent' experience will not be starting until January so not sure if I can put that school down as a reference or not?

Yeah you can put it down, just obviously mention it's in Jan! They still like to see you had exp lined up. Your past experience will be fine too. I've seen 'past two years' on many uni websites so you should be ok. Any experience is vital.

EDIT: Sorry I missed the reference bit. You can't use them as a reference when you haven't done experience there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by FlorenceG

Probably not as they have nothing to write about yet

Latest

Trending

Trending