The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

timetables for adult nursing

Hi all

Im new here... I have accepted a place at Derby University to study adult nursing:-D wooo. Start in feb 2014.So excited.
I was wondering if anyone has a bit of information regarding the timetable. I have young kids and need to work out how many hours I will need childcare for.

Any information would be greatly appreciated :-D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kerryn003
Hi all

Im new here... I have accepted a place at Derby University to study adult nursing:-D wooo. Start in feb 2014.So excited.
I was wondering if anyone has a bit of information regarding the timetable. I have young kids and need to work out how many hours I will need childcare for.

Any information would be greatly appreciated :-D

Hi Kerryn,

Congratulations! Unfortunately, I come bearing bad news =( Your course is very intense and although I don't have a copy of your timetable, it is best to presume that you will be in full time, from 9-5, 5 days a week. When you're on placement, you may also be asked to work late/night shifts.

For more information, contact our admissions service on 01332 591167.

Stacey
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Congratulations Kerry! I'm hoping to get onto that course for 2014! When did you have your interview? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lannieeb
Congratulations Kerry! I'm hoping to get onto that course for 2014! When did you have your interview? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there.
Mine was on the 29th Sept. :-D
I got an email two days later offering me a place. Hopefully you get one too...
x
Reply 4
Mine was 29th of October, yeah me too getting worries now though! But once again, well done!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Mine was 29th of October, yeah me too getting worries now though! But once again, well

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do hope you get in too. I could not believe I heard back so fast. It was a shock.
How did you find the interview? Crossed fingers for you! !
Reply 6
I found the interview alright tbh however because I was expecting it to be really hard I sort of panicked when really if I'd of stayed calm I would of appeared better but fingers crossed! I just want to know now! It's been over 3weeks:/ x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I found the interview alright tbh however because I was expecting it to be really hard I sort of panicked when really if I'd of stayed calm I would of appeared better but fingers crossed! I just want to know now! It's been over 3weeks:/ x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waiting is the worst. I do hope they let you know soon. 3 weeks is a long time to wait...
I found the whole interviewing process to be ok. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Good luck! !
Reply 8
Yeah I've emailed them so hopefully they'll get back to me soon! Good! Happy for you :biggrin: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi, ive accepted a course to start my nursing in feb aswell! cant wait, im doing a pre degree program atm so im in contact with the uni and have been since September :smile: I asked and they said that we will get all our uni bits after the Christmas period x
Reply 10
Original post by xovikki
Hi, ive accepted a course to start my nursing in feb aswell! cant wait, im doing a pre degree program atm so im in contact with the uni and have been since September :smile: I asked and they said that we will get all our uni bits after the Christmas period x

Well done!! It was such a wonderful feeling getting that offer. Wow. I felt so good about myself. When I got the notification, I thought my heart was going to explode! ! Lol.
Iv applied for my bursary stuff already. Just sorting out child care now. It is soooo stressful. But im finally getting somewhere.
When did you find out?
Reply 11
Well done!:smile: it's not looking very positive for me:frown: still not heard anything x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Well done!:smile: it's not looking very positive for me:frown: still not heard anything x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No news can be good news tho :-D
Reply 13
Haha iknow I was so happy! Well originally I had applied for the September intake but got put on the reserve list, I got a phone call from the uni asking me to take part in a new national program which involves us working as a HCA for 6 months in derby hospital, we get paid and we are looked after by a kind of 'mentor' at the hospital, we regularly meet up with derby uni for focus groups as well as meeting up with people from health education England which will be writing a big report at the end of the program which is exciting :smile:

There's 7 of us doing the program and we're all starting uni in feb. I cant wait I just want to start now:smile:
Do you live locally to derby then? how old are you?

and good luck Lanniee, hopefully you'll get some news soon! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by xovikki
Haha iknow I was so happy! Well originally I had applied for the September intake but got put on the reserve list, I got a phone call from the uni asking me to take part in a new national program which involves us working as a HCA for 6 months in derby hospital, we get paid and we are looked after by a kind of 'mentor' at the hospital, we regularly meet up with derby uni for focus groups as well as meeting up with people from health education England which will be writing a big report at the end of the program which is exciting :smile:

There's 7 of us doing the program and we're all starting uni in feb. I cant wait I just want to start now:smile:
Do you live locally to derby then? how old are you?

and good luck Lanniee, hopefully you'll get some news soon! :smile:

Sounds interesting. Really good experience.
Iv only worked as a carer so far. But it has been brilliant experience. Looking forward you meeting you all in feb :-D
I'm in ripley, im 25. :-D
Reply 15
Original post by Kerryn003
Sounds interesting. Really good experience.
Iv only worked as a carer so far. But it has been brilliant experience. Looking forward you meeting you all in feb :-D
I'm in ripley, im 25. :-D

Yeah its good, I worked in a nursing home for 2 years before hand but hospital experience is always good, so thought id give it ago rather than having to re-apply. I live in burton-on-trent, im 20. All 7 of us live local-ish and we range from 18-27 :smile: Yeah its nice to get to chat to people before we spend the next 3 years together haha its such a big step but seriously cant wait :smile:
Reply 16
Just rang the UNi:frown: says there looking Into my application abit more than others for some reason so it will take longer but hopefully by the end of next week! I'm scared now x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Still haven't heard anything:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Still haven't heard anything:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh. Why do they do this! ?? I don't know why they just don't tell you! !
Its so annoying! !
Crossed fingers and toes and everything. X
Reply 19
I know it's like torture! It's been ages now aswell! It's beyond taking the piss, I've rang and they just said they haven't made their decision yet.. Just waiting and it's killing me! Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest