The Student Room Group

How does falling in love feel like?

You may think its sad... but I've never fallen in love before. Not even a crush or puppy love... not even once...

Sure there are times I feel interested in a guy, but if he ever gotten a girlfriend I'll just go 'Oh well...' and congratulate them, no sadness whatsoever...

So I was wondering how does falling in love feel like? Is it like in books and movies? Or is it a gradual thing that only happens once you know the person long enough, which poses another question: is falling in love at first sight real? :confused:
It's not sad, you just haven't had the opportunity to do so.

I wouldn't know and I'm a little skeptical about how everyone says its some amazing feeling and you feel like you would die for them and what not but I think its different for everyone and it depends on what kind of person you emotionally are in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To me its better than in movies.. because it was gradual with me. I was also in denial as I felt too guilty about falling for my best friends ex who at the time, was who I was helping to get over. I told her I'd get him back for hurting her but instead I fell for him. I was in complete denial! my friends told me that if he was taking all this time out to talk to me day and night then he must like me. He became my bestfriend I asked him who he liked but he told me to answer first. My mates made me tell him that I like him and he admitted it too.. I told him to prove it (I wanted him to tell me that he loved me) but instead he asked me out :eek:

And we've been together ever since!

He's on my mind 24/7, last person I think about at night and I wake up reaching for him in the morning (then feel like an idiot when I realised I'm in bed on my own). All love songs and stories remind me of him and no-one else makes my head turn. No-one makes me tick quite like he does. And he actually admits that he doesnt need to look at anyone else anymore because he has what he wants right here. he used to be the type of guy that would never trust anyone and talk about his feelings and I was the shyest girl in the world and had never had a boyfriend. Now we can read each others minds and can even tell through texts what mood the other half is in..

Love is 10 times cheesier and better than in movies and you can't imagine life without him!
Love? its like taking a piggy back on a lion in the eye of a tornado. I love god, i love my parents. But these relationships compare to that of mine and Jacks relationship.

He holds me like a dove witha broken wing, kisses me like a mother consoling its young. When i look at him its like he reaches inside of me and drops a flower petal into my soul.

Then in the bedroom its like being thrown into a wild heat typhoon of hands tongues and feet. I love the way he covers me in fruit, and slowly removes it with his ears..

Love? i hear you ask. its the best ******* thing thats ever happened to me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
It's a gradual thing. In my experience it starts with infatuation: You can't get the other person out of your mind and you're counting the hours until you get to see them again. After a couple weeks of you start to transition into a more sustainable feeling of companionship: Thinking of them makes you smile and you just want to be around them. Finally there eventually comes love, which I take to be when you feel like you want to spend the rest of your life with that person.

The character of it is difficult to describe if you haven't felt it, but I think I'd say that it's a mixture of happiness, attachment and empathy. You feel lucky, special and complete.
Reply 5
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
It's not sad, you just haven't had the opportunity to do so.

I wouldn't know and I'm a little skeptical about how everyone says its some amazing feeling and you feel like you would die for them and what not but I think its different for everyone and it depends on what kind of person you emotionally are in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sad for myself at all. But sometimes you just wanna know how does it feel, you know?

I'm also a little doubtful of the whole if 'you jump I jump' scenario they make love out to be... I dunno, maybe I haven't found someone to do that yet?
Reply 6
Original post by samsamdragonman
Love? its like taking a piggy back on a lion in the eye of a tornado. I love god, i love my parents. But these relationships compare to that of mine and Jacks relationship.

He holds me like a dove witha broken wing, kisses me like a mother consoling its young. When i look at him its like he reaches inside of me and drops a flower petal into my soul.

Then in the bedroom its like being thrown into a wild heat typhoon of hands tongues and feet. I love the way he covers me in fruit, and slowly removes it with his ears..

Love? i hear you ask. its the best F****** thing thats ever happened to me.

WOW, Jack sounds like a really awesome guy. I wish you two all the best and be happy and lovey forever~ :biggrin:

You make love seem like really what books make it to be...
Reply 7
Original post by miser
It's a gradual thing. In my experience it starts with infatuation: You can't get the other person out of your mind and you're counting the hours until you get to see them again. After a couple weeks of you start to transition into a more sustainable feeling of companionship: Thinking of them makes you smile and you just want to be around them. Finally there eventually comes love, which I take to be when you feel like you want to spend the rest of your life with that person.

The character of it is difficult to describe if you haven't felt it, but I think I'd say that it's a mixture of happiness, attachment and empathy. You feel lucky, special and complete.

The feeling you describe is something I've always wanted to feel, from friendship to love... to me its the best kind of love in the world. :smile:
Original post by Rebelliar
WOW, Jack sounds like a really awesome guy. I wish you two all the best and be happy and lovey forever~ :biggrin:

You make love seem like really what books make it to be...

Hes everything you could want and more, when he takes me somewhere in his car I feel like a first class package

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending