The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What details are we meant to add about our work experience in the separate work experience box? Do we just say what role we had or do we write a couple of sentences reflecting on the experience?

Edit: Also, do we write about future planned experience aswell?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Magwich93
Does anyone know what number I should put in the professional skills test registration number box? I've already registered for these tests but I have 2 different numbers; one for literacy and one for numeracy.

I asked this earlier, and apparently we use the 'Skills Test ID' number, which should begin TA.
the thing I don't understand is how to calculate the percentages of are modules, I've put 20 credits for all of them instead of my dissertation where I've put 40 is that right or do I have to convert them to percentages?? Confuseddddddddx
Original post by graceindia
the thing I don't understand is how to calculate the percentages of are modules, I've put 20 credits for all of them instead of my dissertation where I've put 40 is that right or do I have to convert them to percentages?? Confuseddddddddx

I did the same. All mine are 20, apart from a 40 dissertation and that's what I put. It does say quite clearly 'time spent/credits', so it must be ok.
Oh good thank you for letting me know,, good luck!
Hello everyone,
just a quick question - when selecting choices, the bottom box titled "name of main subject or subjects" what should i be putting in there?

i am applying for pgde primary. it says to contact provider to ask what should be put there but thought i would check on here as well.

thanks
Reply 1506
I'm wondering the same thing. I thought perhaps my undergraduate degree modules, but not really sure. I don't think this is a key thing for primary, but don't really want to get it wrong
anyone know how long institutions are open for on ucas? ive filled in my application and now just waiting on my referees to add in their references. eeeeeeeeep ive never felt so flustered in my whole life!!
Original post by hippygirl
anyone know how long institutions are open for on ucas? ive filled in my application and now just waiting on my referees to add in their references. eeeeeeeeep ive never felt so flustered in my whole life!!

It's a minimum of two weeks. I had one referee complete their reference for me within about four hours so I'm just waiting on the other one! Exciting!
Hiya, please can anyone give me any advice? I have a 2:1 in BSc Biology, but only a D in GCSE Science.... I completed an Access to Higher Education to get onto my degree course. Am I able to apply for a PGCE without a C in Science taking into account my other qualifications? Many thanks
Good luck everyone!

Quick question....I want to apply for Schools Direct through the University of Gloucestershire...but it's not even coming up on the search, let alone showing it's open. When I search for Schools Direct programmes it comes up with a list of schools..is this right or am I looking in the wrong place? The school I work at now takes Schools Direct students through the Uni of Gloucestershire, so that would be ideal, but I can't find it! Any help would be appreciated. xxx
Reply 1511
I haven't put my individual modules down, the Help text suggested that was mainly for primary, if you're applying for secondary+ I think you just need to show here that you have the 50% requirement (your degree has to be made up of at least 50% of the subject you want to teach).

I am applying for a post-compulsory education and training PGCE and I just put my two main subjects - Sociology and Criminology - and how many credits each subject is of my overall degree. I don't think they need to know all my individual modules, just need to know that Sociology (what I want to teach) makes up at least 50% of my degree, which it does, more than! Hopefully this is right, anyway.... this is just how I understood it personally. I think if you're doing primary they do want module names, as you need to show how your course relates to the primary curriculum, especially important if your degree is in something like psychology!

I am having an issue with the work experience section. There are only 20 lines and I have four lots of work experience - is just the place/location, dates and 3-4 lines of what I did there enough? With no in-depth descriptive stuff? I mean I used my PS to expand on what I had learnt, etc. so I don't see why I'd need to do it here... and tbh there's not enough space to!

What is everyone else doing for this section?
Hi, I'm on the last bit 'check form' and I've pressed save everything is ticked but I don't know whether it has sent or not is just says 'The availability of your choices may change between now and when you pay and send your application to UCAS. You can finalise them up until just before you pay and send your application to Ucas is there a final page you get to when fully completed?
Ohhh doesn't matter I've worked it out! :smile: xxx
Reply 1514
Just two quick questions.

On the personal statement, it seems to be very strict about the statement checks. I applied last year and the statement I'm using this year is just a reworked version of last years PS. Some of the sentences will likely be exactly the same, is this an issue.

On the School and work experience bit, I have loads of different experiences and want to include as much as possible. The example they give doesn't really give any detail on responsibilities and knowledge/ experience gained. Is it just for a quick note of each placement, or am I best giving a brief bit of info on the experiences?

Thanks in advance to whoever is lovely enough to answer these questions. I hope all your applications are going well!
Original post by Deja Vu
I haven't put my individual modules down, the Help text suggested that was mainly for primary, if you're applying for secondary+ I think you just need to show here that you have the 50% requirement (your degree has to be made up of at least 50% of the subject you want to teach).

I am applying for a post-compulsory education and training PGCE and I just put my two main subjects - Sociology and Criminology - and how many credits each subject is of my overall degree. I don't think they need to know all my individual modules, just need to know that Sociology (what I want to teach) makes up at least 50% of my degree, which it does, more than! Hopefully this is right, anyway.... this is just how I understood it personally. I think if you're doing primary they do want module names, as you need to show how your course relates to the primary curriculum, especially important if your degree is in something like psychology!

I am having an issue with the work experience section. There are only 20 lines and I have four lots of work experience - is just the place/location, dates and 3-4 lines of what I did there enough? With no in-depth descriptive stuff? I mean I used my PS to expand on what I had learnt, etc. so I don't see why I'd need to do it here... and tbh there's not enough space to!

What is everyone else doing for this section?

I would like the answer to this last bit also!
Reply 1516
Original post by neonlj
Just two quick questions.

On the personal statement, it seems to be very strict about the statement checks. I applied last year and the statement I'm using this year is just a reworked version of last years PS. Some of the sentences will likely be exactly the same, is this an issue.

On the School and work experience bit, I have loads of different experiences and want to include as much as possible. The example they give doesn't really give any detail on responsibilities and knowledge/ experience gained. Is it just for a quick note of each placement, or am I best giving a brief bit of info on the experiences?

Thanks in advance to whoever is lovely enough to answer these questions. I hope all your applications are going well!

Yes, that is a massive issue. You cannot reuse the same personal statement, nor reuse certain parts of it. You need to completely reword it.

They use software such as Turnitin to detect plagiarism, and your PS will be flagged up if you submit the same one (or parts of it the same) as last year. :frown:
When you paste your personal statement into the box, will the unis read it as it's formatted in word? I can't fit it in with paragraph spacing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
why can't i click on pay and send????????????
Original post by graceindia
Ohhh doesn't matter I've worked it out! :smile: xxx

could you tell me how please? stuck on this :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending