The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
People will be attracted to what they want. I don't really have a problem with people having racial preferences so long as it isn't based in racist stereotypes.
(edited 10 years ago)
It matters to some people and it doesn't matter to others. I personally don't find people outside of my race attractive but other people do. I can't help it, it's just the way I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Beckyweck
It matters to some people and it doesn't matter to others. I personally don't find people outside of my race attractive but other people do. I can't help it, it's just the way I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile

edit: just reread the comment. agree with everything except being attracted only to my race, that's complete opposite for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Beckyweck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that is a little racist :eek:
Reply 5
Original post by Raiden10

how was that racist? some people aren't attracted to other race other than their own, some are attracted to anyone but their race. it's just preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by donutaud15
how was that racist? some people aren't attracted to other race other than their own, some are attracted to anyone but their race. it's just preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can deal with someone while not judging them for their race, anything else is racist.
It would make my life much easier if I was to get with a asian girl, but in terms of attraction race has no effect for me.
Reply 8
You can deal with someone while not judging them for their race, anything else is racist.

some are just not attracted to the race. it could be facial features or cultural attitude. yes it's a little judgmental but not racist.

I belong to the group of people who didn't date anyone from my race, I'm not attracted to certain cultural aspects and the looks. doesn't mean I'm racist, especially as I don't dislike the race just not attracted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by donutaud15
some are just not attracted to the race. it could be facial features or cultural attitude. yes it's a little judgmental but not racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can't help it you have my sympathies. Doesn't change a thing about what I said though.
Reply 10
If you can't help it you have my sympathies. Doesn't change a thing about what I said though.

well you are entitled to your opinion. I don't have to agree with that though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not racist to have racial preferences. Providing you're not fetishising your partner for being "exotic" there is nothing wrong with it. Lol @ the comments
How can it possibly be racist to not fancy someone that's not a member of your race? I don't fancy women, but I'm not sexist!
Reply 13
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It's not racist to have racial preferences. Providing you're not fetishising your partner for being "exotic" there is nothing wrong with it. Lol @ the comments

Exactly. It can be hard to tell whether someone does so, though. I wouldn't mind, say, going out with a white guy with a preference for Asian women at all, but from my experience a lot of such guys tend to fetishize us (based on stereotypes about being submissive, feminine blah) which I find weird and has put me off dating guys like that (not white guys, those with a preference.)
Well, the difference between races is like 1 or 2 percent.

On average…women only like 6% of pictures

In conclusion….I would be more worried about getting a women to like what you look like rather than my race.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Ahh the good old Dailymail Strikes Again!

Most Men would say they have a preference but that does not mean they would completely disregard other races....

For example there might be a White Man who likes Asian Women, that does not mean he would not feel attracted to a White, Latino or Black lady as attraction can happen at any time.
Original post by Alpha brah
Exactly. It can be hard to tell whether someone does so, though. I wouldn't mind, say, going out with a white guy with a preference for Asian women at all, but from my experience a lot of such guys tend to fetishize us (based on stereotypes about being submissive, feminine blah) which I find weird and has put me off dating guys like that (not white guys, those with a preference.)

That true, I've seen guys on here say how they want a non western woman because they think she'll be quieter and treat him better and that's a stereotype. I prefer Asian guys myself but that's because of how they look, nothing to do with any notion of what I think an Asian guy is like. I just like dark haired men :sexface: I've had friends ask me "so what's it like going out with an Asian guy?" and my response is always "like going out with any guy.". The question pisses me off

You don't get called sexist for being gay... so how is it racist for one to only be attracted to those in the same race?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

Why is this worst than other preferences?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
How can it possibly be racist to not fancy someone that's not a member of your race? I don't fancy women, but I'm not sexist!

Slow replying strikes again :P

Quick Reply