The Student Room Group

Four Britons 'killed fighting in Syria war with Al Qaeda rebels'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HeavyTeddy
You do understand how a democratic election works? The majority are Muslims and therefore they vote for the party they want in power. It is not a coincidence that the governments they're democratically voting in want to introduce an Islamic state.

Yes it seems in Muslim countries 1 man 1 vote once

Would you want to live under Sharia?

Oh we'll soon there be no Christians, Jews or anyone else for that matter left in these countries other than muslims

it's hard enough for them as it is they do not need this **** as well.
Reply 21
Original post by HokeyWolf
I wonder why Popapork has such disdain for Muslims and the Islamic world?

My partner is a Muslim who's parents had to flee their own country because of being the wrong sort of Muslim.

I also know a few other gay Muslims and Muslims who are in the UK because their fellow brothers wanted to kill them

kind leaves an impression

mostly that those who spout about the ummah and sharia and Muslim brotherhood are deluded idiots who should know better (given that most of them don't have the bottle to go and live in a real Muslim country but rather prefer the feather bed we 'westerners' can and do provide for them)
They are living the real life now.
Reply 23
I take it shes a scrounger as well? :colondollar:
Reply 24
I jest
Reply 25
just out of Interest, I take it your a fan of Iran then? Being all Anti west as well?
Original post by Al-Mudaari
May God bless them, died as martyrs.

Have you booked your plane ticket yet? :colone:
Original post by PopaPork
Yes it seems in Muslim countries 1 man 1 vote once

Would you want to live under Sharia?

Oh we'll soon there be no Christians, Jews or anyone else for that matter left in these countries other than muslims

it's hard enough for them as it is they do not need this **** as well.

Under properly implemented Sharia, yes.

Christians and Jews have lived with Muslims as neighbours for hundreds of years, and strived too(in an Islamic state(an example is the Egyptian Jews under Ottoman rule)). In fact, Jews have suffered more at the hands of Christians throughout history than they have from Muslims (a certain European Judeo-Christian political group and of course the Spanish Inquisition). Islamic antisemitism only arose in the ninteenth century and it is of the opinion of many scholars (one of them being Mark R.Cohen, a proffessor at Princeton specializing in Jewish and Muslim relations) that it arose as a result of Christians Arabs promoting nationalistic ideologies between the two groups.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Ameen. In sha Allah.

You really are a ****. Justifying giving a life for a cause that can never be justified. I applaud the Muslims/people who are giving aid to the moderate displaced Syrians who's lives have been destroyed because of this stupid conflict.
Reply 29
Original post by ConnorB
Have you booked your plane ticket yet? :colone:

Nope. My business is here for now.
Original post by ConnorB
You really are a ****. Justifying giving a life for a cause that can never be justified. I applaud the Muslims/people who are giving aid to the moderate displaced Syrians who's lives have been destroyed because of this stupid conflict.

Why can't it be justified?
but I truly believe that had we done a Nato in Lybia and bombed the holy **** out of Bashir, then perhaps the true rebels, the protesters and their guardians who only wanted democracy, would have won the battle long before Al Qaeda and their Islamo facist buddies got involved.
If we'd have got involved the situation would have played out exactly the same. The Western invaders would have been a magnet for every Islamic extremist in the region to rush to the defence of the same Muslims they are currently attacking. We took the best option and stayed the hell out, it was never going to end in a democratic solution because only a tiny minority want that. Assad doesn't, Islamic groups don't, and none of the regional players do. Even if the rebellion had been successful, you would have seen the resulting civil war with the weak government and regional influences that followed.
Reply 32
And don't worry about upsetting the powers that be. We are all entitled to our own opinion and if TSR isn't a place where people can disagree amicably, then where is! As long as posts are not racist, abusive etc etc then feel free to voice any opinion regardless of controversy. :smile:
Reply 33
I fully appreciate the dark, twisted history of Islam as much as I credit it for all its wonderfull gifts to Humanity. As a graduate in History at Sheffield with specialization on The Middle East, I understand the level of sectarian tension within Islam wherever its followers choose to reside. Al Qaeda is a dangerous group; I am not denying that it and its ideology needs to be destroyed, and what they are doing in areas of Northern Syria is absolutely repugnant. BUT. Assad is the root cause of this conflict. The path it has taken since 2012 is the result of Assads actions- He executes them, the more will come. That is the nature of Jihad wherever it is declared. Again, I'm not trying to make sweeping statements about this- noone can. The reason people are more critical of Assad is that he is the ruler of what was a sovereign nation who reacted to calls for change by shelling protests and conducting retaliatory operations against mass civilian populations. While Sunni militia kill recklessly and without moral, legal or religious justification, they are responding to the culture of impunity, violence and sectarianism caused by the fracturing of Syrian society as a result of the actions of Assad. A look back at the history of Syria shows a country steeped in a history of cooperation and co-habitation between religions. It is not religion causing this tragedy, but the culture of inhumanity and impunity rife in all sectarian conflicts. Syria was not originally a religious conflict; Religion has just picked up the cause when little else was left to fight for.
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Why can't it be justified?

Well if its someone who believes that his help will build a tolerant, democratic, fair and just country where freedom of belief and expression is far greater than before the Arab-Spring, then maybe it can be, Progressive peace talks and a call to end the violence would be a far greater strength. However if it's someone who wants to establish a Sharia law through "jihad", then I suppose it can only be established that he's
1. Dead
2. One less idiot alive who supports this stupid agenda.
I am sorry fellas, but your lack of understanding here is really appalling. These may well be radicalized Muslims and fighting for Al Qaeda backed rebel groups, but as a British person, I am actually quite proud of these people who would rather die for their ideals (regardless of their moral justification) than sit back and watch another dictator commit atrocious acts against his own people. By suggesting that Assad is a beacon of stability just shows your complete lack of understanding of this conflict. He is the man who started this whole situation, and while Al Qaeda may be involved now, HE is the reason they became involved. PopaPork, this phrase...
'lets hope the call to jihad is as strong as some claim it to be (it'll help reduce the cost these scroungers place on a decent society)' is just plain ignorant. You don't know these people. They are fighting a rancid dictator who is soley responsible for the conflict in Syria. Stop reading the Mail and perhaps do some independent study before making statements like this. It is offensive to decent society.

Are you proud of how the Hitler youth died for what they believed in? Or the Ss?
What are non Syrians doing in Syria in the first place? They knew the consequences and they deserved it. The fact that majority of the Syrians are pro Bashar is an indication why he has the upper hand on Syria.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Lmao, right.

As I said, my business is here.

Of course. Every village needs an idiot.
Nope. My business is here for now.

Why don't you go and fight for them too?

Seems right up your street. You can fantasize about extreme Islam night and day.

My offer for a ticket still stands.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Ameen. In sha Allah.

Didn't take long for you to fall into the dark extremist majority of islam did it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending