The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What are we meant to do if we don't have our GCSE awarding body certificates? If we put unknown we still have to put something there!
Original post by Gemmac2382
why can't i click on pay and send????????????

You need to click on references and send them first before you pay! :smile:
Original post by Airfairy

thank you:smile: was getting stressed searching through all the sections thinking i have missed a tiny detail out or forgot to tick a box!:colondollar:

just want this form sent in now.... been waiting too long to get to this point :frown:

be glad when its sent in! :banana::dance:
Reply 1523
Original post by Deja Vu
Yes, that is a massive issue. You cannot reuse the same personal statement, nor reuse certain parts of it. You need to completely reword it.

They use software such as Turnitin to detect plagiarism, and your PS will be flagged up if you submit the same one (or parts of it the same) as last year. :frown:

Ah Crap, this is going to bugger everything up now. :s-smilie:
Reply 1524
This may be a stupid question... should I put the university I'm currently studying in with my secondary school under 'education'? The third section is solely for your degree, but do they expect you to also put the university you're currently at in that bit with the previous education?
Reply 1525
Original post by dancing_shoes92
What are we meant to do if we don't have our GCSE awarding body certificates? If we put unknown we still have to put something there!

Are you able to email the school to took them at to have them tell you? Are you sure you haven't got the certificates lying around in a dusty corner somewhere?
Hiya, please can anyone give me any advice? I have a 2:1 in BSc Biology, but only a D in GCSE Science.... I completed an Access to Higher Education to get onto my degree course. Am I able to apply for a PGCE without a C in Science taking into account my other qualifications? Many thanks

If you want to do secondary then you're fine with a C or above in English and Maths. If you want to do primary then you also need the C in science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
could you tell me how please? stuck on this :mad:

my computer was stopping a pop up from appearing so i pressed on it in the address bar and it was just another window coming up to say that once I accept I will be unable to make anymore changes, so press that and it should work, hope this helps! x
Original post by jeffercake
One is probably salaried.

My PS is 5 lines over! That PS checker someone posted earlier didnt bloody work!

I know. I also logged into normal UCAS a few days ago and my PS fit into their box of 47 lines and 4000 characters so I expected it all to be fine. This also happened last year where I had to cut about 5 lines out, very frustrating.
Reply 1529

Are you supposed to be able to pay immediately after sending the reference requests? Or do you have to wait until the references have been input in to the system?

I've just requested my references but it's not letting me access the Pay/send section yet.
Original post by jeffercake
It's a minimum of two weeks. I had one referee complete their reference for me within about four hours so I'm just waiting on the other one! Exciting!

Okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deja Vu
Are you supposed to be able to pay immediately after sending the reference requests? Or do you have to wait until the references have been input in to the system?

I've just requested my references but it's not letting me access the Pay/send section yet.

No, you pay and officially send once the references are sorted out!
GUYS,

When you get AS Level in year 1 of college, does that then get replaced if you carry it on to an A2.

Or for our applications do you write it in the AS and the A2 sections?

HELP!

Thank you xx
Reply 1533
Well its officially been sent! Just waiting for references. I sent one to my head teacher saying they freeze applications until reference is received I'm hoping that doesn't sound to pushy?? hate this waiting!! Hope everyone else is okay!
Hi guys!

Just a quick question about references, i'm using my university tutor and my manager, is that okay? I wanted to use someone who I worked with whilst on my placement at a primary school, but I was told it was best to use my manager from my job, as they can comment on my character and such, is this true?

thanks!
Hiya

I passed my Skills Tests when I applied last year (and didnt get in) however Im trying to rebook them but it is saying I have to wait until 2016!?! I passed first time, so I don't understand what's going on? xxx
Reply 1536
Do referees see all your application including your personal statement? I've sent it now.,,,very nervous!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya, please can anyone give me any advice? I have a 2:1 in BSc Biology, but only a D in GCSE Science.... I completed an Access to Higher Education to get onto my degree course. Am I able to apply for a PGCE without a C in Science taking into account my other qualifications? Many thanks

If you're applying to primary, no. If you're applying for secondary, yes.
Reply 1538
No, you pay and officially send once the references are sorted out!

Thanks! :smile:

Hope they hurry up then!
Reply 1539
Just an odd question - not for me but family member. Under GCSE info on application - how do you give 2 sep English results and 3 sep scence ones?
Many thanks
P

Latest

Trending

Trending