The Student Room Group

Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Hey I couldn't see this thread anywhere so I thought I would create it.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have also applied to Nottingham :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 206oste
I have also applied to Nottingham :smile:

Thats awesome how did you do in the GAMSAT and is this your first time applying ?
Reply 3
Heya guys,

I've not applied this year (couldn't afford it) but I'm going to be applying next year. I've already done the GAMSAT and have a score of 65 (66 using the alternative calculation), going to keep an eye on this thread so I have more information for when I do apply.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by M150
Heya guys,

I've not applied this year (couldn't afford it) but I'm going to be applying next year. I've already done the GAMSAT and have a score of 65 (66 using the alternative calculation), going to keep an eye on this thread so I have more information for when I do apply.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get an interview with that score even with the reduced places the cut off with someone with a 2:1 is 59. Luckily this year I got 60 and have a 1st so I'm hopefully
Reply 5
Original post by EBG92
You'll get an interview with that score even with the reduced places the cut off with someone with a 2:1 is 59. Luckily this year I got 60 and have a 1st so I'm hopefully

Yeah pretty confident. Now just working on building up my work experience and saving like crazy. As long as the government doesn't pull the funding I should be good to interview next year.

How's your interview prep going? Do you know roughly when Notts does interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by M150
Yeah pretty confident. Now just working on building up my work experience and saving like crazy. As long as the government doesn't pull the funding I should be good to interview next year.

How's your interview prep going? Do you know roughly when Notts does interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even thought about interview prep until they send me an interview confirmation. I don't want to jinx myself too soon.
I have a fair amount of experience and working this year to save for the first year payment etc etc.
Sounds you have a good plan going buddy
Reply 7
Original post by EBG92
Thats awesome how did you do in the GAMSAT and is this your first time applying ?
Yes it's my first time applying. Went really well :smile: 74 Although all I have heard from Nottingham is that they have released their cut off score.
Reply 8
Original post by 206oste
Yes it's my first time applying. Went really well :smile: 74 Although all I have heard from Nottingham is that they have released their cut off score.

Yeah they haven't sent out invites yet but they're mass email pretty much rejected anyone below 59 today. 74 is an awesome score "go hard and go fast" comes to mind haha
Reply 9
Original post by EBG92
Yeah they haven't sent out invites yet but they're mass email pretty much rejected anyone below 59 today. 74 is an awesome score "go hard and go fast" comes to mind haha

Thanks! How did you do? Where else have you applied? I was very surprised to be honest. I'm new to this whole forum thing so sorry if you have answered those questions elsewhere.
Reply 10
Original post by 206oste
Thanks! How did you do? Where else have you applied? I was very surprised to be honest. I'm new to this whole forum thing so sorry if you have answered those questions elsewhere.

I'm new too and still confused as well so don't worry.

I've applied to Swansea, Notts, Newcastle and Warwick.

I thought I'd hedge my bets and do 2 UKCAT and 2 GAMSAT

I got (57 68 55) 60 in the GAMSAT but last year I got 57 and just missed out.

Is Nottingham your first choice ?
Reply 11
Original post by EBG92
I'm new too and still confused as well so don't worry.

I've applied to Swansea, Notts, Newcastle and Warwick.

I thought I'd hedge my bets and do 2 UKCAT and 2 GAMSAT

I got (57 68 55) 60 in the GAMSAT but last year I got 57 and just missed out.

Is Nottingham your first choice ?
Yes Nottingham is my first choice when I went to look around I really liked it and it's local(ish). Is it your first choice? I had a quick look through other posts on different boards and it appears that few people have applied to Notts compared to other places.
Reply 12
Original post by 206oste
Yes Nottingham is my first choice when I went to look around I really liked it and it's local(ish). Is it your first choice? I had a quick look through other posts on different boards and it appears that few people have applied to Notts compared to other places.

Yeah it is, I loved the Grad building at the back of Royal Derby Infirmary. I also spent a lot of time in Notts as my girlfriend studied Law there, it is a really cool city.
Reply 13
Does anyone know why Nottingham hold their interviews much later than other GEM courses?
Reply 14
Original post by 206oste
Does anyone know why Nottingham hold their interviews much later than other GEM courses?

It could have something to do with the the work experience form you have to fill out before interview and then they spot check to see if you were honest.
Reply 15
Original post by EBG92
It could have something to do with the the work experience form you have to fill out before interview and then they spot check to see if you were honest.

I hadn't even considered that, sound logic though.
Hey, has anyone heard anything more from Nottingham after the cut-off e-mail went out?
Reply 17
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Hey, has anyone heard anything more from Nottingham after the cut-off e-mail went out?

No unfortunately I suspect it will be next week or first week of Dec before we do :frown:
Original post by EBG92
No unfortunately I suspect it will be next week or first week of Dec before we do :frown:

Oh pants, I do so hate the waiting!
Reply 19
Has anyone who has met the cut off heard anything else since the mass email ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending