The Student Room Group

Predicted grades - applying as external candidate

How do you predict yourself apparently there is a box somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
bump plz any one
If you are applying as an external candidate, you still need a referee. Your referee should enter your predicted grades. Ideally, you want an accademic reference, but if you can't get one, and your referee is unsure of how to predict your grades, do be sensible about predicting them.

If you achieved, say BBB at AS, and predict yourself A*A*A* at A2, universities will think these are unrealistic, and not pay any attention to them.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
If you are applying as an external candidate, you still need a referee. Your referee should enter your predicted grades. Ideally, you want an accademic reference, but if you can't get one, and your referee is unsure of how to predict your grades, do be sensible about predicting them.

If you achieved, say BBB at AS, and predict yourself A*A*A* at A2, universities will think these are unrealistic, and not pay any attention to them.

My referee is some random tutor from the college I was at last year...

she says

Just to clarify the situation about predicted grades; I am unable to supply predicted grades for UCAS as you are no longer a student at X COLLEGE and are not under the direct supervision of X COLLEGE staff. However I have mentioned in your reference that you are resitting some modules in order to further improve your grades in the summer.

So she hasn't predicted me any grades i'm confused :s-smilie:

My mate who was on a gap year said there is a box on the education section in which you predict yourself?
Reply 4
I submitted my application without any predicted grades since my referee didn't want to provide any (because teachers usually don't do it in Germany) and the universities told me that it is not obligatory or a premise to do so, if it is not possible. They will look at the grades you've achieved and consider from there on. But that's the only information I got as an EU-student, not really sure how it's like in the UK.
Yes, if all the universities you are applying to agree to it, you can apply without predicted grades, or even without a reference. I'm not sure that there's any way for your to enter your own predicted grades though.
Original post by Hanover
I submitted my application without any predicted grades since my referee didn't want to provide any (because teachers usually don't do it in Germany) and the universities told me that it is not obligatory or a premise to do so, if it is not possible. They will look at the grades you've achieved and consider from there on. But that's the only information I got as an EU-student, not really sure how it's like in the UK.

Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Yes, if all the universities you are applying to agree to it, you can apply without predicted grades, or even without a reference. I'm not sure that there's any way for your to enter your own predicted grades though.

How do you find out which uni's allow this?
Can someone who is 100 percent sure clarify something for me...

Should I ask my tutor to predict me the grades I think i will get or what?

Or doesn't it matter as the unis will use the info already provided?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_

You email/ring the ones you are applying to and explain your situation and ask.
Reply 9
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_

I asked all the Unis I want to apply to and they told me that,
Please note that it may be only eligible for overseas students, not UK.
My mate said there is a box in the education section.... why did he say this I cant find the box.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending