The Student Room Group

would you be friends with the other gender if there was no sex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Three guys said no? What is this?

And what is it that women say all the time 'All men are the same'
ahah this proves they are not! :biggrin:
Original post by mrhedgehog

Nah, they are all the same, just some are more honest/self-aware than others :tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by mrhedgehog

Strong irony brah, strong irony... :P
Reply 23
Original post by Alpha brah
I'm asserting my alphaness all over TSR. 46503_428813272225_351749002225_4765972_47404_n.jpeg

To stay on topic, it's really sad quite a large number of people are socially stunted to the degree they're incapable of forming friendships with half the human race, TBH. I quite pity them.

as stunning as your alphaness is!! not sure I want to see it all over TSR.

friendship is friendship regardless of gender.
Reply 24
I have a couple of friends who are men, I don't solely surround myself with men but I do enjoy their company. The majority of my friends happen to be female.
My partner needs to be:

1. Capable of giving me a good time, in one way or another
2. Be good at cooking
3. Not wear anything chavvy
4. Know what football is

If they fail at even one of those things, then I may as well be straight. :rolleyes:
Obviously. I generally prefer guys to girls, they're easier to talk to, easier to have a laugh with and are a lot less bitchy. I've found they're much more loyal and trustworthy, too. Of course there are many lovely girls and I get along great with some (my best friend being a girl), but I think guys do make much better friends as a whole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
My partner needs to be:

1. Capable of giving me a good time, in one way or another
2. Be good at cooking
3. Not wear anything chavvy
4. Know what football is

If they fail at even one of those things, then I may as well be straight. :rolleyes:

Be sure as hell you are ticking all the boxes in that list :rolleyes:
Original post by Lucy96
Obviously. I generally prefer guys to girls, they're easier to talk to, easier to have a laugh with and are a lot less bitchy. I've found they're much more loyal and trustworthy, too. Of course there are many lovely girls and I get along great with some (my best friend being a girl), but I think guys do make much better friends as a whole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:unimpressed: You're just feeding the 'women are only good for sex' attitude, you know. It's stupid to suggest that one gender makes a better friend that another when there is so much variety between people within each gender. I have found that men talk about people behind their backs as much as women, but when they do it it doesn't get classed as bitching (unless they are gay). It's seen as venting, or worse, banter.
Original post by Lucy96
Obviously. I generally prefer guys to girls, they're easier to talk to, easier to have a laugh with and are a lot less bitchy. I've found they're much more loyal and trustworthy, too. Of course there are many lovely girls and I get along great with some, but I think guys do make much better friends as a whole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I tend to share more interests with males than females.
Reply 30
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're easier to talk to, have a laugh with, more loyal, trustworthy and better friends because they secretly want sex from you.
Original post by ArtGoblin
:unimpressed: You're just feeding the 'women are only good for sex' attitude, you know. It's stupid to suggest that one gender makes a better friend that another when there is so much variety between people within each gender. I have found that men talk about people behind their backs as much as women, but when they do it it doesn't get classed as bitching (unless they are gay). It's seen as venting, or worse, banter.

No I'm not, I've got some great girl friends who I love :tongue: it's my personal opinion, I didn't say it was a fact, hence "I think". Of course they do, I just prefer male company!
Original post by OU Student
Same. I tend to share more interests with males than females.

Me too!
Original post by Bassetts
They're easier to talk to, have a laugh with, more loyal, trustworthy and better friends because they secretly want sex from you.

Not true, I have several friends who are not like that in the slightest. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Lucy96
Not true, I have several friends who are not like that in the slightest. :tongue:
That's what you think. :wink2:
That's what you think. :wink2:

Haha :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true. I have a few friends who are easier to talk to, have a laugh with, etc. who are happily married and not in the least bit interested in a relationship. (neither am I)
I honestly don't see the point.
Loads of my friends are girls. Doesn't mean I want to bang them.
Like 80% of my friends are guys.

Honestly trying to connect with girls can be a nightmare sometimes. I have a few really good female friends, but on the whole, I think guys are easier to click with.
How is this even a question?! Of course I would ....
Original post by theorangebox
Like 80% of my friends are guys.

Honestly trying to connect with girls can be a nightmare sometimes. I have a few really good female friends, but on the whole, I think guys are easier to click with.

Definitely this.

I feel so much more relaxed around boys than I do girls!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending