The Student Room Group

How do I fix my sleeping pattern? It is ****ed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
What in my post has warranted such a description? I don't even know what you wrote...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by That Bearded Man
Why EXACTLY are you being such an *******?

It's fine guys
Reply 21
**** it, your life is so miserable just spend your whole life in bed. I feel sorry for people to have to associate with you in person.
Sleeping pills.

If one doesn't do the trick try the whole packet
What in my post has warranted such a description? I don't even know what you wrote...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not to me, to the OP. Students come on here for advice from other students, I think it's reasonable to assume that not everyone who posts up a sad story is an attention-seeking troll. Nor did you have to belittle him about it - why should it matter to you.

Even after the smoke cleared you decided to assume that he wouldn't listen to the advise. Whatever thrill you got from that........
Original post by That Bearded Man
It's not to me, to the OP. Students come on here for advice from other students, I think it's reasonable to assume that not everyone who posts up a sad story is an attention-seeking troll. Nor did you have to belittle him about it - why should it matter to you.

Even after the smoke cleared you decided to assume that he wouldn't listen to the advise. Whatever thrill you got from that........

If you've noticed, I did suggest something already but as far as I'm aware, he doesn't listen to anyone's honest or helpful advice. This is why I'm not very hopeful.

And even then, what did I say that warranted what you said?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by christopher23
Sleeping pills.

That's not going to help in the long run, eventually he wouldn't be able to fall asleep unless he uses them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you've noticed, I did suggest something already but as far as I'm aware, he doesn't listen to anyone's honest or helpful advice. This is why I'm not very hopeful.

And even then, what did I say that warranted what you said?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah alright - you did try and give some productive advice so it was unfair to say that. Although you only gave OP like 3 hours
That's not going to help in the long run, eventually he wouldn't be able to fall asleep unless he uses them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is the worst case scenario.

Use a pill for a couple of nights to get you back into your normal routine. Getting hooked on sleeping pills is most likely down to people abusing them.
Reply 28
Dude, TL;DR. But it seems you've got some good points there. Points I can almost guarantee OP will completely disregard while still complaining about everything else wrong in his life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I'm not going to disregard them, stop assuming things. I have taken all the advice on this thread into account. I can relate to a lot of this post. I have fixed my sleeping pattern before, only for it to be ****ed again within a week or two.

Your gym point was a good one. I do feeling tired after the gym. I have been a few times at 8-9pm and afterwards, I have slept quite well. The problem with this is that the gym is packed full of knobheads hogging all the equipment at this time. I don't want to have to keep going up to everyone and asking "excuse me, how many sets do you have left?" or "is it possible for me to work in with you?". That stresses me out and leaves me in a bad mood. I like to go to the gym at a less busy time of the day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by christopher23
Sleeping pills.

where can i get sleeping pills? i remember taking night nurse and that did **** all to help me get to sleep. :redface: the whole packet, that sounds like a bad idea. :s-smilie:
Original post by Bassetts
where can i get sleeping pills? i remember taking night nurse and that did **** all to help me get to sleep. :redface: the whole packet, that sounds like a bad idea. :s-smilie:

Lol you can try another over the shelf product, you can get some from places like tesco and sainsburys.
Yeah, dont take the whole packet.
Reply 31
Original post by martin jol
getting laid helps
does it? how does it help? :redface:
Reply 32
i got about 2 hours sleep last night. i have lectures in the morning and a tutorial class in the early afternoon. i will stay awake until about 7-8pm then i will go to bed. lets do this. :dumbells:
Reply 33
it's getting tough. :yawn: i feel like going to bed but i must stay up for 4-5 hours more.
I was diagnosed with delayed sleep-phase syndrome/disorder clicky! I've been taking Agomelatine (25mg) for 3 months now and it's worked wonders. I fall asleep about 11PM and wake up at 8AM every day like clockwork.
Reply 35
Original post by Dopamine Dreams
I was diagnosed with delayed sleep-phase syndrome/disorder clicky! I've been taking Agomelatine (25mg) for 3 months now and it's worked wonders. I fall asleep about 11PM and wake up at 8AM every day like clockwork.
:eek: I think I suffer from this condition. 'otherwise DSPD is a lifelong condition' :frown: it might be lifelong for me, I am no longer an adolescent at 23 years old.
Reply 36
Try working night shifts and not being able to tell wherever today is Wednesday or Thursday :teehee:
does it? how does it help? :redface:

based on the amount you post about virginity and sex, it's clearly something you are very anxious about. getting laid would significantly diminish this anxiety. less anxiety = better sleep.
Reply 38
Original post by martin jol
based on the amount you post about virginity and sex, it's clearly something you are very anxious about. getting laid would significantly diminish this anxiety. less anxiety = better sleep.
i see your point.

woooo i've fixed my sleeping pattern. :woo: i got to bed at 8:45pm, got to sleep in about 15 minutes, woke up at about 4:30am, got up at 5am. i'm surprised i didnt need more sleep, 7 and a half hours is quite low after i got so little the night before. :s-smilie: i would also like to have woken up a bit later, maybe 6:30-7am. 5am is a little too early to do anything. :ashamed:
i see your point.

woooo i've fixed my sleeping pattern. :woo: i got to bed at 8:45pm, got to sleep in about 15 minutes, woke up at about 4:30am, got up at 5am. i'm surprised i didnt need more sleep, 7 and a half hours is quite low after i got so little the night before. :s-smilie: i would also like to have woken up a bit later, maybe 6:30-7am. 5am is a little too early to do anything. :ashamed:

glad ur ok, im still ****ed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending