The Student Room Group

Insignificant Countries Representation on the MUN

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Will95206
Nice I really hope we can get the banner up for both of them. It will be a shame if we cannot as otherwise communities like this will suffer if people are unaware of them! Without an in flux of members communities could die out...

Unfortunately the MUN does not have the Mass PM like the MHofC does to help attract new members so this will be a real boost! Perhaps there could be more of an influence on the MUN if we do get it because the MHofC has the General Election to get their awareness!

If we can get both SC, DSG, Speaker and the D Speaker to join the proposals perhaps 4 CA will have more weight than just 2 CA's?

Or would a petition of MUN and MHofC member's be a good idea as well to gain influence?

I'll make every attempt to the get the banner up and running. One of the Community Team is also asking the graphics team to design us some TSR style graphics for promos on Facebook and Twitter...

We do lack the big events like General Elections. I think the only thing we have similar to this is hypes, but it relies on people representing a country to be able to accurately comment and for it to flow naturally. Summits (written into the Charter) could be a good way of getting people together. Anyone got any summit ideas?

That's a good point, I'll contact Toronto and ask him for his thoughts and when we get a new DSG I'll let them in on the discussions. miser is also part of the Mod team and SC so he could help influence.

I'll talk to Jarred about the petition idea, I'm not sure at the moment about that. I don't want it to be like a campaign!

Original post by Superunknown17
I think increasing the levels of activity would prove to be more effective than the banner (I'm not saying don't do the banner, it's still very beneficial) but I just wouldn't pin all your hopes on attracting more members, you may get a few but they won't be swarming the forum in their droves.

Having said that, if people come here and see a forum alive with activity which obviously we're all trying to make happen then the new members may be more inclined to stay rather than stay for a few days/weeks and then drift off.

Definitely, the banner is a side on. The main focus is to get those in positions currently to comment on as much as they can, once we've got people we need to keep them! There's lots of stuff going on at the moment in terms of resolutions, elections so there's no excuse really but more can be started up.

A new hype could be in the pipeline. I'd love someone to write a position paper and also I'm looking for ideas to base a summit on.
The thing about members having banners in their signatures is that it is only effective if they comment in forums beyond the MHoC and the MUN, otherwise we're advertising internally. We had a spike under Birchington where most members has country banners but I don't think it did much to bring in new members, but they did look pretty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Does anyone know how to out a green party logo on top of a German Flag?
Reply 23
Well this discussion of insignificant countries opened the debate for activity and now have something to work this to help improve activity.

I echo H_T question how do you put a country flag into someone's avatar?
Original post by Will95206
Well this discussion of insignificant countries opened the debate for activity and now have something to work this to help improve activity.

I echo H_T question how do you put a country flag into someone's avatar?

Get a picture of the flag and insert it like you have done with your party's logo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Get a picture of the flag and insert it like you have done with your party's logo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it possible to have the avart with a small pic of the flag on the top right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending