The Student Room Group

How do you get an a*?

Ok, so I know you have to have achieved 80+ UMS (a) at AS, but for a2, do you have to have 90% for both/all modules ( for me this is coursework and the exam)...or overall? so i could have 85 ums in coursework and 95 UMS in the exam? :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by Maisie10
Ok, so I know you have to have achieved 80+ UMS (a) at AS

No you don't :no:

You need to average at least 80% UMS over the whole A-Level and average at least 90% UMS over the A2.
Ok, so I know you have to have achieved 80+ UMS (a) at AS, but for a2, do you have to have 90% for both/all modules ( for me this is coursework and the exam)...or overall? so i could have 85 ums in coursework and 95 UMS in the exam? :confused:

You don't need to have got an A at AS. You can get one with a B, too. Even a C, but you'd need full marks at A2 (I think). But you need 180/200 overall at A2 to get the A*. So you could get full marks in coursework, drop 20 UMS in the exam and still get an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lucy96
You don't need to have got an A at AS. You can get one with a B, too. Even a C, but you'd need full marks at A2 (I think). But you need 180/200 overall at A2 to get the A*. So you could get full marks in coursework, drop 20 UMS in the exam and still get an A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you. so to clear it up, its 90 UMS average over the a2 modules rather than 90 ums in each one?
Reply 4
ok thank you. so to clear it up, its 90 UMS average over the a2 modules rather than 90 ums in each one?
Yes it is average 90% for all subjects.

Yes :smile:
Reply 6
thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest