Maths - overall B (4 ums off :frown: )
C1 - A
C2 - B
M1 - B

Chemistry - overall B
Unit 1 - B
Unit 2 - B
Unit 3 - B

This year I feel I understand Maths and Chemistry much better, and all the stuff from last year makes much more sense (Trig, organic chem etc)

I'm definitely putting the work in this year and I am on track for AAA or possibly higher so far into the year.

I'm predicted A*AA even though my AS grades were only ABB.

How bad would it be if I put in my module grades?

My first choice is University of Birmingham, and the majority of the universities will ask for the A* in Maths, which I do believe I can get with enough work, but I am just afraid that my B grade in it from last year will be held against me when offers are being made, and I'm unsure about showing them my module grades..
Reply 1
I would leave it out personally. Get your referee to justify your narrow ums miss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just put them in for maths, this shows you can achieve an A. The others are unnecessary really. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jkizer
I would leave it out personally. Get your referee to justify your narrow ums miss

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decisions decisions..

How would I justify my narrow UMS miss? I definitely know that I messed up in the exam, and I was less confident last year, but I'm sure they have all heard it before :/
Original post by TheBBQ
Decisions decisions..

How would I justify my narrow UMS miss? I definitely know that I messed up in the exam, and I was less confident last year, but I'm sure they have all heard it before :/

You don't justify it, it would be a waste of characters in your PS. Your referee needs to explain you were only a few marks off an A last year, and you are doing retakes ect to give yourself the best possible chance of getting a high grade this year.

However, some universities may still feel it is unrealistic for you to get an A* in maths this year. Therefore, it would be best to apply to at least 3-4 universities that don't specifically ask for an A* in maths. Even though you are predicted A*AA, it would be a mistake to apply for lots of courses asking for these grades, as your AS grades will make you a weaker applicant. You also need a sensible insurance option in case you don't make the grades this summer.

If you do manage to achieve the A*, there will be options open to you, such as going through adjustment, or taking a gap year and reapplying. I know universities can be a bit funny about gap years for maths, but if you continued with some maths study (e.g. taking further maths A-level) I believe this is something they would consider.
Reply 5
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito

I have some back-up options already, only two of my five courses ask for the A* in Maths :smile:

I'm studying Further Maths in my own time currently alongside my studies this year too.

I'll get my referee to write that down, thanks !
Original post by TheBBQ
I have some back-up options already, only two of my five courses ask for the A* in Maths :smile:

I'm studying Further Maths in my own time currently alongside my studies this year too.

I'll get my referee to write that down, thanks !

That's alright then.

Anyway, to answer your actual origional question, I probably wouldn't bother with module grades. They're only really worth putting in if they are really impressive, and mostly universities don't expect to see them.

Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
That's alright then.

Anyway, to answer your actual origional question, I probably wouldn't bother with module grades. They're only really worth putting in if they are really impressive, and mostly universities don't expect to see them.

Good luck with your application :smile:

Thank you, and good luck to you too!

Sent my applicatoin off last night :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest