The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
So what did everyone get then? :tongue:

I got:
Seikon no Qwaser
Welcome to the NHK
Perfect Blue

A nice collection indeed, thank you santa :biggrin: shall watch all three I think.

:rofl: Beautiful.

Mine were:

Zero no Tsukaima F - I've seen three series of ZnT already, so know what to expect. Thanks for reminding me the fourth one existed, Santa! :smile:

Kill me Baby - I sampled the first episode when it first came out, and remember loving the OP, but not much else. :o: I barely picked up anything from the Winter '12 season in the end (which is when this and ZnT F aired), so it'll be good to fill in some of the gaps in my anime record. :biggrin:

Beelzebub - I was half expecting Bleach, Naruto or some other long shounen series to crop up, so thanks for picking a more manageable one! :biggrin: Quite highly rated too, and unlike the others I've not even seen the first episode, so this will be all new to me.

I think I'll start with Kill me Baby, as I could probably marathon that tomorrow, but I'll make an effort to get and watch the other two as well. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
My ones are:
Jojos Bizarre Adventure (2012) ANIME
Jojos Bizarre Adventure MANGA
Hataraku Maou-Sama ANIME
I think I'll be giving Hataraku a shot first. I'm going in blind with these serieses :biggrin:.
Wow that last Little Busters ep' was so confusing :lol: I had a guess in my head what was going on though and after reading some minor VN spoilers from MAL I think i'm right. Either way this series is just getting ever more mysterious :holmes:
i got

Angel Beats
Steins;Gate
Deadman Wonderland

:yeah:

had them on want to watch list for a while, now i can finally start watching them :p:
Reply 6004
:hmmm: I wonder who sent these.
Graveyard of the fireflies
Nichijou
Spice and wolf
Choice 1: Hourou Musuko
Choice 2: Record of Lodoss War (the original OVA, not the '98 TV sequel)
Choice 3: Kaiji

First one seems REALLY weird, not sure if I'm ready for it :p: Will definitely be watching Kaiji, since it relates to my own interest. Record of Lodoss War also looks really good :biggrin:
Original post by vin
:hmmm: I wonder who sent these.
Graveyard of the fireflies
Nichijou
Spice and wolf

You haven't seen those before!? :zomg:

I'm half way through the first of my three (Kill Me Baby)... and I remember why I didn't pick it up myself now. The jokes were getting repetitive before the end of the first episode - and amazingly, it's barely changed the formula in the six eps that followed. :s: Wouldn't be so bad if it had more characters, even interactions with minor/background characters would be better than two (occasionally three) girls trolling each other in the same way over and over again...

...apologies, mystery Santa, I've just seen better examples of this genre (Azumanga Daioh, Minami-ke and Nichijou spring to mind). :redface: Am still looking forward to the other two choices, and if my opinion on Kill Me Baby changes in the second half, I'll post about it. :tongue:
:hahaha: vin

sad ep of Naruto :sad:

dont think i'll be able to start anything until the weekend, Steins;Gate first probs :teeth:
Original post by eugenius 8
:hahaha: vin

sad ep of Naruto :sad:

dont think i'll be able to start anything until the weekend, Steins;Gate first probs :teeth:

ive just finished steins:gate. I absolutely loved it.
Original post by Lord Fifa
ive just finished steins:gate. I absolutely loved it.

:cool: yeah ive heard great things about it, cant wait to start it :yep:
Finished Kill Me Baby... my opinion didn't change in the latter half. :p: Have started downloading Zero no Tsukaima F, which I'll probably marathon either this weekend or on my next day off. As for Beelzebub, I'll probably take that a bit slower, but hope to finish it before Christmas. :biggrin:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Finished Kill Me Baby... my opinion didn't change in the latter half. :p: Have started downloading Zero no Tsukaima F, which I'll probably marathon either this weekend or on my next day off. As for Beelzebub, I'll probably take that a bit slower, but hope to finish it before Christmas. :biggrin:

Why download when you can just easily stream it?
Just watched Perfect Blue for my first christmas present... my god I had no idea what I was getting into. Its effectively an anime black swan, pyschological is the right tag for this mental film! So creepy and disturbing as well :frown: However makes a change to some of the garbage thrillers i've seen :smile:

Although it did confuse me somewhat so I had to wiki it just to check I was right :tongue: Next up is Seikon no Qwaser... the series described on MAL as the best ecchi anime short of hentai :hubba: Not that I mind too much :colone:
Noukome never fails to make me laugh :mmm: gotta love that vibration :bhangra:
Original post by Dilzo999
Why download when you can just easily stream it?

You make it sound as though downloading isn't easy. :confused: Anyway, its partly for the higher quality sound and video, but mostly because I'm a hoarder, and I've been doing so for 8 years. :yes:

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Next up is Seikon no Qwaser... the series described on MAL as the best ecchi anime short of hentai :hubba: Not that I mind too much :colone:

Just so you know, the TV airing of Qwaser is ridiculously censored, there are chunks over a minute long where it cuts to a still background shot, and your only clue about what's happening off-screen is the audio. :giggle: So unless you deliberately want to avoid the ecchi and watch it for the plot (which I'm assuming wasn't what Santa had in mind :p:), best to make sure you're watching the BD/DVD rip, or the original web streams. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6015
Mine were:

Mitsudomoe
Genshiken
Hana-Saku Iroha

Interesting choices. I saw the first episode for both Mitsudomoe and Genshiken when they were airing, and with Hana-Saku Iroha, a few episodes. However, I postponed them in favour of others that were airing during their broadcast season.

As I've mentioned before on here, I have a pet peeve of sorts for otaku related anime, so I've always been put off watching Genshiken for that reason. I guess now that it's one of my Secret Santa choices, I have to overcome this. :redface:

I'll probably make a start this weekend on one of them. :smile:
I download with the intention of buying later (of which I have bought 2 anime series, one on Blu Ray and one on DVD). =l

Download the episode/movie
Convert to MKV file
Place on portable hard drive to watch on Blu Ray player and watch on TV. =D
Reply 6017
You haven't seen those before!? :zomg:

I'm half way through the first of my three (Kill Me Baby)... and I remember why I didn't pick it up myself now. The jokes were getting repetitive before the end of the first episode - and amazingly, it's barely changed the formula in the six eps that followed. :s: Wouldn't be so bad if it had more characters, even interactions with minor/background characters would be better than two (occasionally three) girls trolling each other in the same way over and over again...

...apologies, mystery Santa, I've just seen better examples of this genre (Azumanga Daioh, Minami-ke and Nichijou spring to mind). :redface: Am still looking forward to the other two choices, and if my opinion on Kill Me Baby changes in the second half, I'll post about it. :tongue:

I always meant to but .. well I never made time for them, especially grave of the fireflies.:erm: Nichijo I didnt really care for the first ep.:nah:
Original post by Aiko
Mine were:

Mitsudomoe
Genshiken
Hana-Saku Iroha

Interesting choices. I saw the first episode for both Mitsudomoe and Genshiken when they were airing, and with Hana-Saku Iroha, a few episodes. However, I postponed them in favour of others that were airing during their broadcast season.

As I've mentioned before on here, I have a pet peeve of sorts for otaku related anime, so I've always been put off watching Genshiken for that reason. I guess now that it's one of my Secret Santa choices, I have to overcome this. :redface:

I'll probably make a start this weekend on one of them. :smile:

Ill bet the person who had to find something for you had a hard time.:sadnod:

Whilst some otaku series tend to exaggerate things, genshiken is more grounded in reality if i remember correctly. Nidaime is a bit less so.:erm: ..hato.:s: But it was a good insight into things like comiket and such.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6018
Original post by vin
Ill bet the person who had to find something for you had a hard time.:sadnod:

I do have a rather extensive 'want to watch' list on A-P, which should make things a lot easier. :tongue:

Whilst some otaku series tend to exaggerate things, genshiken is more grounded in reality if i remember correctly. Nidaime is a bit less so.:erm: ..hato.:s: But it was a good insight into things like comiket and such.

That's good to know. I'll probably start this one first.

Also, come onto Skype? :smile:

Just so you know, the TV airing of Qwaser is ridiculously censored, there are chunks over a minute long where it cuts to a still background shot, and your only clue about what's happening off-screen is the audio. :giggle: So unless you deliberately want to avoid the ecchi and watch it for the plot (which I'm assuming wasn't what Santa had in mind :p:), best to make sure you're watching the BD/DVD rip, or the original web streams. :smile:

Watched the first episode and think it was a censored one which defeated the point :yes: shall have to find the DVD one. It appears i'm in for another mind**** with this series :tongue:

EDIT: Yes it was the censored one... the story doesn't even make sense when its censored :confused: think youtube may have a few one.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest