The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NedStark
So how's LSE Friday going for people? Anyone heard something?

Nah not yet but not really expected to as i'm only 2 weeks through my 5 week email.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Not yet but tbf, I'm only 4 weeks into my 5 week email
Expecting a cheeky rejection any day now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1962
Original post by Portia1993
Not yet but tbf, I'm only 4 weeks into my 5 week email
Expecting a cheeky rejection any day now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same.

Nothing yet. However, today is the last day of my 5 week period so there is a slight possibility that I might hear something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1964
Original post by The-Illusionist
Haha, it's actually become Thursday and Friday, I just heard from a friend; he achieved an offer for Law and anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Social Ilyas
Reply 1965
Two days over my five week period - please LSE, anytime now would be good.
Original post by hvrey
Two days over my five week period - please LSE, anytime now would be good.

I'm in exactly the same position as you - keep me posted if you hear anything.
Reply 1967
Arghhh! Omg!!

Just received an email from LSE that "following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle" blah blah that email haha!

I applied for law and this was one week after my 5 week deadline!!

Finally they did something :smile: What about everyone else?
Original post by Nik13
Arghhh! Omg!!

Just received an email from LSE that "following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle" blah blah that email haha!

I applied for law and this was one week after my 5 week deadline!!

Finally they did something :smile: What about everyone else?

Nope, haven't received this email ;(
What's the blah blah bit of the email? Does it say you have to wait a little longer or something?
This whole process is just killing me inside.
Reply 1969
Original post by QuestionsQ
Nope, haven't received this email ;(
What's the blah blah bit of the email? Does it say you have to wait a little longer or something?
This whole process is just killing me inside.

"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Are you applying for law?
Original post by Nik13
"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Yep. Not feeling too confident now either.
Reply 1971
Original post by Nik13

I got the same e-mail last week.
Reply 1972

Don't worry, we're only two days over, we'll probably hear next week (Thursday to be exact).

Do not despair! I will let you know if I hear anything, and let me know vice versa?
Original post by hvrey
Don't worry, we're only two days over, we'll probably hear next week (Thursday to be exact).

Do not despair! I will let you know if I hear anything, and let me know vice versa?

Yeah, will do.
Reply 1974
Yeah, will do.

I see you're applying to Corpus Christi as well - please do let me know if you hear from them!

I've applied to Keble.

I wish you all the luck.
Reply 1975

Nooooo! Dont stress! Honestly, they are just going really slowww thats all! Trust me, as much as you would hate to hear this, just hang on a little longer :smile:
Original post by Nik13
Nooooo! Dont stress! Honestly, they are just going really slowww thats all! Trust me, as much as you would hate to hear this, just hang on a little longer :smile:

Ahaha, I'll try. The funny thing is, I went through this whole process last year too (I'm a post-A2 applicant). The difference is, however, that this year I have far too much time to focus on the admissions process. There's very little to distract me away from it!
Reply 1977
Original post by yxcai
I got the same e-mail last week.

Oh congratulations! Are you from the UK?
Reply 1978
Ahaha, I'll try. The funny thing is, I went through this whole process last year too (I'm a post-A2 applicant). The difference is, however, that this year I have far too much time to focus on the admissions process. There's very little to distract me away from it!

Hahahah! Well Im an Australian applicant so I don't really have any idea whats going on hahah so its just a lot a lot a lot of waiting hahah! And I'm on like 2.5 months of holidays so that just makes it worse :frown:
Reply 1979
Now 4 weeks in my 5 week e-mail wait. Just received an e-mail from Oxford that they will not be inviting me to interview. UGH. Feeling pretty low. If I can't even get an interview at Oxford, what are the chances that LSE is going to seriously consider me as a strong applicant.LOL
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending