The Student Room Group

I love this guy but unsure how I can make him fall for me?

hey everyone. sorry for this but I need your help. All of u TSR :frown:

Thing is, I'm a guy, and only found out I'm bisexual after I fell for this guy (dunno what about him that made me so attracted to him).

Anyway, we're both in uni, I'm 21, he's 19. we talk occasionally but he's closer to my best friend Michelle. I've been obsessing with this guy for nearly a year; I can't get him out of my head, he's all I think about, etc etc ..i think u guys get the rest.

Anyway, so Michelle has been helping me find out if he's gay or bi at the very least. Apparently she has this "gaydar" which I don't really believe in and she honestly believes he's gay.

Anyway, there are a few signs that might suggest he's gay, but then last time, Michelle had a convo with him about gay people and stuff and he said he doesn't have a problem with them and I dunno he said something and michelle replied is that a fact or are you talking from experience with a winky face. (Bless her soul, she's really trying hard to find out and hook us up together). (this wad done all through texting between them btw) so he just laughed and said maybe, or something along those lines.

now Michelle is convinced he's gay, but i need more proof. Me and him, we share a lot in common, our hobbies, interests, what we like, and even Michelle told us our personalities are alike and said we'd match and be such a cute couple. Oh and get this, we have the same first name :tongue:

Bottom line, I really really want him to be gay and we're so close (well Michelle is) to finding out if he is, but she needs to hang out more with him so he can open up. Him and her, they're close, but not THAT close.

My question to you Tsrians, is that once I (hopefully) find out he's gay or bi, how would I make a move? I know it sounds pathetic and stuff, but I really don't want to friend-zone myself, which is why I'm not making much of an effort to talk to him a lot (mostly because I'm shy and get nervous around him but that's another reason!) I just want him so bad :colondollar:

how would I go on about and make him realize that i like him? Should i tell him I'm bisexual or what? What subtle hints should I throw to him? I've never ever dated anyone so I don't really know how this all works.

Thank you so much for listening and I really apologize for the long thread!
Reply 1
I have no idea...maybe you could get Michelle to mention that you are to him?
Watch I'm a Celebrity with him and when they have to eat testicles you could be like, "How do you feel about testicles?"

Although the best solution is probably the one above.
Reply 3
Original post by nombo

but do you think that would be wise at this stage? I mean we're barely acquaintances/friends..
Reply 4
Original post by nombo

or do u think it's better I tell him myself that I am once I get to know him? He's coming clubbing with us this weekend, so maybe there's my chance to tell him?
Reply 5
bump :frown:
I think it's best if you find out what his sexuality is first. There's no point in planning your moves it you don't even know if you can approach him or not.

If you find out he is, just get Michelle to say something in passing, talk about you and see how he acts, if he acts warm or not.
Reply 7
Original post by stargirl63
I think it's best if you find out what his sexuality is first. There's no point in planning your moves it you don't even know if you can approach him or not.

If you find out he is, just get Michelle to say something in passing, talk about you and see how he acts, if he acts warm or not.

I'll try to :frown: in a few days, we're going out for dinner (my first outing with him!) me, michelle, him and his friend. I'll be so nervous and shy and wont know what to talk to him! I wouldn't even be able to look him straight in the eye! Any advice? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I'll try to :frown: in a few days, we're going out for dinner (my first outing with him!) me, michelle, him and his friend. I'll be so nervous and shy and wont know what to talk to him! I wouldn't even be able to look him straight in the eye! Any advice? :frown:

Just talk to him and come out of your shell. Why do you like him? Because clearly you haven't really spoken to him that much.
Reply 9
Original post by stargirl63
Just talk to him and come out of your shell. Why do you like him? Because clearly you haven't really spoken to him that much.

I honestly don't know why I like him, I just know I do. I've NEVER felt like this for anyone before :frown:
Reply 10
awwww you're so sweet haha, I can tell that you really do fancy the guy

well I think you should definitely drop in something with your sexuality. I mean if he hears that you aren't straight then he could possibly be interested, especially if he's not secure in his sexuality himself. but don't forget, there's still no concrete proof that he is gay/bi so don't get your hopes too high up. and you don't know him very well.

definitely speak to him when you guys hang out and ask him questions and seem like you're interested. your crush is on the line, so man up and you have to come out of your shell and look him in the eyes! :wink:

have you been to dinner with him yet?
Reply 11
Original post by TheJay92
awwww you're so sweet haha, I can tell that you really do fancy the guy

well I think you should definitely drop in something with your sexuality. I mean if he hears that you aren't straight then he could possibly be interested, especially if he's not secure in his sexuality himself. but don't forget, there's still no concrete proof that he is gay/bi so don't get your hopes too high up. and you don't know him very well.

definitely speak to him when you guys hang out and ask him questions and seem like you're interested. your crush is on the line, so man up and you have to come out of your shell and look him in the eyes! :wink:

have you been to dinner with him yet?

haha thank you :tongue: Can I please pm you?
Reply 12
haha thank you :tongue: Can I please pm you?

yeah sure, go for it
awh thats cute
and im sorry but the same first name?!
thats the first ive heard
but just arrange some time out to hang out, and slowly make conversations along the specific lines to find out if he is gay or not, and then bamn, go out plz, okay awwh x x
Reply 14
awh thats cute
and im sorry but the same first name?!
thats the first ive heard
but just arrange some time out to hang out, and slowly make conversations along the specific lines to find out if he is gay or not, and then bamn, go out plz, okay awwh x x

yeah same first name haha.

That's the thing; he always says he's busy. Next weekend though, he promised Michelle he'll come clubbing with us. Any tips what I can do?
yeah same first name haha.

That's the thing; he always says he's busy. Next weekend though, he promised Michelle he'll come clubbing with us. Any tips what I can do?

awh aha that so cute though
And omg thats great, just start a conversation up, like you're in a club, why dont you get your words out there i mean no one will judge, it'll be alright, be flaterring yanno :wink:

awh omg is it harder to talk to boys then girls then? :0
x x x

Quick Reply