The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fen2k
I have so much love for my lecturer right now. I submitted my form last night (2100) and he's already done my reference.

Yeh my personal tutor was very quick, too. Aren't they awesome! Just waiting for the head teacher of the school I volunteered at, now!
Reply 1581
Today is the day I've set aside for filling in the application and sending off to references, but I'll be doing it at university so will no doubt forget some document I need. If that's the case, then either late tonight, or tomorrow, will probably see it actually sent off. Then the waiting begins...
Original post by Fen2k
I have so much love for my lecturer right now. I submitted my form last night (2100) and he's already done my reference.

Original post by jeffercake
Yeh my personal tutor was very quick, too. Aren't they awesome! Just waiting for the head teacher of the school I volunteered at, now!

I know my personal tutor was really fast too, he did in like two hours. I think my headteacher reference is going to take a while, because it's sort of going via the teacher I know and then the headteacher, and I e-mailed the teacher last night just to say it may be easier if she gets the username and password off the head and does it herself, but I don't think the head has done anything yet :frown:
Original post by Airfairy
I know my personal tutor was really fast too, he did in like two hours. I think my headteacher reference is going to take a while, because it's sort of going via the teacher I know and then the headteacher, and I e-mailed the teacher last night just to say it may be easier if she gets the username and password off the head and does it herself, but I don't think the head has done anything yet :frown:

I think I'm going to be very cheeky and email the head and ask her if she can get it done today... :colondollar: I have my skills tests booked for Monday and obviously can't do them if I don't get this app sent off properly! If she doesn't do it by tomorrow, I'm going to have to rebook them. Boooo!

Also, she hasn't even 'accepted' the email yet!
Original post by jeffercake
I think I'm going to be very cheeky and email the head and ask her if she can get it done today... :colondollar: I have my skills tests booked for Monday and obviously can't do them if I don't get this app sent off properly! If she doesn't do it by tomorrow, I'm going to have to rebook them. Boooo!

Also, she hasn't even 'accepted' the email yet!

I know mine hasn't accepted either. I'm gonna hang on for today and see how it goes for next week. I have skills tests booked so I'm not in a rush in that sense, I'm in a personal rush because I'm inpatient :colone:
To the people who have done their skills test before, was it hard? i've read that it isn't as hard as the online tests!
Reply 1586
Original post by womanonamission
Does anyone know why it is saying i don't have the science requirements, even though i got 2 c's in science?! X

Have you got double science by any chance? This happened to me yesterday too. I nearly had heart failure! It's a glitch with the system. I was advised to enter it as a normal GCSE, then add another science in the additional GCSE bit. I hope this makes sense!
Reply 1587
Original post by sophiebath12
Good luck everyone!

Quick question....I want to apply for Schools Direct through the University of Gloucestershire...but it's not even coming up on the search, let alone showing it's open. When I search for Schools Direct programmes it comes up with a list of schools..is this right or am I looking in the wrong place? The school I work at now takes Schools Direct students through the Uni of Gloucestershire, so that would be ideal, but I can't find it! Any help would be appreciated. xxx

I think you apply to the school in which you want to teach, if it's there! It might be worth giving the uni a ring? I'm also applying to Gloucestershire, but as a PGCE. Good luck with your application!
Both references received and sent off!! Eeeeeeek! The waiting begins! Good luck, guys!!
Original post by principessakl
Both references received and sent off!! Eeeeeeek! The waiting begins! Good luck, guys!!

Same! Good luck!
Hey Everyone, first time poster, long time reader!

Just wanted to say; Good luck to everyone for this years application cycle! I'm so glad for the ball to be finally rolling!

I've received one reference back, just waiting for my Academic reference now and I can pay and send! Exciting stuff!

I'm applying for a Primary PGCE, anyone else?

:smile::biggrin::redface:
^^I'm applying for Primary too. Just sorting my references. Who have you used as yours? Where are you applying? :-)
Original post by Esmeralda4
^^I'm applying for Primary too. Just sorting my references. Who have you used as yours? Where are you applying? :-)

An academic tutor as my first referee, then one of my previous summer camp employers from America. Funnily enough he did his first and with the time difference it worked out about 8 am there, was rather surprised as i thought that would be last to come in!

How about you? Where are you applying ?
Original post by miss_disney
An academic tutor as my first referee, then one of my previous summer camp employers from America. Funnily enough he did his first and with the time difference it worked out about 8 am there, was rather surprised as i thought that would be last to come in!

How about you? Where are you applying ?

I have asked my personal tutor from uni and my manager from work. I wanted a reference from my school experience but timing meant that was a little difficult. Going to speak to a class teacher Monday though and see what she says -sending my application Monday evening.

I am applying to Derby, Nottingham Trent and Leicester. You?
Original post by Esmeralda4
I have asked my personal tutor from uni and my manager from work. I wanted a reference from my school experience but timing meant that was a little difficult. Going to speak to a class teacher Monday though and see what she says -sending my application Monday evening.

I am applying to Derby, Nottingham Trent and Leicester. You?

Sounds ace, :smile: Best of luck, and I'm applying to: Brighton, Chichester and Sussex

fingers crossed! :pingu::smile:
How long are you guys giving your references until you nudge them along a bit? I don't want to seem inpatient, but since some courses may close in two weeks, I want to send it off!
How long are you guys giving your references until you nudge them along a bit? I don't want to seem inpatient, but since some courses may close in two weeks, I want to send it off!

I was wondering the same, I sent a nice email to mine yesterday when I submitted it just confirming I had done so, and any probs to let me know, just a matter of waiting i guess :/
Original post by miss_disney
I was wondering the same, I sent a nice email to mine yesterday when I submitted it just confirming I had done so, and any probs to let me know, just a matter of waiting i guess :/

That's exactly what I did. I think if we were allowed to just get the teacher to do it and not the head, mine would have gone by now. I'm just waiting on him, he seems a bit slow and forgetful :frown:. May give them a nudge if it gets towards late next week.
That's exactly what I did. I think if we were allowed to just get the teacher to do it and not the head, mine would have gone by now. I'm just waiting on him, he seems a bit slow and forgetful :frown:. May give them a nudge if it gets towards late next week.

I've already emailed mine once today :colondollar: I'm going to have to rebook my skills tests if she doesn't do it by Sunday...
Hey, I'm filling in my application and am up to the school and work experience section. How much detail are we meant to put in this? I've listed out all my experience in the format

"from X date to X date I worked at Y school with this age of pupils, the duration of my placement was Z days"

but I have loads of space left! Are we meant to put details about how we found the placements, the work we did on them etc? Because I thought that's what the personal statement was for and this one was literally just for listing the dates of placements...

Also should I be including placements I've been accepted onto but haven't completed yet? For example "in early 2014 I will be completing a placement of X days at Y primary school?"

Latest

Trending

Trending