The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Perks25
Now 4 weeks in my 5 week e-mail wait. Just received an e-mail from Oxford that they will not be inviting me to interview. UGH. Feeling pretty low. If I can't even get an interview at Oxford, what are the chances that LSE is going to seriously consider me as a strong applicant.LOL

You have every chance!

I'm sorry to hear about Oxford, it is there loss!

May I ask what course/college did you apply for?

Trust me, you have every chance.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1981
Original post by Perks25
Now 4 weeks in my 5 week e-mail wait. Just received an e-mail from Oxford that they will not be inviting me to interview. UGH. Feeling pretty low. If I can't even get an interview at Oxford, what are the chances that LSE is going to seriously consider me as a strong applicant.LOL

For which subject?
Reply 1982
Original post by hvrey
You have every chance!

I'm sorry to hear about Oxford, it is there loss!

May I ask what course/college did you apply for?

Trust me, you have every chance.

Thanks! I applied to Harris Manchester for Law. Best of luck with your LSE application, too!
Reply 1983
Original post by Perks25
Thanks! I applied to Harris Manchester for Law. Best of luck with your LSE application, too!

Are you a mature student?

Do you mind me asking me your circumstances?

I only ask because I'm a mature student too + I've applied to Oxford too!
Reply 1984
Original post by hvrey
Are you a mature student?

Do you mind me asking me your circumstances?

I only ask because I'm a mature student too + I've applied to Oxford too!

That's awesome! Yes,I am a mature student. Did you apply to HMC? I did a module through the OU and am now doing the CertHE 'Legal Method' at Birkbeck. How about you? Good luck with your Oxford application!
Reply 1985
Original post by Perks25
That's awesome! Yes,I am a mature student. Did you apply to HMC? I did a module through the OU and am now doing the CertHE 'Legal Method' at Birkbeck. How about you? Good luck with your Oxford application!

I didn't even know HMC existed until after I applied! I applied to Keble college but having known what I do now I would have probably applied to HMC.

I actually didn't even know I could apply to do an Access Course so I've been doing A-Levels for the last two years.

I wish you all the luck in the world!
Reply 1986
My two weeks are up either today or Monday (do they count the weekend?)

Hoping I make it on to the 5 week email but I wont be surprised if I get a rejection :laugh:
Reply 1987
Original post by hvrey
I didn't even know HMC existed until after I applied! I applied to Keble college but having known what I do now I would have probably applied to HMC.

I actually didn't even know I could apply to do an Access Course so I've been doing A-Levels for the last two years.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Well, in all honesty, your ignorance might serve you well in this instance! Oxford does take students from Access courses, but by far, the majority of colleges at Oxford understand and respect A-levels more so than Access courses which offer a varying degree of academic prep. I hope it goes well for you.
Just received this:

'I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.'

This was for maths with econ, 7 week after I applied, having never received the 5 week email (hopefully that might reassure those who are panicking because they haven't received the 5 week email on time :smile:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow seems like the majority of ppl applied for maths with/and econ, I would never have stood a chance against these guys....thank god I "only" went for Philosophy and economics
Original post by President M.E.
Wow seems like the majority of ppl applied for maths with/and econ, I would never have stood a chance against these guys....thank god I "only" went for Philosophy and economics

There does seem to be a lot of us... For about 30 places for maths with econ :facepalm:
Original post by valerab
The funny thing is, is that my course isn't that popular in 2012 it only had 180 applicants and 14 places. I haven't even seen/heard of anyone applying for it apart from me lol

I've applied for Stats with Finance! Only got my 2-week email last week though 8-)
I just got rejected from Oxford today and was crying my eyes out until I got this from LSE: "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."

I just wanted to share my happiness :smile: And good luck to everyone!
Original post by bluebell_flames
Just received this:

'I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.'

This was for maths with econ, 7 week after I applied, having never received the 5 week email (hopefully that might reassure those who are panicking because they haven't received the 5 week email on time :smile:)

I applies for Maths with Eco as well , where else did u apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nik13
"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Are you applying for law?

Congratulations!!!!! I received an email too but it was a rejection:frown: For those who haven't received any replies means you still have high chance, don't worry.....Wish you all best of luck:smile:.....Felt disappointed but it was okay . The reason they gave me was that my personal statement wasn't good enough to demonstrate interest in their law programme(But come on, words are DECEIVING, how could they judge solely on a piece of paper and said I don't have sufficient passion, I felt offended:angry:)...Anyway,life still goes on:smile: I will definitely prove them wrong in future:smile:
Original post by thinkthings
TSR won't let me rate your post but congratulations on your LSE email! It sounds very optimistic : )

That does sound frustrating and if LSE were to reject me base on my PS, I'd feel the same : ( How many weeks past or into your 5-week email were you at?

Thank you :smile: Which subject have you applied for?
And I have nothing still, if it's a rejection might as well get it over with, takes an even bigger piss when they make you wait an age!
Original post by bird in water
I applies for Maths with Eco as well , where else did u apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for straight maths at Oxford, Warwick, Imperial and Durham (I've got an offer from Warwick, but haven't heard from the others yet). How about you? :smile:
No offence at all, but did anyone receive rejection so far from LSE? Just to find a little comfort here......This made me to wonder am I really that bad that I don't even deserve to be put in their "gathering pool"? (PS: I at least obtained AAAA at AS level and forecast of A*A*A*A* in A-level) *Sigh* This world is becoming more and more competitive...Feel bad for our future generations....haha...Now wait for other unis to reply....I think UCL probably will reject me on the same ground...
"I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Government programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take approximately seven weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me."

Got this just one week after I sent my application. Is it normal??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending