The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by Alemartin
"I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Government programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take approximately seven weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me."

Got this just one week after I sent my application. Is it normal??

It sounds like that means they're combining the 2 week email and 5 weeks email on one. And if that's true then I think it's normal. It took them a week to send me the 2 weeks email too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by thinkthings
I've applied for law as well : ) I'm 4 weeks into my 5 weeks email. This whole process really tests your sanity and patience :eek:

What are your other choices? And yes, it totally does! Tbh, don't bet on them emailing you right after your five weeks because I waited about seven :s-smilie:
TSR won't let me rate your post but congratulations on your LSE email! It sounds very optimistic : )

That does sound frustrating and if LSE were to reject me base on my PS, I'd feel the same : ( How many weeks past or into your 5-week email were you at?

I received my 5 weeks email on 21st of Oct....Good luck to you!!
Original post by applicant2014
No offence at all, but did anyone receive rejection so far from LSE? Just to find a little comfort here......This made me to wonder am I really that bad that I don't even deserve to be put in their "gathering pool"? (PS: I at least obtained AAAA at AS level and forecast of A*A*A*A* in A-level) *Sigh* This world is becoming more and more competitive...Feel bad for our future generations....haha...Now wait for other unis to reply....I think UCL probably will reject me on the same ground...

Can I be so bold as to ask you what your GCSE grades were?
Original post by QuestionsQ
Can I be so bold as to ask you what your GCSE grades were?

Hahaha...it's totally fine but I'm sorry, I din't take GCSE. I'm an international student actually. But I think international students are harder to get in compared with UK applicants right?
Heh, thanks for the warning! A mid-December decision would be a fantastic pre-Christmas gift but probably unlikely at this rate! I've also applied to Oxford (I have heard zilch from my college - anticipating a rejection!), UCL, King's and QMUL. Fingers-crossed for LSE though - my LNAT was a nightmare of an experience. How about you, where else are you applying?

Thank you! Best of luck with the rest of your apps.

Which college? My other choices are UCL, KCL, and Durham. I feel so weird just listing three more :frown: I thought my LNAT went well, but evidently not. It sucks even more, because I did it early by mistake and did really well, but my score expired, so I had to take it again, and did worse :mad:
YES! Got an email saying my application is strong enough to be considered further which takes approx 7 weeks woohoo!! Applying for BMS :smile:
Hahaha...it's totally fine but I'm sorry, I din't take GCSE. I'm an international student actually. But I think international students are harder to get in compared with UK applicants right?

I'm not quite sure exactly how it works. I don't know whether international students are compared in isolation or whether everyone is in competition with everyone else.

Where else did you apply?
Heh, thanks for the warning! A mid-December decision would be a fantastic pre-Christmas gift but probably unlikely at this rate! I've also applied to Oxford (I have heard zilch from my college - anticipating a rejection!), UCL, King's and QMUL. Fingers-crossed for LSE though - my LNAT was a nightmare of an experience. How about you, where else are you applying?

Thank you! Best of luck with the rest of your apps.

THANKS!!!OMG are you serious?? You applied for law programme to study at UCL, LSE, Oxford, KCL and QMUL ???? These are exactly my choices..SAME!!! Couldn't believe I actually found someone who applied same course and same 5 unis with me...Amazing!! Hav you received any replies yet? I received a conditional offer from qmul last last weeks..I really hope I can at least get into KCL, don't reject me again, this is so devastating and demotivating... Btw, Good luck to you too!:smile:
I'm not quite sure exactly how it works. I don't know whether international students are compared in isolation or whether everyone is in competition with everyone else.

Where else did you apply?

Im not sure too...I watched an introductory video before in youtube about the law undergraduate programme at QMUL and they said each year qmul will receive ard 3000 applications for which 180 places offered to UK students and only 50 for international applicants.....I applied to UCL, LSE (rejected) , Oxford, QMUL (conditional offer) and KCL...What about you? What other unis did you apply to?
Im not sure too...I watched an introductory video before in youtube about the law undergraduate programme at QMUL and they said each year qmul will receive ard 3000 applications for which 180 places offered to UK students and only 50 for international applicants.....I applied to UCL, LSE (rejected) , Oxford, QMUL (conditional offer) and KCL...What about you? What other unis did you apply to?

I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL and Durham. I've been invited for interview at Oxford, but I haven't had any offers yet.

I thought LSE would be the first decision based on their emails, but apparently they're not sticking to the times very strictly.
I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL and Durham. I've been invited for interview at Oxford, but I haven't had any offers yet.

I thought LSE would be the first decision based on their emails, but apparently they're not sticking to the times very strictly.

Lol, but I truly think you will receive a response soon since they started sending off emails now (either acknowledgement for further consideration or rejection email). When did you apply? I haven't received any invitation for interview from Oxford...What college did u apply to? I applied to Wadham college
(edited 10 years ago)
Got my 2 week email last Monday and got this today:

I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Statistics with Finance programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take approximately seven weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

Thank God they havent rejected me yet! - Application is for Stats w/Finance
Has anyone applying for Economics got an email today yet? (I haven't and it's the 5th week).
Lol, I truly think you will receive a response soon since they started sending off emails now (either acknowledgement for further consideration or rejection email). When did you apply? I haven't received any invitation for interview from Oxford...What college did u apply to? I applied to Wadham college

Yeah, it would be nice to hear from them soon. I applied to Corpus Christi, I really liked Wadham too actually - but I wanted a slightly smaller college.
Reply 2015
I just got an email saying,

'I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Sociology programme...'

and that it will take 7 weeks, is this the new 5 week email?

happy I've got this far :colondollar:
Okay, so I'm literally going crazy...I've been waiting for 5 weeks now for any news from LSE following the 'we'll get back to you in two weeks' email. I've applied for IR and have friends who received their 5 week email within days of receiving their 2 week email.

Are there any IR applicants who have heard back...I really don't think I have a chance, but I'd at least like to receive a swift rejection! :confused:
Reply 2017
Congratulations!!!!! I received an email too but it was a rejection:frown: For those who haven't received any replies means you still have high chance, don't worry.....Wish you all best of luck:smile:.....Felt disappointed but it was okay . The reason they gave me was that my personal statement wasn't good enough to demonstrate interest in their law programme(But come on, words are DECEIVING, how could they judge solely on a piece of paper and said I don't have sufficient passion, I felt offended:angry:)...Anyway,life still goes on:smile: I will definitely prove them wrong in future:smile:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that... Yeah I think the whole thing about judging a candidate mainly on their personal statement is a little ludicrous.. Whilst it is an important component I feel like they put too much weighting on it lol... Oh well I dunno if I'll even get in or not so meh whatever happens happens... Does anyone know how many people approx get the email that tells you are one of the strongest candidates in the cycle and need further consideration? Just curious hahah
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Okay, so I'm literally going crazy...I've been waiting for 5 weeks now for any news from LSE following the 'we'll get back to you in two weeks' email. I've applied for IR and have friends who received their 5 week email within days of receiving their 2 week email.

Are there any IR applicants who have heard back...I really don't think I have a chance, but I'd at least like to receive a swift rejection! :confused:

I don't know about IR, but the same happened to me and another fella on here, and he emailed them and apparently some 5 week emails have been sent to applicants but haven't reached them (some technical fault), so I'd suggest emailing them to ask what stage you're at
Reply 2019
Original post by Nerdgirl1996
I just got rejected from Oxford today and was crying my eyes out until I got this from LSE: "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."

I just wanted to share my happiness :smile: And good luck to everyone!

I'm so sorry to hear about Oxford... But I got that email too today!!! Hahahaha we both were stressing over nothing lol!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending