The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluebell_flames
I applied for straight maths at Oxford, Warwick, Imperial and Durham (I've got an offer from Warwick, but haven't heard from the others yet). How about you? :smile:

Straight Maths at Cambridge, Maths with Eco in Warwick , Imperial and Leicester . Got offer from Warrick LSE and Leicester!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bird in water
Straight Maths at Cambridge, Maths with Eco in Warwick , Imperial and Leicester . Got offer from Warrick LSE and Leicester!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! And good luck with Cambridge/Imperial :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nik13
I'm so sorry to hear about Oxford... But I got that email too today!!! Hahahaha we both were stressing over nothing lol!! :smile:

May I ask what college and course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplemind
Has anyone applying for Economics got an email today yet? (I haven't and it's the 5th week).

Nope not yet; it's the last day of my five weeks too.
Original post by Nik13
I'm so sorry to hear about Oxford... But I got that email too today!!! Hahahaha we both were stressing over nothing lol!! :smile:

I'm pleasantly surprised with LSE! I was really expecting an automatic rejection :tongue: But yes, congratulations on making it so far! Grrrr...now we have to wait another four weeks (possibly more)!
My 5th week today, don't know how many times I've checked my email!!
Original post by hvrey
Two days over my five week period - please LSE, anytime now would be good.

I had to wait for about a week and a half after my five week period to hear from them :s-smilie:
Original post by bird in water

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. When did you get your offer from LSE?
Reply 2028
Original post by The-Illusionist
May I ask what college and course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry no hahah I've got an interview at Cambridge for law hahah didn't apply to Oxford :smile:
Original post by Perks25
Now 4 weeks in my 5 week e-mail wait. Just received an e-mail from Oxford that they will not be inviting me to interview. UGH. Feeling pretty low. If I can't even get an interview at Oxford, what are the chances that LSE is going to seriously consider me as a strong applicant.LOL

I got an Oxford rejection today as well, but I got an email from LSE about an hour later telling me that 'my application was among the strongest etc. etc."
I applied for straight Economics at LSE. They sent me a 2 week email. Within those 2 weeks they requested additional information in the form of subject specific predicted grades. Is that something I should be happy about? Does it mean they are interested in me? Because my friends who got rejected did not get asked for any additional info..
Just received an email asking for a reference from my previous university. I'd sent the reference letter as an attachment a few weeks ago from my personal address and they need a direct email from an official address. Hope that makes sense! Odd since I made it past the 2 week and 7 week stages over a week ago. Not sure if this is a good sign... Any thoughts?

Received unconditionals from Bristol, Leeds and a conditional from Birmingham in the last couple of days so must be doing something right haha.
Reply 2032
Just got the 'your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle...' email today (6 weeks and 4 days after the 5 week email) and they say it will take up to 4 more weeks... so I'm not expecting anything before Christmas to be perfectly honest

I've applied for Economics and Economic History, how's everyone else's application coming along?

Original post by Mkhad
Just got the 'your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle...' email today (6 weeks and 4 days after the 5 week email) and they say it will take up to 4 more weeks... so I'm not expecting anything before Christmas to be perfectly honest

I've applied for Economics and Economic History, how's everyone else's application coming along?

At least your place is basically guaranteed. Congrats. By the way, what's the 5 week email? Is it 5 weeks after they recieve your application or 5 weeks after the 2 week email or..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone actually asked any admissions tutors what this 'your application is among the strongest' email is about? I.e. does it mean that an offer is pretty much guaranteed as some are suggesting, or does it just mean that we are a little more likely to get an offer? :confused:
Reply 2035
Has anyone actually asked any admissions tutors what this 'your application is among the strongest' email is about? I.e. does it mean that an offer is pretty much guaranteed as some are suggesting, or does it just mean that we are a little more likely to get an offer? :confused:

I'm pretty sure they send them to everyone who mets the requirements...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kezexx
I'm pretty sure they send them to everyone who mets the requirements...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can't be quite that straight-forward, as plenty of people who exceeded the requirements have got rejections before that stage. Surely after 7 weeks, LSE must have assessed a little more than meeting 'the requirements'?

EDIT: Wasn't that the point of the 5 week email anyway? :confused:
Ah well, so much for LSE friday....

Of course it means your offer is guaranteed. Why would they reject the best? Unless in the extremely unlikely circumstance that dozens of even better applications come through immediately afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SoggyTractor
Of course it means your offer is guaranteed. Why would they reject the best? Unless in the extremely unlikely circumstance that dozens of even better applications come through immediately afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a valid point, although the fact that others (including those who applied for the same course as me) have received straight offers rather than this suggests that they still have some sort of doubt...

LSE's admissions process is SO stressful :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending