The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6780
Original post by incipientT
Glad things are looking good for you :smile:

What's a Wah pedal? :curious:

Well they are good in the sense that i did manage to ask her out in person, but she didn't give me a definate answer so ...

Ahh yes forgot not everyone knows guitars, Wah pedal is a guitar effect, classic in the 1960s / 1970s think Hendrix, Kirk Hamett, Joe Satriani
Original post by lucine.B
Hey, you still going tomorrow???

Yeah man! The change in venue actually works out for me, it's only an hour bus ride from my house. Will be there for 6 on the dot when the gates open.
Original post by Tcrumpen
Well they are good in the sense that i did manage to ask her out in person, but she didn't give me a definate answer so ...

Ahh yes forgot not everyone knows guitars, Wah pedal is a guitar effect, classic in the 1960s / 1970s think Hendrix, Kirk Hamett, Joe Satriani

Is the one you were having a hard time asking out?

:yep: Is it something you've been after for a while?
Reply 6783
Is the one you were having a hard time asking out?

:yep: Is it something you've been after for a while?

No this is another girl, that girl rejected me, although not sure why, situation looked good, not a while, but recently been wanting it :smile:
No this is another girl, that girl rejected me, although not sure why, situation looked good, not a while, but recently been wanting it :smile:

At least you asked :smile:

Hope it's fun/good/helpful :h:
Oh! Thanks, I had no idea about any of that :h:

Anytime! :h: Not a lot of people do :tongue: even guitarists themselves haha.

Original post by CharlieTT
Yeah man! The change in venue actually works out for me, it's only an hour bus ride from my house. Will be there for 6 on the dot when the gates open.

Cool. Oh lucky you! Twickenham is so far from me! You're gonna be out there quick :tongue:
I know I'll get there very late...though there's a possibility I may have to send in an online application :erm:

Anytime! :h: Great, oh cool. How was it??? I love driving :biggrin: cannot wait to get my driving license then my racing one :ahee:
I'm good thanks, so glad its the weekend! Got any plans for yours???

Was amazing haha, after I got back, couldn't stop talking about it ;P Have you passed your test? Or still learning? :smile: Wow, that sounds awesome! Yes same! Was supposed to be going to Winter Wonderland (in fact, I should be there right now!) but will have to postpone that haha! So it'll be a chilled weekend :smile: another driving lesson on Sunday though!
Original post by CharlieTT

Zamros ?
Anytime! :h: Not a lot of people do :tongue: even guitarists themselves haha.

Really? I guess it must be a fairly obscure thing then...
Reply 6789
At least you asked :smile:

Hope it's fun/good/helpful :h:

It shows to myself that i can do it :smile: however something tells me that she gets asked out a lot and the "i'm not sure, i have lots of deadlines" is her way of saying no :tongue:

Yeah need to get use to playing and useing it at the same time though
Original post by itssimplyme
Was amazing haha, after I got back, couldn't stop talking about it ;P Have you passed your test? Or still learning? :smile: Wow, that sounds awesome! Yes same! Was supposed to be going to Winter Wonderland (in fact, I should be there right now!) but will have to postpone that haha! So it'll be a chilled weekend :smile: another driving lesson on Sunday though!

Aww great! Not sure anyone could tbh, its so fun :h: I've done my theory :smile: Still learning practical though may book my test soon. Mhmm hehe. Oh Hyde Park one yeah??? Oh right, why??? My friends and I are in the middle of planning to go to that :biggrin: We want a big group of us though and its hard to find a date which suits everybody :frown:
Thats sounds nice :cute: chilled weekends are great. Kooool, hae fun with that too hehe. How often do you have lessons???
It shows to myself that i can do it :smile: however something tells me that she gets asked out a lot and the "i'm not sure, i have lots of deadlines" is her way of saying no :tongue:

Yeah need to get use to playing and useing it at the same time though

Could be :sadnod: But as you said, good to do anyway :yep:

Difficult?
Reply 6792
Could be :sadnod: But as you said, good to do anyway :yep:

Difficult?

My problem is i don't know how long to wait before asking someone out, and for me it is slightly difficult it's kinda like learning to drum, i'm having to teach my foot and leg to be independant from the rest of my body

Yeah need to get use to playing and using it at the same time though

Not much to it, its a pretty easy skill to pick up :smile: The main part is knowing how and when to use it especially when improvising. Once you get that down you'll be able to do it no problem :smile: (soon becomes second nature).

Really? I guess it must be a fairly obscure thing then...

Er...not as such :tongue: it is used and many are aware of it, its just some do not know quite what it does. They only know that its an effect :rolleyes:
It isn't really used as often as it used to be really. I mean its like when you look at Duke Ellington's time. His trombonist pretty much changed the face of instruments and their uses. they were able to develop these new sounds using just a pixie mute and a standard mute in order to create growling/ speaking/ singing sounds which sound pretty rad :biggrin: I've only just managed to do it even though I've been playing the Trombone for like 5 yearsish.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Zamros ?

Do I know you from somewhere? xD
Reply 6795
Not much to it, its a pretty easy skill to pick up :smile: The main part is knowing how and when to use it especially when improvising. Once you get that down you'll be able to do it no problem :smile: (soon becomes second nature).

Prob won't take me long, just saying that find it tricky right now :P
My problem is i don't know how long to wait before asking someone out, and for me it is slightly difficult it's kinda like learning to drum, i'm having to teach my foot and leg to be independant from the rest of my body

I don't think there is a proper time to wait :dontknow:

Patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time?
Hey! Long time no speak :tongue: How are ya??? You watched the Blues Brothers yet??? I'm in the middle of compiling you that movie list :h:

Hey! :biggrin: I'm all right, what about you? No, unfortunately I have not as many videos are not allowed to be 'viewed in my country' so I will have to find another website to watch it from. :frown: Are you? That is lovely, thanks. I hope I am not bothering you! :colondollar:

Er...not as such :tongue: it is used and many are aware of it, its just some do not know quite what it does. They only know that its an effect :rolleyes:
It isn't really used as often as it used to be really. I mean its like when you look at Duke Ellington's time. His trombonist pretty much changed the face of instruments and their uses. they were able to develop these new sounds using just a pixie mute and a standard mute in order to create growling/ speaking/ singing sounds which sound pretty rad :biggrin: I've only just managed to do it even though I've been playing the Trombone for like 5 yearsish.

OK, I guess that makes sense :smile:

(I think I get the gist of the rest of what you said, but not much more :tongue:)
Reply 6799
I don't think there is a proper time to wait :dontknow:

Patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time?

Some people say a week, some people say on the day you meet her. not sure who's advice to take

Sorta like that yeah, i'm just not used to doing it, so will take me a bit of time to do it

Quick Reply

Latest