The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Anybody accepted unconditionally with AP scores?
:eek:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by julesohm
Hey guys! How was your LSE Friday? Just got the 'your application is among the strongest' email, got it 6 weeks after receiving the 5 week email. Applying for Law:smile::smile:

Congratz!!!!:smile: May I ask where else did you also apply?
Reply 2062
Original post by applicant2014
Congratz!!!!:smile: May I ask where else did you also apply?

Thank you! But this ain't a concrete offer either :frown: I applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, King's and Manchester! I'm an international applicant btw. What about you? A law applicant too?
Reply 2063
Original post by gracelich
Did you have extenuating circumstances? I applied, and I resat year 12 (have severe extenuating circumstances though tbf). Sorry to hear of your rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i did which upsets me... but i resat year 13. i genuinely thought i would get an offer as my ps was very good.
Reply 2064
May i ask when did u apply and what were ur predictions and as grade is
Reply 2065
Original post by silonthesofa
that seems retarded. I've been writing on behalf of my partner, but I, myself, actually go to Imperial. I had American qualifications and applied in 2010 with predicted grades of 5s on my APs. I wasn't accepted to physics because I couldn't attend the interview, but they offered me a place in material science which I didn't take. So I reapplied the following year, but one of the physics test scores was a 4, not a 5. After interview, they gave me a conditional offer that I retake and score a 5 (which I did). Perhaps because I had 16 APs (of which 9 were 5s, the rest 4s) as opposed to the typical... 5? 6? but who knows. that just seems really stupid.

My partner's applying with the idea that she's just under the necessary requirements but will meet them with a few extra exams this year (one of which is retaking English), and I can't imagine that that would be a basis for rejection.

im actaully just upset because its my first choice.
i am retaking two B's but they were not only anomalous results in 3 out of 15 exams but despite it being anomalous still only 4 ums and 15 ums off A's and an A* in maths so with A*AA i would have got in. i tried to explain this but no reply. however they also said all decisions are final :frown:(((
Original post by cem101
yes i did which upsets me... but i resat year 13. i genuinely thought i would get an offer as my ps was very good.

**** man.... I haven't got a chance then...������

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2067
Original post by gracelich
**** man.... I haven't got a chance then...

Posted from TSR Mobile

they have more faith in people not resitting it seems. as they have done everything first time round... im upset because they dont do clearing or adjustment if i just boss exams there still isnt a way in...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cem101
they have more faith in people not resitting it seems. as they have done everything first time round... im upset because they dont do clearing or adjustment if i just boss exams there still isnt a way in...

How many weeks after your "5 week email" were you rejected? I'm currently 3 weeks 1 day. Yeah, I guess so. However, I do know someone on TSR who got into LSE after resitting year 12. But I think they must have been an exception tbh. I put them down as a long shot... More with the mindset of "I won't know unless I try." Still won't make it any easier though when I get rejected 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2069
Original post by youraveragestudent
I think there's one more of us on here! Lol
Maths: A*
Economics: A*
Further Maths: A
Biology: B (Achieved)
What about you?

Ah shiiit...

A*-Maths
A*Russian
A- Economics
B- English lit

I'm feeling annoyed now too be honest, I wish they didn't say they'll let us know in 5 weeks lol but instead just tell us that we're under consideration
Reply 2070
My 5 weeks are up this Thursday. Hopefully I hear back - very excited at the thought of a possible offer!
Reply 2071
I received the offer on the last day of my 5weeks..Good luck for u all!!:smile:
Original post by vi_anna
Anybody accepted unconditionally with AP scores?
:eek:

Back in 2010, I was accepted to Durham, King's, and St. Andrews unconditionally with AP scores. I think also UCL. But I applied with 16 APs, of which 9 were 5s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2073
Original post by President M.E.
I don't know about IR, but the same happened to me and another fella on here, and he emailed them and apparently some 5 week emails have been sent to applicants but haven't reached them (some technical fault), so I'd suggest emailing them to ask what stage you're at

If you're referring to me as the 'other fella', I'm a girl! :P
Original post by zxxlnn
I received the offer on the last day of my 5weeks..Good luck for u all!!:smile:

what subject?
Original post by Shehr
If you're referring to me as the 'other fella', I'm a girl! :P

Ah, apologies, LSE does strange things to the memory...:colondollar:
Reply 2076
Original post by Mike_123
what subject?

Bsc statistics with finance:smile:
Original post by zxxlnn
Bsc statistics with finance:smile:

No decision yet but Hi5 for Stats w/Finance! :biggrin:
Reply 2078
Original post by mmms95
Congrats!! :smile: what were grades and predicted? (If u don't mind)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thx XD I got A*A*A*for double maths and economics, A for physics:colondollar:
Original post by zxxlnn
Thx XD I got A*A*A*for double maths and economics, A for physics:colondollar:

Impressive academics, what course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending