The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
I'm guessing (or maybe just hoping!) that there will be another interesting Doctor and perhaps an old assistant in it. I wonder if maybe Peter Davidson will make an entrance? He loves the show and his daughter is after all married to David Tennant.

That would be cool, I know omg I can't believe they actually married each other after Jenny's DW appearance as the doctors daughter-I believe that was the episode's name and Donna and Martha were the companions...
Original post by Aula
I wonder what ridiculous number of posts this will have jumped forward by when I next look in :holmes:

I feel sad that I'm going to have to wait an extra day. Drat my commitments :unimpressed:

Tomorrow evening this forum is going to go absolutely bonkers. They will probably have to shut down the rest of TSR to save bandwidth and recruit temporary Mods to do crowd control. :lol:
Tomorrow evening this forum is going to go absolutely bonkers. They will probably have to shut down the rest of TSR to save bandwidth and recruit temporary Mods to do crowd control. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right this time tomorrow night the Internet will explode.:biggrin:
Original post by Saleem Aslam
Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right this time tomorrow night the Internet will explode.:biggrin:

I hear all leave is cancelled at TSR office. :colone:
I hear all leave is cancelled at TSR office. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol they will need some backup :smile:
I feel like the x factors 10th anniversary will have their lowest ratings ever, Doctor Who will screwe them over :lol: . On another point the x factor started in 2004 it's not even been 10 years, did they just say 10th anniversary just to claw some viewers in because of doctor who?
Man the day that I cannot wait yet dread is upon us :cry2:
Hahah it's not as bad as one direction though - they're the reason for the whole save the day hashtags

MusicIsMyPoison
Today is the Day of the Doctor:yes:
Reply 2569
This article sums up why I lost interest at about 13.
Original post by NJA

Exterminate... *fires laser beam*
Original post by NJA

The writer is clearly writing for the sake of controversy - the daleks aren't supposed to be scary because of their appearance - they're scary because of their ideology and that that ideology has been quite prominent in the real world in the past century. They're nazi ideologues - cold hearted murderers with an obsession with racial purity - that is what is supposed to make them scary - and it works.

As for the bit about the tardis, external appearance may be simple but you can't seriously think the control room is unimpressive - particularly some of the old designs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NJA

I think the nicest thing that can be said about the writer of that piece is that he has a limited imagination. :rolleyes:
Reply 2573
Tbf I'd agree with a lot of what the writer says. Especially about it being to connect with the characters, poor writing and terrible effects. However, despite all that I still really like the show. I think it's the idea of the show I like and it's potential in capable hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2574
Well that has annoyed me already, a helicopter shouldn't be able to pick the TARDIS up.
Reply 2575
Tennant's bit has basically been a Tumblr/fan service thing :rolleyes:
More intense Doctor vs Doctor vs Doctor discussion please!
Reply 2577
50 minutes of boredom up to now.
OMG OMG OMG OMG DOCTORGASM. :ahee: CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!! :ahee:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
OMG OMG OMG OMG DOCTORGASM. :ahee: CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!! :ahee:

Lol Doctorgasm :')

Quick Reply

Latest