The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PS4. Loyalty never fades away
Reply 41
Original post by Xamanus
PS4. Loyalty never fades away

Loyal to a megacorportion, kinda strange.
I bought an Xbox 360 out of the last generation, and that was a mistake (though largely because all my friends got PS3s so I had nobody to play with). Of the two new ones I'm leaning towards the PS4, as it just looks better, but I probably won't get one for quite a while yet as it would inevitably lead to me failing my degree. Might get a PS3 over Christmas though, since hopefully the price will go down and I really fancy playing GTA Online with my mates :tongue:
Reply 43
PS4. I for one still haven't forgiven Xbox for their arrogance and stupid policies, even if they have gone back on some. Plus your basically paying more for Kinect, and I have absolutely zero interest in getting kinect which is being forced with the Xbox 1. Aside from Halo I didn't really like any of the Xbox exclusives anyhow. Going back to Sony, and after playing on the PS3 for a while I'm looking forward to it.
PS4 for sure. Never liked Xbox!
Well I've had the PS1-3, so why break the tradition?
Original post by mrdoovde1
How good are the PC graphics on GTA V?

...oh wait

You're missing the point. The graphics are not set in stone like a console. You can keep adding better and better graphic mods, it's flexible. Also the graphics settings can be tweaked in-game. The PC master-race wipes it's arse with modern-consoles with flexibility and customisation alone. You can't put a set graphic level score in this comparison because PC is flexible to do whatever it likes. Making it ALWAYS ahead and there's nothing anyone can do about it.:cool:
Original post by mrdoovde1
How good are the PC graphics on GTA V?

...oh wait

I'll give PS4 and Xbox One three months and PC will have already brought out better graphics for Grand Theft Auto V. Oh and did I mention I'm currently playing it as Iron Man saving the GTA V citizens from a tsunami... Mods beautiful mods.:rolleyes:
Reply 48
Original post by danielsigsworth
All I need is my trusty custom-built performance PC. No graphic limits. Fully customisable. Freedom of Internet and software. Gamer-pad (PS, Xbox) compatible. Steam discounts. All for the same price of those terrible "low-end PC's" you call consoles. :s-smilie: After PS2 and the original Xbox the consoles got less and less personal and more and more like you were renting their machines.:mad: PC forever. :cool:

Jesus, enough with the PC master console crap. We get it. Yes the PC has better specs. Not everyone cares. Plus this is a console thread, who asked for PC input?

I digress, but I challenge you to build a PC that rivals the PS4's performance for anywhere near the same price. 'Low end PC' my ass. What mid-end gaming computer packs 8GB of GDDR5? The whole point of consoles is a closed system which are easier to develop on plus the cost savings from building in bulk. Admittedly this last gen fell behind a bit due its longevity but consoles are more than capable of producing masterpieces. Just look at The Last of Us and Halo 4.If you wanna upgrade your PC year on year be my guest and 'customise' it but not everyone has the money, the time, the effort or the knowhow to do so. Oh and have fun playing those games I mentioned and GTA5. Oh wait, consoles also get exclusives....

Original post by ozzyoscy
Just as with 360/PS3 comparisons, the PS4/Xbox One comparisons are a perfect study of the placebo effect. Whether you're playing Xbox One or PS4, you'll think the graphics look great and in comparison would be fooled if the wrong sides were labelled PS4 and Xbox One.

Not necessarily as both consoles output in 1080p but not both of them are 1080p native. If you have a decent eye for things you can easily notice the difference between 720p/900p upscaled to 1080p which is the majority of xbones games compared to 1080p native on the PS4. You can sometimes see more jaggies and less detail in the pictures as well. Plus to offset this, the Xbone applies a sharpening filter which makes things 'pop' more but this isn't always good. Google 'oversharpened pictures' and you can see what I mean.

But I do see what you mean. Most people who quickly glance at things and/or have no clue what to look for probably won't know the difference. but if you do, there is only one choice for you. If you own a 720p tv with no aims to upgrade within the next few years then you definitely will NOT notice the difference

Original post by danielsigsworth
I'll give PS4 and Xbox One three months and PC will have already brought out better graphics for Grand Theft Auto V. Oh and did I mention I'm currently playing it as Iron Man saving the GTA V citizens from a tsunami... Mods beautiful mods.:rolleyes:

I don't think you understood what he meant....
(edited 10 years ago)
PS4!
I've stuck with playstation since number one.
Reply 50
Original post by buddy
Not necessarily as both consoles output in 1080p but not both of them are 1080p native. If you have a decent eye for things you can easily notice the difference between 720p

But I do see what you mean. Most people who quickly glance at things and/or have no clue what to look for probably won't know the difference.

Then I don't think you do see what I mean. There's no noticable difference between 720p and 1080p, let alone during the hectic activities of a video game, let alone on a 'budget' TV from Argos.

Not even when you scrutinise 720p to 1080p screenshots next to each other do you see a discernible difference.
Reply 51
Then I don't think you do see what I mean. There's no noticable difference between 720p and 1080p, let alone during the hectic activities of a video game, let alone on a 'budget' TV from Argos.

Not even when you scrutinise 720p to 1080p screenshots next to each other do you see a discernible difference.

Maybe I wasn't eloquent enough in my post? People who are pretty good gamers or PC gamers who are used to high resolutions WILL see a difference. A very casual gamer probably won't if they don't pay attention. Plus being being able to see it is subjective while the fact that there is one is objective.

Also I don't quite understand if you're comparing 1080p to 720p directly or 1080p vs 720p upscaled to 1080p. If it's the latter I kinda agree with you. If its the former I don't what to say... Most people I know and I personally can easily discern the difference.

In addition it is rather disingenuous to compare screenshots when a video game is different movies etc where each frame is rendered in real time. You can see the difference much easier in a moving picture (this is depending on if you were talking about my former guess)
Reply 52
Original post by buddy
Maybe I wasn't eloquent enough in my post? People who are pretty good gamers or PC gamers who are used to high resolutions WILL see a difference. A very casual gamer

Oh God, just stop, I had to stop here. Really, mang?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
Oh God, just stop, I can't read any more.

Thanks for replying with an argument about why I'm wrong.

Clearly you are unwilling to back up your statements therefore I think we are done here
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by buddy
Thanks for replying with an argument about why I'm wrong.

Good God, stereotypes really are true.
Reply 55
Good God, stereotypes really are true.

If we're going to get personal...

Says the guy who called out another poster for calling the Xbox gay.

How's the moral high ground working out for ya?
ps4 all day erry'day!
still got my ps1 up until 3
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by buddy
If we're going to get personal...

Says the guy who called out another poster for calling the Xbox gay.

How's the moral high ground working out for ya?

Erm... what's immoral about criticising someone for homophobia? (though I don't remember what you're describing, I'm just taking your word for it)
Reply 58
May/June 2014 when both will be reduced in price I will purchase which ever system has more games that appeals to me.
I love this advert, it brings back fond memories... :h:
[video="youtube;wZkMdi3XBhw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkMdi3XBhw[/video]

I'll probably get the PS4 next summer once my exams are over and more games come out. Although I do also want the Xbox 360 so I can play its exclusives.

Quick Reply

Latest