The Student Room Group

Archaeology/Anthropology 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NaomiMG
I don't know - it's one of my lower grade choices so I'm gonna wait and see what happens - I'm hoping to put it as insurance I think :smile: it's conditional BBB - have you applied yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no not yet :smile:
I am still waiting for my reference! Getting so impatient!! Haha aw I'm sure you will get lots of offers :smile:
Reply 61
I'm applying for archaeology at Durham too!!
Reply 62
I have applied to UCL, Kent, Manchester, Sussex and Edinburgh. Have had offers from Kent and Manchester. UCL is my favourite (and seems to be a lot of people's favourite :L ) but I think I'm on a bit of a dream boat thinking I may have a chance of getting in haha. I'm predicted AAB, for the people that have already got offers from them (well done!!:smile:) what were your predicted grades? and AS grades? Good Luck to everyone! :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by cazziibee
I have applied to UCL, Kent, Manchester, Sussex and Edinburgh. Have had offers from Kent and Manchester. UCL is my favourite (and seems to be a lot of people's favourite :L ) but I think I'm on a bit of a dream boat thinking I may have a chance of getting in haha. I'm predicted AAB, for the people that have already got offers from them (well done!!:smile:) what were your predicted grades? and AS grades? Good Luck to everyone! :smile:

Looks like we have a lot the same! I applied to UCL Kent Manchester Brunel and Bristol and have had offers from all but Bristol. I am predicted 3 A's and got AABB at As. You may be okay with UCL tgey gave me the contextual offer of AAB. I have no idea why! Are you going to the kent visit day next week? Good luck with the replys you're waiting for!
Anyone who applied to Exeter have an offer yet? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by colle009
Looks like we have a lot the same! I applied to UCL Kent Manchester Brunel and Bristol and have had offers from all but Bristol. I am predicted 3 A's and got AABB at As. You may be okay with UCL tgey gave me the contextual offer of AAB. I have no idea why! Are you going to the kent visit day next week? Good luck with the replys you're waiting for!

I'm worried my predicted grades aren't high enough :/ just have to wait and see... :s-smilie: The contextual offer might be because of the sixth form/college you attend, I know that Bristol do contextual offers for my sixth form because it's in the bottom 40% of sixth forms in the country for results. Could be something else though :smile: I might do, if there's any places left, otherwise will go to the February one. Thank you! Got another one from Sussex last night :smile: Good Luck with Bristol!
Reply 66
Original post by cazziibee
I'm worried my predicted grades aren't high enough :/ just have to wait and see... :s-smilie: The contextual offer might be because of the sixth form/college you attend, I know that Bristol do contextual offers for my sixth form because it's in the bottom 40% of sixth forms in the country for results. Could be something else though :smile: I might do, if there's any places left, otherwise will go to the February one. Thank you! Got another one from Sussex last night :smile: Good Luck with Bristol!

Well done! Sussex is really nice but too close to home for me, Brightons a great city :smile: yeah I guess the contextual offer may be because I'm technically from a deprived area and not many people from my college go to top unis. Don't know! You'll just have to wait and see with UCL I guess, you might be okay! I just love UCL so much! Thanks :smile:
Reply 67
^
What did you apply for at UCL? I applied for arch & anth and technically I have an offer, but they won't let me know until I go to an open day next week?!
I have offers from Manchester, Liverpool and Exeter and I got an interview from Magdalen College at Oxford yesterday :w00t:
Reply 68
Original post by cultlogic
^
What did you apply for at UCL? I applied for arch & anth and technically I have an offer, but they won't let me know until I go to an open day next week?!
I have offers from Manchester, Liverpool and Exeter and I got an interview from Magdalen College at Oxford yesterday :w00t:

Congratulations :smile:

I got an interview from St Peters at Oxford for Arch & Anth, so glad I've found someone else who has got an interview. ^_^. Really didn't expect one so I'm not really sure how to prepare for it. :s-smilie:
Hi guys :smile:
I've applied to UCL, Manchester, Kent, Sussex and SOAS. Straight anthropology/ social anthropology.
I have offers from Manchester, Kent and Sussex so far. Waiting on the other two but not to keen on staying in London. Anyone going to the kent open day next week?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by purpledreams12
I've applied to UCL, Manchester, Kent, Sussex and SOAS. Straight anthropology/ social anthropology.
I have offers from Manchester, Kent and Sussex so far. Waiting on the other two but not to keen on staying in London. Anyone going to the kent open day next week?

Nice choices! And congratulations on the offers, I'm also waiting for two more :tongue: I seem to be the only physical anthropology applicant rather than social :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, i also applied for anthropology (mainly soc anth), at edinburgh, lse, bristol, sussex and queens belfast, and currently have offers from sussex (AAB) and Queens (BBB)... do people know what's going on with bristol, i saw the earlier post but wondering if anything has changed?.. the website no longer says subject to availability which is good i think
I was talking to a friend yesterday who said she didn't get her offer from edinburgh until the day before the closing date which would be so fricking stressful mann :s-smilie:
(btw i would have applied to manchester, but i want to move away, i would definitely recommend it as a great city to live in and the course looks good)
Reply 72
Original post by purpledreams12

I'm going to the open day on wednesday :smile: I have an offer from Manchester aswell. Wish they would tell us when their visit day is! Sussex is really nice and Brighton is a great city just too close to home for me!
Reply 73
Original post by cultlogic
^

I applied for just straight anthropology at UCL and got a conditional offer without having to visit or anything. Good luck with your oxford interview!
Reply 74
Anyone applied to St Hugh's at Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
I've applied for anthropology at Durham, UCL, Bristol and Exeter and then Anthropology and sociology at Durham too. Has anyone else applied for Durham? And what kind of offers are people getting?
Original post by Gelc
I've applied for anthropology at Durham, UCL, Bristol and Exeter and then Anthropology and sociology at Durham too. Has anyone else applied for Durham? And what kind of offers are people getting?

I've applied to Durham but for Biological Anthropology, still waiting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Just had an offer from Bristol for BBB. Look's like they're definitely running the course!
Got an offer from Exeter :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
I've literally just sent off my UCAS application! Just got to wait for my reference!

I am a mature student, so i'm not doing A-Levels. I'm doing an access to higher education course instead. (60 credits, each credit has its own grade - pass merit or distinction)

I have applied to Oxford Brookes, University of East London, Exeter, UCL and Kent. :smile: <--- Very diverse choices!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending