The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Quick question, in the Education section, what would you put for triple science GCSE as it only asks for a 'science' qualification? Because I did Bio, Chem and Physics and got different grades for them.

Original post by tory88
Neither - the column head is very misleading. It is asking for the percentage of your degree that subjects made up (click on the question mark and it should explain it for you). If you have tonnes of modules it may be better to group them together if you can, so as not to have a lot of 2%s floating around.

Original post by madl24903
Oh, I see. Thanks :biggrin:

Can I not just put the credits down? And yes, I have to get 120 credits (a year).

I've sent mine off now and I put my credits down. Everything was 20 apart from my dissertation. I'm not all that fussed that I've apparently done it wrong, because it was labelled 'credits' at the top (there's no way I'll be the only one that's put credits down if it's labelled as that), and since basically all my modules are 20 credits, they will get the idea that everything has equal time spent on it.
I just put credits down too, it did say clearly time/credits.

I am so anxious waiting on my references, I don't want to bug them but ASAP would be good!
Reply 1683
Oh and also, if you have more than nine GCSEs (excluding English, Maths and Science) do you just miss some out? I've decided to leave out RE and citizenship (short course anyway). Would that be okay? And do you have to put anything in the languages section?

Thank in advance :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1684
Original post by miss_disney
Sounds ace, :smile: Best of luck, and I'm applying to: Brighton, Chichester and Sussex

fingers crossed! :pingu::smile:

me too! Good luck x
Reply 1685

Can I not just put the credits down? And yes, I have to get 120 credits (a year).

Original post by Airfairy
I've sent mine off now and I put my credits down. Everything was 20 apart from my dissertation. I'm not all that fussed that I've apparently done it wrong, because it was labelled 'credits' at the top (there's no way I'll be the only one that's put credits down if it's labelled as that), and since basically all my modules are 20 credits, they will get the idea that everything has equal time spent on it.

Lots of people will have done this, particularly with the question marks not working for quite a few people. So putting credits down won't be an issue, I'm sure.

Original post by Yoshi-i
Oh and also, if you have more than nine GCSEs (excluding English, Maths and Science) do you just miss some out? I've decided to leave out RE and citizenship (short course anyway). Would that be okay? And do you have to put anything in the languages section?

Thank in advance :smile:

I just left out the GCSEs I didn't feel meant anything (short course RE, PE and citizenship all for the chop). It's not like it affects my ability in any way.

Original post by Yoshi-i
Quick question, in the Education section, what would you put for triple science GCSE as it only asks for a 'science' qualification? Because I did Bio, Chem and Physics and got different grades for them.

I did triple science, but got the same grades so just put that down. For you, I would recommend putting down the highest, and listing each individually under GCSEs with the subject headings (that's the advice that's been given to double science people, anyway).
Reply 1686
Original post by tory88
In previous years, some universities have expected this to happen. But as I understand it the skills tests were very late in coming online for us this year, so no-one will expect you to have completed them by interview. However, they will expect that you have them booked at least.

Yes, if they're on the list they are definitely open. And a better way to search for programs is here

There shouldn't be a delay, except in email transmission (which is possible). Get the secondary reference to check their junk folder.

-----------

Yeah, I sent it off Thursday evening and neither have accepted the I spoke to the head teacher Friday to say she hadn't got it :/
Reply 1687
Original post by ginger.
Thanks a lot! I had a look and one of the universities I was hoping to apply to (Liverpool John Moores University) isn't on the list but they're on the application form. Does this mean that they aren't open yet?

If they're on the form, then they're open. The search function seems a bit dodgy to me, and we all know we can't trust UCAS very much (although they did at least keep it from crashing, which was a shock). But anyway, if you can apply to it, it is open.
Reply 1688
Original post by Kk2k13
Yeah, I sent it off Thursday evening and neither have accepted the I spoke to the head teacher Friday to say she hadn't got it :/

Well, you can't expect anything over the weekend, really (I'm in the same boat, as are most people on the thread) but if nothing is accepted on monday perhaps just check they have both received the e-mail by now. If not, the only thing I can suggest is call UCAS. Don't worry about it though, an application arriving 06/12 is still guaranteed to be considered.
For the skills tests guys, do I just need confirmation of submission of application? or do I have to wait until my referees do something? Just a bit confused.
Guys - absolute nightmare, I have noticed a typo in my personal statement after submitting it. It's currently not officially submitted until my references are put in - Will I be able to edit my personal statement before it goes in? :confused:
Original post by Marcusian
Guys - absolute nightmare, I have noticed a typo in my personal statement after submitting it. It's currently not officially submitted until my references are put in - Will I be able to edit my personal statement before it goes in? :confused:

I'm the same, went over it so many times on screen and saw nothing but once submitted and I got home and read the print out I noticed a typo. Not in my PS thankfully but in the work experience section.

I don't think we can edit it so I am trying to put it out of my mind and not worry too much. If I didn't notice it after 10 readings perhaps no one else will either -_-
Original post by etiquette
I just put credits down too, it did say clearly time/credits.

I am so anxious waiting on my references, I don't want to bug them but ASAP would be good!

Original post by Airfairy

Glad to see, I am not the only one. :biggrin:
Reply 1693
Hey guys it's a relieve to see we're all stressing about the same things! I listed credits too for modules. e.g 20.00 10.00 40.00 and i'm sure that's fine I did it my last application round too and got interviews. So I spoke to my lecturer because she hasn't accepted my reference yet and one of my skills tests is booked on wed and she said she would do if by monday eve. Phew! Was stressing out so much as I'm sure we actually have to have paid for the application to take the tests. Am so nervous about the whole situation! Do you reckon we will get invited for interviews before xmas? Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Original post by cutebat
So I spoke to my lecturer because she hasn't accepted my reference yet and one of my skills tests is booked on wed and she said she would do if by monday eve. Phew!

Are you doing lit or numeracy test first? If you don't mind, would you let us know how it goes - got my lit booked on friday and stressing out immensely!
Finally finished my application :smile: Just waiting for references now
Reply 1696
I completed my application on Thursday night and sent the reference requests then. One of my references has already been completed, the other one has apparently been accepted, but not completed yet. Hoping it gets done before Thursday as I'd like to pay and send off my application within a week! :smile:

Also, has anyone had this weird "thing" happen... basically I got an e-mail saying my principle reference had accepted the request, then another e-mail when he had completed it. I also got an e-mail saying my secondary reference had accepted it (but she hasn't completed it yet).

However, when I login to UCAS, under the References section, it says my principle reference has accepted, then one saying he had completed it. It doesn't say here that my secondary reference has accepted it in this section, but I did get an e-mail about it... bit weird?

I am hoping she hasn't accepted it and then changed her mind and rejected it (if that is even possible)! I'd probably get an e-mail if that had happened though? And I haven't... so I assume it's just a quirk of the website?
Did anyone find they ran out of lines before characters for their PS?
Original post by Deja Vu

Also, has anyone had this weird "thing" happen... .

However, when I login to UCAS, under the References section, it says my principle reference has accepted, then one saying he had completed it. It doesn't say here that my secondary reference has accepted it in this section, but I did get an e-mail about it... bit weird?

Yes! Mine is exactly the same. Just the email but nothing updated under Reference History.
Reply 1699
Original post by magic_box
Yes! Mine is exactly the same. Just the email but nothing updated under Reference History.

Strange, must just be a weird glitch. I assume once they complete the actual reference, it will then update twice, once saying they've accepted and then update again saying they've submitted it.

It still has the red font about when I can next send a reference request reminder, so I assume she hasn't accepted and then rejected it otherwise there'd be no need to show that text.

Hopefully she will get it submitted on Monday/Tuesday!

I don't really want to send it off early to look better as an applicant (I doubt one week makes much difference, if any), just that they have to let you know with a decision within 40 working days after receiving your application.... so the sooner I send it off, the sooner they receive it, and the sooner I will receive a decision! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending