The Student Room Group

Which University for Business Management/Administration?

Hello all,

I'm finalising my list of Universities for Business Management/Administration. However, I am not sure of which schools to apply to. I'm currently doing IB and my predicted is 39.

I'm thinking of these schools:

University of Bath

The University of Edinburgh

King's College

University of Exeter

Lancaster University (Business Studies)

I was thinking that Bath and Edinburgh are my best case scenario schools. I'm not sure if I should keep King's, Exeter and Lancaster, or swap one of them for a "safety" school with lower requirements...

Any advice is appreciated :smile:

Note: Don't know if this matter but, I will be applying with deferred entry because I'm working for a year before University. I'm also considering Erasmus in Rotterdam - however I will apply there during my deferred year if I decide to go there.

Regards,

Flomer
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm currently at Bath doing BBA. The course is ranked as the best business course in the country, and the placements would make you stand out after graduation. The actual course has been OK so far, but I must say the teaching has been pretty poor - definitely not value for money (but then what is at Uni?). I can see it getting a lot better when you choose your units in the second year. Bath is an amazing city and the campus is brilliant. I did also apply to Exeter, but I can't see any reason to choose it over Bath. No idea about the others.
Reply 2
Original post by midnightice
I'm currently at Bath doing BBA. The course is ranked as the best business course in the country, and the placements would make you stand out after graduation. The actual course has been OK so far, but I must say the teaching has been pretty poor - definitely not value for money (but then what is at Uni?). I can see it getting a lot better when you choose your units in the second year. Bath is an amazing city and the campus is brilliant. I did also apply to Exeter, but I can't see any reason to choose it over Bath. No idea about the others.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in Bath. Do the placements take place in the third and fourth year? Also, how would you generally describe most people at Bath?
Original post by Flomer
Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in Bath. Do the placements take place in the third and fourth year? Also, how would you generally describe most people at Bath?

The first placement is at the start of the 2nd year, and the 2nd placement is at the end of the 3rd year - both 6 months long. Everyone's really friendly here and there are a lot of international students, so you get to meet and work with people from different backgrounds.
Reply 4
Original post by midnightice
The first placement is at the start of the 2nd year, and the 2nd placement is at the end of the 3rd year - both 6 months long. Everyone's really friendly here and there are a lot of international students, so you get to meet and work with people from different backgrounds.

Thanks for the info!

My updated list is:

University of Bath

King's College

University of Exeter

University of Kent

If I would replace one of the Universities for St Andrews, which one would you recommend?
Original post by Flomer
Thanks for the info!

My updated list is:

University of Bath

King's College

University of Exeter

University of Kent

If I would replace one of the Universities for St Andrews, which one would you recommend?

I'd replace Exeter as it doesn't have anything on the others from a course point of view, but it is a great city, mind.
Reply 6
I chose Exeter over Bath, and am very happy that I did. I could not be happier. Both are excellent academically, but Exeter has advantages. Better campus by far. Better mix of students( Bath is very limited in the courses to study, so the variety of students is limited). Exeter has a better social life on campus. The career center is amazing. Just my 2 cents from a third year student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending